Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido: Iphone XS 64GB for $52 CAD (after discount & credit) with medium plan

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2020 10:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes

[Fido] Fido: Iphone XS 64GB for $52 CAD (after discount & credit) with medium plan

First time posting here, so please keep that in mind.

Fido currently has $168 CAD bill credit (applied to second or third bill) on many phones purchased with a new plan.

A few phones (but defintely not all) have pretty attractive prices with this discount.

One of them is the Iphone XS 64GB (grey only) for $220 upfront, and no tab, when purchased with a new medium plan for 24-months, such as 1GB data & unlimited canada-wide minutes for $60/month (or 4GB for $70/month).

The full price on their website is $1285 and there is a $1065 discount (with a medium plan), so you only pay $220 upfront, but you get a $168 credit on the second or third bill.
It's also possible to choose a SMALL plan (which costs $5 less per month for 24 months) and pay $340 upfront, which works out to be the same overall price.

Full disclosure, I noticed that other providers such as Koodo and Virgin are also now offering $168 credit for new phones, but I haven't seen an offer as good as this one.

Enjoy !
Last edited by xt8673526 on Feb 4th, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Oct 19, 2019
230 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Terrible company. Im planning to leave after paying off my balance. Extremely hard to negotiate and always have to threaten to cancel/port out to receive some decent deals. Customer services are also very annoying and entitled.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes
ok, but then again who else is offering a $1065 discount plus $168 credit on a new Iphone ?
Oct 19, 2019
230 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
xt8673526 wrote: ok, but then again who else is offering a $1065 discount plus $168 credit on a new Iphone ?
It was the same with koodo a month back. They also have $168 bill credit and $220 up front for medium tab. Plus their plans are much more competitive and way easier to negotiate.

Also, have you looked at the plans they offer on their medium tab? I'm seeing the lowest is 1gb of data for $60. Would you take that ever?
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes
There is no tab here. If you cancel, you only pay a the pro-rated discount (which is $1065) back (so the cancellation fee after one year is $532.5).
The $168 credit, I don't think you would need to return.
Mar 6, 2010
113 posts
93 upvotes
catlover1299 wrote: Terrible company. Im planning to leave after paying off my balance. Extremely hard to negotiate and always have to threaten to cancel/port out to receive some decent deals. Customer services are also very annoying and entitled.
Don't take this the wrong way, but are you complaining that Fido('s customer service) is very annoying and entitled because they won't give you freebies?
Aug 31, 2014
493 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xt8673526 wrote: There is no tab here. If you cancel, you only pay a the pro-rated discount (which is $1065) back (so the cancellation fee after one year is $532.5).
The $168 credit, I don't think you would need to return.
So its a tab with by a different name.
Oct 19, 2019
230 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
guardiangod wrote: Don't take this the wrong way, but are you complaining that Fido('s customer service) is very annoying and entitled because they won't give you freebies?
What kind of freebies? I asked for a plan to match competition and they were never able to do so to a loyal customer. I'm also talking about the attitude of their reps when talking to customers. Look at the Fido retention threads. Many people had to actually port out to be able to get the offer they want. Coincidence much?
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes
Fido/Rogers has eSim support which works with the Iphone XS, as well as wifi calling abroad without roaming charges.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: So its a tab with by a different name.
umm... show me a cellular company that would sell you a phone with a big discount, and let you cancel immediately without any charges ? *Newsflash* you can't just get an iphone for $52 !!!!

Any no, a discount is not really a tab, because a tab is something you have to pay (even if you don't cancel)
Last edited by xt8673526 on Feb 4th, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2014
493 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xt8673526 wrote: umm... show me a cellular company that would sell you a phone with a big discount, and let you cancel immediately without any charges ? *Newsflash* you can't just get an iphone for $52 !!!!
Show me where I said they would.

I was just pointing out the fact that you can call this a tab, a discount, etc. At the end of the day if you cancel and you pay a pro-rated balance on the phone it is the same thing.
Mar 19, 2019
31 posts
23 upvotes
Quebec
such as 1GB data & unlimited canada-wide minutes for $60/month (or 4GB for $70/month)
I tought we were getting it, but you guys in Ontario are getting it DEEP.
Virgin 25$ 5GB Unlimited / Videotron 68$ 15GB CAN-US Unlimited
[OP]
Sep 11, 2019
54 posts
22 upvotes
Growingupisold wrote: Show me where I said they would.

I was just pointing out the fact that you can call this a tab, a discount, etc. At the end of the day if you cancel and you pay a pro-rated balance on the phone it is the same thing.
Ummm no, a discount is not really a tab, because a tab is something you have to pay (even if you don't cancel)