Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Fido Internet - 50% off, 150M $37.5, 75M $32.5 for 12 months, new customer may qualify for a 100 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 12:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2008
1316 posts
103 upvotes
Square One, Mississa…
Anelephant wrote: Well, #1 rule of IT Networking: It's always DNS.

Maybe it isn't on your end but it is the ISP's DNS server.
Thanks -- i am a sysadmin myself ;)

Fido guy said I can plug in my rogers modem to continue using while they fix it. However this morning Rogers stopped working. Called into Rogers they said as soon as I plugged in the semi-working fido modem --- Rogers service was cancelled. FML!
Dec 2, 2019
18 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa
I just signed up for this. Called Bell first to see what they could do. I was at about $100/month for tv/internet/home phone and have been ready to cancel them all for a while, if a good internet-only deal came along.

Bell wouldn't do anything for me. The price for just internet would be regular retail, $90. After 8 years with them they were going to give no discount or attempt at retention. Told them thanks we'll call back in a few days to cancel.

Still not sure if my Bell Fibe was FTTH or FTTN but it was just a grandfathered 25/10 package so cable at 75 should be just as good I imagine.
Jul 6, 2010
609 posts
1063 upvotes
Toronto
gpaas25 wrote: Still not sure if my Bell Fibe was FTTH or FTTN but it was just a grandfathered 25/10 package so cable at 75 should be just as good I imagine.
Dowload speed on the 75/10 service is typically around 90 Mbps. It should be fine for your needs.
i am upside down
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3127 posts
854 upvotes
Mars
crazyqqq wrote: Regarding the gift card, please check out the images attached to my first post.

1. If you qualify, you will receive an email invite to register the $100 Mastercard Gift Card.
2. It may take 21 days for a customer to receive the invite.
3. After you receive the invite, you have 30 days to register for the gift card.
I got the email today that my account is activate, but no invitation yet, i'm totally new to fido. guess I have to wait?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3127 posts
854 upvotes
Mars
gatewaysucks wrote: fido is terrible. i signed up. they said i could pick up a modem. no modems when i go to pick up. they want me to drive 200km to get a modem. uh no thanks, just ship it.

check your bills. i was charged $8 for the modem rental that they said was included in the price. support is terrible too. call center hangs up when you ask to speak to a manager, after the person who answers says they are a manager. it seemed so sketchy, like fido was hacked and i'm calling one of those scam call centers.
oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2008
542 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
I got a Freebie from Fido Xtra today for being a new customer. I can choose either second cup coffee / tea or $5 esso GC.

I am not sure whether this is related to my new mobile account or internet account. You only have 30 days to claim the freebie after receiving it...

But it doesn't hurt to check it out..
Dec 9, 2008
193 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks. I got this offer. I got 150U with 37.5 and 100 bill credit. I asked to order the Fido internet at last Friday(Nov 30). I asked the agent about 100 visa GC this morning.. She mention that it is expired Dec 3. But after several minutes she said that she can give me 100$ credit into bill. that is great!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5033 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
gatewaysucks wrote: fido is terrible. i signed up. they said i could pick up a modem. no modems when i go to pick up. they want me to drive 200km to get a modem. uh no thanks, just ship it.

check your bills. i was charged $8 for the modem rental that they said was included in the price. support is terrible too. call center hangs up when you ask to speak to a manager, after the person who answers says they are a manager. it seemed so sketchy, like fido was hacked and i'm calling one of those scam call centers.
forgetpwd wrote: oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
Do the math on your bills first to be sure. Fido list the "modem rental" as a separate item but it's really just part of the monthly plan price.

e.g. a $65/month 75M plan will be shown as $8 rental + $57 whatever.
Nov 22, 2009
92 posts
65 upvotes
London
forgetpwd wrote: oh, crap, i believe you know. i haven't received my modem yet, just got my "statement" within 2 minutes after I activate my account, the numbers are all wrong, I signed up on 75M, they charged me for 150M, and modem rental which said included, now charge me $8 and mobilbe fee, i don't have any mobile phone with Fido.
it's bad. i complained and now i can't get in to my account. something weird is going on with my account.

anyone having issues with billing please complain at:
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers ... aint-form/

fido customer service is useless.
Nov 22, 2009
92 posts
65 upvotes
London
boyohboy wrote: Do the math on your bills first to be sure. Fido list the "modem rental" as a separate item but it's really just part of the monthly plan price.

