Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido Internet 150Mps service for 42.50 (first 12 months)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2022 11:25 am
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1058 posts
922 upvotes
peli33 wrote: After double checking, turns out it is a legit charge. The service is $67.00 + $8 for rental = $75 @ 50% off makes $37.50 + tax as advertised.
It is separated on the bill. What happened in my case is it was being charged separately so it was more than the agreed upon $42.50.
Jan 8, 2022
5 posts
Tried to set up the modem on Friday, didn't work, used the live chat and they sent a technician the next day. Was pleasantly surprised as I expected them to come by on Monday at the soonest. DL speed was above advertised (230), UL speed was basically capped at the advertised speed. All seems well, thanks OP.
Oct 20, 2004
236 posts
25 upvotes
Kitchener
When I signed up I asked the phone rep to make sure that I was getting the 50% off on the modem rental as well. I told him that there was quite a few people on RFD that were getting charged the full modem rental price. He assured me that he would process the order properly. He mentioned that there was a separate button on his order screen that he had to click which then opened up the modem rental screen and he had to then enter the 50% discount option on that screen as well. If he didn't go to the modem screen then only the internet service would be discounted 50% and the modem rental would be the full ($8.00) price - which is apparently what is happening to many people here. From the way he talked it appeared that he was aware that there were quite a few reps who were not doing this correctly.

Although my rep seemed knowledgeable I still was doubtful that it would be applied correctly on my bill. Got my first bill last week and the modem 50% discount was indeed applied correctly. That probably saved me a couple of hours on chat or the phone trying to get this corrected if it was wrong.

I guess that it is hit and miss whether you get a rep that knows what they are doing. Best of luck to everyone who signed up for this deal.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
― Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1668 posts
1125 upvotes
GTA
OK i called it in today as speeds are really really slow - 20-30u and my plan is 150u.

Fido sent out a tech (rogers) and after initial troubleshooting the tech changed the old CGN3 modem to a white hitron modem. Speed test and im now getting 300u. Very happy with the service and support. And i got this at $40 + taxes. Thanks Fido!

EDIT- this is the modem that the tech installed - CODA-4582U
PXL_20220111_002556689.jpg
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
May 27, 2008
410 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
My Fido 150 plan for the 1 year promotional price of $37.50 has come to an end.

Without contacting them, I noticed an update with new paperwork sent out showing the same plan at the regular price of $75 and a $20/month discount offered so $55/month. I'm going to contact them in an attempt to get back on the original promotion price.
Mar 15, 2013
753 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
With Rogers I pretty much never had this problem but with Fido my internet drops everyday. I tried calling, had a technician over (said road to house good and replaced modem) and then called again and switch to 5g because it was set to only have 2.4. It still is completely dropping sometimes everyday. Sometimes speed fluctuations are from 150-300 plus but sometimes way lower then I drops. TIA for any opinions.
Mar 15, 2012
63 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO
93srvman wrote: My Fido 150 plan for the 1 year promotional price of $37.50 has come to an end.

Without contacting them, I noticed an update with new paperwork sent out showing the same plan at the regular price of $75 and a $20/month discount offered so $55/month. I'm going to contact them in an attempt to get back on the original promotion price.
let me know if this works...im in the same boat
May 27, 2008
410 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
jriggz wrote: let me know if this works...im in the same boat
0/2 so far in the online chat over 2 different days. First rep offered a $20 discount on what apparently is an $85 plan I'm on (It's actually $75). I then told them I got $55 automatically but they couldn't do better. Today's rep couldn't offer a thing. :shrug: Will try again in time.
Nov 26, 2018
355 posts
348 upvotes
93srvman wrote: 0/2 so far in the online chat over 2 different days. First rep offered a $20 discount on what apparently is an $85 plan I'm on (It's actually $75). I then told them I got $55 automatically but they couldn't do better. Today's rep couldn't offer a thing. :shrug: Will try again in time.
mine's expiring in 2 weeks. no luck after two chats. is there anything better out there? i'm actually happy with fido's 150u and don't want to leave. he offered me $25 off $85 plan (15u)
May 27, 2008
410 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
konig1 wrote: mine's expiring in 2 weeks. no luck after two chats. is there anything better out there? i'm actually happy with fido's 150u and don't want to leave. he offered me $25 off $85 plan (15u)
Thanks for the reminder - I've had no further luck in speaking to retentions just now. The price has increased now to $85/month and the best they offered was $35 off that - effectively the same as the $25 off $75 plan I was auto offered from the billing dept. They suggested waiting for a black Friday sale as a potential time to lower for any offers put out there for new customers - they would likely match for existing customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2012
1084 posts
297 upvotes
TORONTO
Any deal for new FIDO customer for internet? The site only offer $15 off per month. Thanks.
Dec 8, 2019
135 posts
197 upvotes
HappyValley1 wrote: Any deal for new FIDO customer for internet? The site only offer $15 off per month. Thanks.
Same. I am looking for home internet and all they have to offer is $15 off. Any Fido sale reps here that can help?
Mar 6, 2005
529 posts
167 upvotes
I am looking too, New Customer looking for home internet. Anyone?
Mar 15, 2013
753 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
With Rogers I pretty much never had this problem but with Fido my internet drops everyday. I tried calling, had a technician over (said road to house good and replaced modem) and then called again and switch to 5g because it was set to only have 2.4. It still is completely dropping sometimes everyday. Sometimes speed fluctuations are from 150-300 plus but sometimes way lower then it drops. TIA for any opinions.
Oct 18, 2019
248 posts
141 upvotes
GTA West
DNAv5 wrote: I am looking too, New Customer looking for home internet. Anyone?
I did have 150mb for 12 months at 50% off $42.50 but that ended and now the best they'll offer is $25 off for either 75mb or 150mb... So $50 for 75mn and $60 for 150mb not including taxes
Jul 14, 2019
701 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
Sonofman wrote: I did have 150mb for 12 months at 50% off $42.50 but that ended and now the best they'll offer is $25 off for either 75mb or 150mb... So $50 for 75mn and $60 for 150mb not including taxes
I'm for new internet connection. They gave me the same offer. Confused Face Do you got any better offer from other providers?
May 19, 2022
3 posts
Darshan7 wrote: I'm for new internet connection. They gave me the same offer. Confused Face Do you got any better offer from other providers?
has there been any response for this? looking for an offer that fits budget, bummed the 42.50 offer ended