Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Fido] Fido Internet - 50% off, 150M $37.5, 75M $32.5 for 12 months, new customer may qualify for a 100 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 8:23 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2008
534 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Rakalraj wrote: Thanks op. Applied. They also gave me a free tab.
What do you mean a free tab? A free tablet?
Jul 6, 2010
343 posts
626 upvotes
Gone Again
rolomonster wrote: Not sure if you need to be an existing customer but they may offer 50% off plus free tablet with a free 4gb tablet plan.

Updated with link: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/promotions ... e-internet
"Limited-time offer or while quantities last; subject to change without notice. Available to new Fido Home Internet service subscribers only who are Fido postpaid customers with an eligible mobile plan (data only, talk & text, text and data only and prepaid plans not eligible). Available in select Fido locations or by calling Fido Customer Service. Limit of one (1) offer per eligible customer. Setup Service Fee of $35 applicable to set up your device and related services is waived. Samsung Tab A 8.0 at $0 when activated on a 2-year $15/mo 4GB tablet plan. Monthly tablet plan fee waived for 24 months. Monthly tablet plan fee will apply thereafter; currently $15/month, subject to applicable rate increases. Credit will appear by your third bill following activation of tablet. The cancellation of your Fido postpaid mobile plan or your Fido Home Internet services will cancel the tablet offer. Early cancellation fees apply."

It seems to be the same as this offer: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-fi ... 1-2306636/
i am upside down
Nov 25, 2010
57 posts
32 upvotes
Ajax, ON
thanks op.

Just signed up. Free tablet and 150 internet.
May 5, 2017
107 posts
102 upvotes
So if I cancel the internet after one year, they will charge me for tab, even if I have the phone plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1764 posts
899 upvotes
umopapisdnwei wrote: "Limited-time offer or while quantities last; subject to change without notice. Available to new Fido Home Internet service subscribers only who are Fido postpaid customers with an eligible mobile plan (data only, talk & text, text and data only and prepaid plans not eligible). Available in select Fido locations or by calling Fido Customer Service. Limit of one (1) offer per eligible customer. Setup Service Fee of $35 applicable to set up your device and related services is waived. Samsung Tab A 8.0 at $0 when activated on a 2-year $15/mo 4GB tablet plan. Monthly tablet plan fee waived for 24 months. Monthly tablet plan fee will apply thereafter; currently $15/month, subject to applicable rate increases. Credit will appear by your third bill following activation of tablet. The cancellation of your Fido postpaid mobile plan or your Fido Home Internet services will cancel the tablet offer. Early cancellation fees apply."

It seems to be the same as this offer: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-fi ... 1-2306636/
As with anything YMMV. I was even able to get the tablet offer on a talk and text only plan. Depends on your rep. Always play dumb and try.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1764 posts
899 upvotes
Rakalraj wrote: So if I cancel the internet after one year, they will charge me for tab, even if I have the phone plan.
Should be two different agreements for each service. If anything you have 15 days to return the tablet if there is any tricky wording in the agreement.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Dec 25, 2017
126 posts
136 upvotes
Just done chatting with robbers. Got $38 for 150U. Guess for just 50 cents, it’s not worth the hassle. Will stay with robbers. But thank you, OP, for posting the deal, which became my bargain chip.
Jun 2, 2016
168 posts
56 upvotes
can you get this deal if you are not a fido cell phone customer? I asked few weeks ago and they said it is only for existing customers.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2736 posts
231 upvotes
Does Fido tend to increase their monthly price by a few dollars every year like Rogers, Telus?
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
5 upvotes
koowhip wrote: Just tried my luck w/ Rogers.. only willing to extend $44.99/mo for the 150 plan. Guess i'll be making the call to Fido as well
Do you have cable/home phone w/Rogers (bundle) or just internet??
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3335 posts
510 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Rakalraj wrote: Thanks op. Applied. They also gave me a free tab.
Did you have a cell plan with them or are you a new customer with Fido?
lol_face3 wrote: thanks op.

Just signed up. Free tablet and 150 internet.
Same question. Did you have a cell plan with them or are you a new customer with Fido?

A bunch of us are wondering if we can get this free tab and data plan as a new customer with internet sign up?
Aug 26, 2016
30 posts
6 upvotes
SoulSeeker wrote: Do you have cable/home phone w/Rogers (bundle) or just internet??
Just internet. Would that make a difference?
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
5 upvotes
koowhip wrote: Just internet. Would that make a difference?
Yes, from what I was told by a Rogers billing agent tonight. He said that if you just have internet, you can get a decent deal, however, if you are on a bundled plan, they gouge you when it comes to internet. For instance, I am on a bundle - for cable (Premier, Crave/HBO/Movies, 4K box, 4 extra channels) I pay $80. For home phone (3 calling features + Canada long distance) I pay $21. BUT, for 150 Mb Internet package, i'm dinged for $90 (was $80 but now they charge me the $10 modem rental) When I called in to see if I could get a lower internet price, all the cable credits disappeared & instead of a lower bill, it would have been about $30 more per month!!
Aug 26, 2016
30 posts
6 upvotes
SoulSeeker wrote: Yes, from what I was told by a Rogers billing agent tonight. He said that if you just have internet, you can get a decent deal, however, if you are on a bundled plan, they gouge you when it comes to internet. For instance, I am on a bundle - for cable (Premier, Crave/HBO/Movies, 4K box, 4 extra channels) I pay $80. For home phone (3 calling features + Canada long distance) I pay $21. BUT, for 150 Mb Internet package, i'm dinged for $90 (was $80 but now they charge me the $10 modem rental) When I called in to see if I could get a lower internet price, all the cable credits disappeared & instead of a lower bill, it would have been about $30 more per month!!
Appreciate the intel!
Jan 4, 2019
21 posts
5 upvotes
YW - I sure wish I could get 150 Mb internet for $45.!!!

As it is, i'm left paying $100 incl. taxes for it but better to pay that then $200+ for all 3 services!