That is not how it shows for me. They say the wifi modem rental is included and they also boast about all in pricing. I have a chat log where the agent tells me that the modem is included and there are no other fees. My billing shows otherwise. Agent said the final price is $37.50/month for 150 Mbps and 32.50/month for 75 Mbps, Plus taxes.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3127 posts
854 upvotes
Mars
boyohboy wrote: Do the math on your bills first to be sure. Fido list the "modem rental" as a separate item but it's really just part of the monthly plan price.

in my case, i don't need to do the simple math, i just looked at the final number, which is 53.XX (including tax), while the plan I signed up for is 75M for 32.5, even with the tax, it can NOT be 53.XX. even with 150M, the wrong plan Fido put me on, which is 37.5, adding tax on that, the number still far off.

after I took a closer look, Fido did not in any way refund me that 8 monthly modem rental.

well, after 30 mins time-wasting call, the rep said "sorry, it's just system tech problem. forget that statement, you will get a new statement" and she SAID she now put me on the RIGHT plan.

let's just see.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3127 posts
854 upvotes
Mars
gatewaysucks wrote: it's bad. i complained and now i can't get in to my account. something weird is going on with my account.

anyone having issues with billing please complain at:

fido customer service is useless.
i've bookmarked your link. I have a gut feeling I will use it down the road.

Anything could go wrong would go wrong. And I have NOT received my modem yet, BUT already had my first bill WRONG!

i will switch back to Rogers after couple of months if there will be a deal then.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2715 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
Any of you guys get a free tablet along with the $100 gc? Seem I was eligible for both :) Gotta love the fido backend.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9170 posts
3993 upvotes
Toronto
TDotHacker wrote: Any of you guys get a free tablet along with the $100 gc? Seem I was eligible for both :) Gotta love the fido backend.
how'd you get the tablet? instore?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2715 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
I just received it today from Purolator. Ordered via chat during bf.
Mar 28, 2011
834 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Surprised they are sending me a CODA4582U for the 75mb service

Thought they would give me a CG model (flat rectangle box)

Giving up my gb Rogers service which also uses CODA that they won’t renew for $30 when it expires next month for this Fido $32.50

Good thing I only stream and not download intensively anymore so 75mb is more than enough

Maybe Rogers will call me back with a win back lol
Aug 7, 2010
265 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
how long does it typically take to activate the line?
receive the modem?
Sep 27, 2008
41 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
For those of you who got the free tablet, do you have a data only phone line saying it's $15 a month? The confirmation email also says that. Is this wrong? I thought it's free?
Jan 26, 2012
102 posts
77 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hi everyone, so I'm in the process of making a complaint with the CCTS and I would encourage everyone else having problems to do the same.

On black friday I signed up for Fido internet, a mobile plan, and got the free tablet with 4gb data for two years. These were the fees I was expecting:

Internet: $75 - 50% off (37.50) + tax = $42.375 per month
Mobile phone plan: $20 per month + $35 activation fee, but I was given a $75 bill credit to cover the activation + first two months of service = $0
Tablet: $0 for monthly data plan, $0 for tablet, $35 activation fee waived = $0.

In total, for the first two months atleast, my bill should be $42.38 after tax. Instead my first bill was $161 in total. What a joke hahaha. As soon as I told the fido rep I've made a complaint with the CCTS he asked me to reconsider making a complaint and that his superiors would be calling me tomorrow to rectify the situation. I told him you do what you need to do but I'll make sure it gets rectified one way or the other and hopefully after this complaint, it's the last time they mess around with my bill.