Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Fido] Fido Internet - 50% off, 150M $37.5, 75M $32.5 for 12 months, new customer may qualify for a 100 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 1:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1304 posts
100 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Would have stayed with Rogers if they kept my price.

Fido modem isn't doing so well. Have reset it a few times, can't resolve a lot of sites, including RFD, while connected to it.

Raised a ticket with Fido already. Grr.
Nov 21, 2018
24 posts
41 upvotes
sahilz wrote: Would have stayed with Rogers if they kept my price.

Fido modem isn't doing so well. Have reset it a few times, can't resolve a lot of sites, including RFD, while connected to it.

Raised a ticket with Fido already. Grr.
I mean this just sounds like a DNS issue. Have you tried setting your DNS server to use 1.1.1.1?
Mar 21, 2012
49 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up sign up with Fido from Rogers even though they offered almost matching the price with Fido except the Giftcard.
I talked to the agent over the phone and he said I'd get the giftcard but when I check my status on "myfidopromotions.com", my account wasn't even on the promotion. I registered myself, thanks to RFD!

I'd say check your promo status, if you just talked to the Rep over the phone..

BTW, how many days did people receive gift card after they sign up??
Nov 21, 2018
24 posts
41 upvotes
sahilz wrote: Couldn't reach by IP as well. Not DNS issue
Well, #1 rule of IT Networking: It's always DNS.

Maybe it isn't on your end but it is the ISP's DNS server.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1304 posts
100 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Anelephant wrote: Well, #1 rule of IT Networking: It's always DNS.

Maybe it isn't on your end but it is the ISP's DNS server.
Thanks -- i am a sysadmin myself ;)

Fido guy said I can plug in my rogers modem to continue using while they fix it. However this morning Rogers stopped working. Called into Rogers they said as soon as I plugged in the semi-working fido modem --- Rogers service was cancelled. FML!
Dec 2, 2019
13 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
I just signed up for this. Called Bell first to see what they could do. I was at about $100/month for tv/internet/home phone and have been ready to cancel them all for a while, if a good internet-only deal came along.

Bell wouldn't do anything for me. The price for just internet would be regular retail, $90. After 8 years with them they were going to give no discount or attempt at retention. Told them thanks we'll call back in a few days to cancel.

Still not sure if my Bell Fibe was FTTH or FTTN but it was just a grandfathered 25/10 package so cable at 75 should be just as good I imagine.
Jul 6, 2010
252 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
gpaas25 wrote: Still not sure if my Bell Fibe was FTTH or FTTN but it was just a grandfathered 25/10 package so cable at 75 should be just as good I imagine.
Dowload speed on the 75/10 service is typically around 90 Mbps. It should be fine for your needs.
i am upside down
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2511 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
crazyqqq wrote: Regarding the gift card, please check out the images attached to my first post.

1. If you qualify, you will receive an email invite to register the $100 Mastercard Gift Card.
2. It may take 21 days for a customer to receive the invite.
3. After you receive the invite, you have 30 days to register for the gift card.
I got the email today that my account is activate, but no invitation yet, i'm totally new to fido. guess I have to wait?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2511 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
gatewaysucks wrote: fido is terrible. i signed up. they said i could pick up a modem. no modems when i go to pick up. they want me to drive 200km to get a modem. uh no thanks, just ship it.

check your bills. i was charged $8 for the modem rental that they said was included in the price. support is terrible too. call center hangs up when you ask to speak to a manager, after the person who answers says they are a manager. it seemed so sketchy, like fido was hacked and i'm calling one of those scam call centers.
oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2008
534 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
I got a Freebie from Fido Xtra today for being a new customer. I can choose either second cup coffee / tea or $5 esso GC.

I am not sure whether this is related to my new mobile account or internet account. You only have 30 days to claim the freebie after receiving it...

But it doesn't hurt to check it out..
Dec 9, 2008
186 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks. I got this offer. I got 150U with 37.5 and 100 bill credit. I asked to order the Fido internet at last Friday(Nov 30). I asked the agent about 100 visa GC this morning.. She mention that it is expired Dec 3. But after several minutes she said that she can give me 100$ credit into bill. that is great!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4524 posts
1153 upvotes
Toronto
gatewaysucks wrote: fido is terrible. i signed up. they said i could pick up a modem. no modems when i go to pick up. they want me to drive 200km to get a modem. uh no thanks, just ship it.

check your bills. i was charged $8 for the modem rental that they said was included in the price. support is terrible too. call center hangs up when you ask to speak to a manager, after the person who answers says they are a manager. it seemed so sketchy, like fido was hacked and i'm calling one of those scam call centers.
forgetpwd wrote: oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
Do the math on your bills first to be sure. Fido list the "modem rental" as a separate item but it's really just part of the monthly plan price.

e.g. a $65/month 75M plan will be shown as $8 rental + $57 whatever.
Nov 22, 2009
91 posts
65 upvotes
London
forgetpwd wrote: oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
it's bad. i complained and now i can't get in to my account. something weird is going on with my account.

anyone having issues with billing please complain at:
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/

fido customer service is useless.