Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido Internet 150Mps service for 42.50 (first 12 months)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 6:08 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37031 posts
22996 upvotes
Center of Universe
chimaican wrote: Serious question: what are you doing to need such speeds all the time?
Pron...
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
Ordered yesterday. Got package today. Very fast.

Got CODA-4582U modem with NO **** POWER CABLE.

So very unimpressed with fido. Argh. What a waste of time to fix this.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1683 posts
1423 upvotes
mikefly wrote: Ordered yesterday. Got package today. Very fast.

Got CODA-4582U modem with NO **** POWER CABLE.

So very unimpressed with fido. Argh. What a waste of time to fix this.
Bad luck and crappy quality control when shipping from their distribution center. I picked up my modem at the store and checked. Never trust anything shipped.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: Bad luck and crappy quality control when shipping from their distribution center. I picked up my modem at the store and checked. Never trust anything shipped.
A taste of things to come. Contacting sales - instant. Trying to get help - not so much.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1683 posts
1423 upvotes
mikefly wrote: A taste of things to come. Contacting sales - instant. Trying to get help - not so much.
I would ask for a credit for the hassle you are going through. They shouldn't be charging the account until you get a cable. Good luck.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: I would ask for a credit for the hassle you are going through. They shouldn't be charging the account until you get a cable. Good luck.
They refused to offer anything. I cancelled the service. What a waste of my time.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1683 posts
1423 upvotes
mikefly wrote: They refused to offer anything. I cancelled the service. What a waste of my time.
Craziness. As I stated before, last year in Nov, I signed up for the BF promo (50% off) and they sent me an assigned modem. Similar happened to me. Spent 3-4 hours troubleshooting then found out. Ended up canceling and having to go through a process to print label and send the modem back. Pure hassle. No credit or anything. I gave them another chance this year so just before xmas (50% promo), I tried again and this time I picked up the modem and they gave me a $50 credit for last year's trouble. So far no issues with the service or the billing. I guess I got a better rep who actually did the billing correct. I picked the place to pick up the modem and it just worked after plugging in (1 minute to set up). Then cancelled Crappytel the same day.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: Craziness. As I stated before, last year in Nov, I signed up for the BF promo (50% off) and they sent me an assigned modem. Similar happened to me. Spent 3-4 hours troubleshooting then found out. Ended up canceling and having to go through a process to print label and send the modem back. Pure hassle. No credit or anything. I gave them another chance this year so just before xmas (50% promo), I tried again and this time I picked up the modem and they gave me a $50 credit for last year's trouble. So far no issues with the service or the billing. I guess I got a better rep who actually did the billing correct. I picked the place to pick up the modem and it just worked after plugging in (1 minute to set up). Then cancelled Crappytel the same day.
Truthfully if the retentions person had been remotely empathetic I wouldn't have cared. But she told me that Rogers placed no value on my time. WTF!?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1683 posts
1423 upvotes
mikefly wrote: Truthfully if the retentions person had been remotely empathetic I wouldn't have cared. But she told me that Rogers placed no value on my time. WTF!?
There is no loyalty with any of these companies. I've had my Rogers cell # since 1994 and you think they care. Given the lousy service by Carrytel the past 2 years, I said I was going to switch to something at the end of 2021 for some internet stability. This time, the luck was on my side. Maybe you will get that the next time a promo like this comes around. You may just need to stick with what you got or look at Virgin from one of the other threads?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1782 posts
3403 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Serious question: what are you doing to need such speeds all the time?
Tbh I had just Gigabit before and that was cause I had a pretty good promo from bell ($60/month) but now Fibe 1.5 gigabit internet is included with my townhouse condo corp maintenance plan thing so thats why I have gigabit 1.5. Although I would say it useful for me since in my home I have about 20-30 devices connected and at the same time I have many devices streaming, downloading, etc so having that extra speed does help, however I am looking to get the HomeHub 4000 cause my speeds suck in the basement, only get 50Mbs-150Mbs whereas in my room I get about 300-600Mbs on my cell. On my PC and PS5 I get 950Mbs using ethernet which is actually really nice since any updates that need to download (cough cough 50gb COD update) get downloaded really fast, heck even when I need to download most games it usually only takes a few minutes.

1.5Gb definitely not a need but its nice to have.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1782 posts
3403 upvotes
ryanrudolf wrote: mine is fluctuating and barely goes to 150M.

modem is in bridge mode and connected to Netgear R7800 running openwrt.

Screenshot_20220108-103056_Speedtest.png
Are you on 2.4 ghz wifi or 5 ghz wifi band? Using 5ghz usually makes a huge difference
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6853 posts
2853 upvotes
zjwffff wrote: Is the deal expired?Thanks
For renewals, people seem to still be getting it, at least as of today (it can end at any time). For new customers, I believe the deal is expired
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1782 posts
3403 upvotes
Fibre Optic is the way
Images
  • Screenshot 2022-01-08 203649.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1782 posts
3403 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Pron...
4k 60fps VR needs all the speed Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1782 posts
3403 upvotes
FatSheep wrote: How much is it?
It's included with my house's maintenance plan but when I use to pay for Bell Gigabit Fibe, I had a promo and paid around $60-70
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1657 posts
1112 upvotes
GTA
aomous wrote: Are you on 2.4 ghz wifi or 5 ghz wifi band? Using 5ghz usually makes a huge difference
5GHz wifi. its fluctuating for me.
Screenshot_20220109-082145_Speedtest.png
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3490 posts
2200 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: Make sure they don't ding you on the first bill for it. Myself and someone else in this thread had to have it corrected as Fido charged it on top of the $42.50.
Got my first bill, $8 modem rental fee is there (50% off). Will have to contact billing to get it adjusted.

I see the big boys are still pulling those "accidental" extra fees.
Mar 1, 2017
446 posts
159 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: There is no loyalty with any of these companies. I've had my Rogers cell # since 1994 and you think they care. Given the lousy service by Carrytel the past 2 years, I said I was going to switch to something at the end of 2021 for some internet stability. This time, the luck was on my side. Maybe you will get that the next time a promo like this comes around. You may just need to stick with what you got or look at Virgin from one of the other threads?
I’m just gonna sign up with cannet. Fixed price, no need to renegotiate every year. Up front installation charge, I can live with it.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3490 posts
2200 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: Make sure they don't ding you on the first bill for it. Myself and someone else in this thread had to have it corrected as Fido charged it on top of the $42.50.
After double checking, turns out it is a legit charge. The service is $67.00 + $8 for rental = $75 @ 50% off makes $37.50 + tax as advertised.