• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 7:52 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9393 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
fergy wrote: I tried to see if I can overpay my Koodo bill. I only have the wireless home phone.
"The amount you have entered exceeds the maximum overpayment of the total due + 20%. The most you can pay now is $13.56."
Oh really... Dam that sucks.
Aug 19, 2009
435 posts
261 upvotes
signed up Dec 2.
Gift card status still shows "pending"
what does that mean...

MooH wrote:

I'm on chat with them about 100MC GC promo,

Subscribed for Home internet on Dec 2 and registered for GC promo on Dec 2; status Pending with last time updated on Dec 3.

Their answer is that they run out of GC's and I'm out of luck. WTF
wtf kinda answer is that wow... did u get this sorted?

radeonboy wrote:
Was I lied to by the Fido representative? I remember when I called in on Nov 26 to order, they said as long as I don't plug in modem until November 28 when the gift card promo started, that the Fido account would not be activated. They said it would be activated on the date modem was plugged in. So I plugged in the modem on Nov 28. So I ordered on the phone on the 26th. Modem arrived 27th. Didn't plug modem until 28th as advised.

So is this why I wasn't eligible for the gift card? Bad information? Argh...
They lied to you. Account activation is not dependent on when you plug in your modem. it's 72 hours after shipping. Or immediately if you ordered in-store. But in your case after 72 hours it falls within the promo timeframe so...
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13267 posts
3689 upvotes
RFD
ae86fr wrote: signed up Dec 2.
Gift card status still shows "pending"
what does that mean...

wtf kinda answer is that wow... did u get this sorted?

They lied to you. Account activation is not dependent on when you plug in your modem. it's 72 hours after shipping. Or immediately if you ordered in-store. But in your case after 72 hours it falls within the promo timeframe so...
Fido reps only could give me $20 credit, not the $100. They did not want to accept responsibility for their employee mistake
Oct 31, 2006
610 posts
243 upvotes
I got my issue resolved by a supervisor, I got 100 credit
Public Mobile user
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9225 posts
2996 upvotes
tt1688 wrote: Just got my first bill, is anyone else getting charged for "wifi modem rental?"

Thanks
What plan? I'm on the $37.50 150mbps plan and my total bill will be $42.37 but that would start with the 2nd bill because my 1st bill had partial charges from when I first signed up.
Discomfort is your friend
Sep 25, 2016
131 posts
29 upvotes
blexann wrote: What plan? I'm on the $37.50 150mbps plan and my total bill will be $42.37 but that would start with the 2nd bill because my 1st bill had partial charges from when I first signed up.
Ok, so they didn't charge me for wifi modem rental. They said its already included in the monthly price already - $32.50 for the 75u plan. It's just the format/layout of the bill was confusing. But please be careful. I signed up for the 75u plan -$32.5o as stated on my agreement but they gave me the 150u plan and charged me $37.50 lol
Nov 24, 2014
202 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone received their refund for the activation charge yet?
I haven't seen it it on my internet or tablet bills
Smiling Face With Horns
Aug 19, 2009
435 posts
261 upvotes
Anyone still waiting for the $100 gift card? They are "looking into it" for me after contacting them... everyone should contact them if still no GC.
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.
Apr 29, 2007
307 posts
81 upvotes
Caledon
I've been chasing these clowns for weeks now. It's always the same BS response: "We've elevated you're complaint, and are waiting five days for their response.". Today, after pressing them, they've agreed to credit me $100 on my bill vs. the Mastercard.
Aug 19, 2009
435 posts
261 upvotes
goddamn. so fkin annoying we have to keep pressing to get these people to do what they are supposed to do. I'm still waiting for their response on the GC. they said 5-7 biz days. sigh
Zoomer, Tangerine.
Nov 8, 2005
559 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I must be blind - can someone tells me where to turn on the bridge mode in my Hitron modem? I am already logged in to it but don't see anywhere that I can turn off the cable modem wifi nor switch it to bridge mode???
Apr 22, 2010
265 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
ahson wrote: I must be blind - can someone tells me where to turn on the bridge mode in my Hitron modem? I am already logged in to it but don't see anywhere that I can turn off the cable modem wifi nor switch it to bridge mode???
At the top there are 3 tabs: STATUS BASIC ADMIN

Under the Basic tab, disable the Residential Gateway Function.