Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Home Internet - $50 or $100 Amazon/Walmart Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 2:38 pm
Dec 26, 2010
445 posts
105 upvotes
SW Ontario
My Fido promo was 150 for $37.5 50% . It ALWAYS measured 300mbps. Unfortunately they forced me to use their modem.
At the end of Aug I called and asked for a continuation of discount. Denied twice. Then sign up with carrytel for 150mbps plan. I called Fido to cancel and twice they offered me a deal (35 and later 25 off) but I already passed the deadline w carrytel.
I was pissed they didn't help before.
Carrytel works well speed wise. I do restart my modem (TC7650) every day since I noticed poor latency and ping after sometime of use (modem reset fixes it)
Oct 8, 2008
85 posts
22 upvotes
Ontario
Got the email to register but still don't have the actual card...

Thanks for the heads up to check spam!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1627 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
esaul17 wrote: Got the email to register but still don't have the actual card...

Thanks for the heads up to check spam!
when did you sign up?

Wondering how long i need to wait for the email.
Oct 8, 2008
85 posts
22 upvotes
Ontario
redzone wrote: when did you sign up?

Wondering how long i need to wait for the email.
I signed up mid august but didn't install until end of august.
Jul 10, 2008
207 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
kevinkuo wrote: Finally received the email to register for GC today! Though Gmail sent it to Spam and blocked all the links...
what that email looks like ? from which email address ?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1086 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
kevinkuo wrote: From "fido@e.helloworldmail.com via bounce.m.helloworldemail.com". Honestly it looks super sketchy lol
I only see Amazon gift card on your image. I thought there was an option for Walmart gift card as well.
[OP]
Dec 8, 2019
45 posts
70 upvotes
spyhero wrote: I only see Amazon gift card on your image. I thought there was an option for Walmart gift card as well.
Once you click into the link there’s options to choose between Amazon or Walmart, and digital or physical gift card. It also notes that it’ll take an extra 4-6 weeks to process if you want a physical card.
Nov 23, 2017
187 posts
70 upvotes
Do you put in your amazon/walmart account e-mail and then your fido internet account number to register the gift card for your amazon/walmart account?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3708 posts
2593 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, mine went to spam as well. I thought it was fake from the email but that would have been quite a coincidence.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Sep 6, 2012
123 posts
93 upvotes
Pickering Ontario
stephroll wrote: They usually do it around Black Friday ( back to school this year am not too sure )
The best it’s to check around that time if in no rush of course
hopefully they do a promotion again since mine is ending in december as well
Oct 13, 2017
179 posts
266 upvotes
Halifax
Anyone took a screenshot of the $150 GC offer and willing to post it here ? I have been waiting on my GC since I activated my internet on Sep 9 and Fido is telling me that the offer never existed in the first place
Nov 23, 2017
187 posts
70 upvotes
SavvyShopperCa wrote: Anyone took a screenshot of the $150 GC offer and willing to post it here ? I have been waiting on my GC since I activated my internet on Sep 9 and Fido is telling me that the offer never existed in the first place
I don't have a pic of the original deal showing the exact gift card amount, but I have an active link from Fido that proves it is infact real:

https://fido.promo.eprize.com/broadbandoffer1/

Further to this, if you activated by chat or phone where they mentioned about the gift card, they WILL have a record of those interactions, which a manager at Fido can access.

Lastly, if they continue to act in denial, threaten to complain to CCTS and provide the link I gave as proof that Fido did have a gift card promo this year. Here is the link to CCTS for submitting a complaint if Fido doesn't budge in the end:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Let us know how it goes.

EDIT - I found an archived snapshot of the Fido web page that mentions the gift card amount ($150). It was snapshotted on Sept. 7, 2020:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200907022 ... w.fido.ca/

(pic incase the above link doesn't work) https://gyazo.com/692b6f4f1dc804b77eafb07979bfbfc0

Also attached an image of the snapshot below.
Images
  • screencapture-web-archive-org-web-20200907022540if-https-www-fido-ca-2020-10-18-13_26_31.png
May 30, 2015
296 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
SPSPSPSP wrote: I got the 50% deal for fido150 and get close to 300 with no issues. 37.5 rather than 75 dollars

Its expiring in December, how likely are they to renew it if it ask?
100%. Tell then you'll leave if they don't. I got mine renewed more than once. Haven't paid full price yet.
Barter ftw