Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Mobile Internet Flex data Plan 15$/ Month upto 3GB Data only plan

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 6:39 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
just wanted to say thanks op. went to costco and got this done today.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
Humpa wrote: voip.ms still charging in USD right? Had their service years ago before switching to fido home phone. Also, gf wants to ditch her old bell thunder bay plan ($48/month 6gb unl. everything else) and get this with voip, yay or nay? She uses on average 1.5gb a month and less than 50 mins talk time, mostly through viber.
Ask her to use voipms+hangouts for awhile may be even just to talk to you, if it works ok then ditch TBay plan.
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
Humpa wrote:
Vasilyke wrote: I just tried to ask Live chat to block all my calls and outgoing texts but NOT incoming and the rep said that they couldnt do it. If I did incoming calls then incoming texts would be blocked as well.
Are you on Android? You could disable "Phone" app. That might work.
I am on Android. Woudlnt do that. But what I dont get is how it worked for others in this thread. Should I just try a different rep?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
Humpa wrote:voip.ms still charging in USD right? Had their service years ago before switching to fido home phone. Also, gf wants to ditch her old bell thunder bay plan ($48/month 6gb unl. everything else) and get this with voip, yay or nay? She uses on average 1.5gb a month and less than 50 mins talk time, mostly through viber.
Voip.ms USD

Tbaytel Prepaid HSPA+ $10.42/month 1.67GB ($125 20GB 1 Year)
20 cents/min incoming
40 cents/min outgoing

Fido Flex Data Plan LTE $15/month 3GB
$1/min
Last edited by Kursor17 on Sep 1st, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious, can't you just check your fongo sms history to see whether those sms actually came from short codes? Or did you delete them all?

Also, where do you even go to see your sms messages in fongo if you aren't subscribed to sms? I don't see any sms page to see incoming sms (that are free on the free fongo plan)
soljah12 wrote:
fightbriz wrote: Sorry, can you explain what you were disagreeing with? Are you saying that you didn't subscribe to the $9.99/6months sms plan and use 2 step authentication (which the messages come from short codes, not a full phone number, can you double check that not only are you receiving the verification code, but that it really comes from a short code?) and are able to receive these short code messages just fine? The thing is, you said it works for google and Microsoft, but how about twitter, uber, paypal, etc?

soljah12 wrote:

I have to disagree. I have been using Fongo since it was Dell Voice. I have a bunch of Fongo numbers including one that I ported my old Ontario cell number to when I started using my Manitoba plan quite some time ago. I use Fongo for two step authentication and it works just fine at least for Google and Microsoft.
I'm going to assume they are short codes as they are the same that I get when using my real phone number from Google and Microsoft. The same messages appear on my cell plan as something like "other messages" and are not included in my unlimited messaging plan. I believe them to be short code messages but I could be wrong. I don't use it for other services so I can't comment on the other ones you mentioned, sorry. This was all on the free plan.
Oct 19, 2012
250 posts
126 upvotes
Burlington
fightbriz wrote: Just curious, can't you just check your fongo sms history to see whether those sms actually came from short codes? Or did you delete them all?

Also, where do you even go to see your sms messages in fongo if you aren't subscribed to sms? I don't see any sms page to see incoming sms (that are free on the free fongo plan)
soljah12 wrote:
fightbriz wrote: Sorry, can you explain what you were disagreeing with? Are you saying that you didn't subscribe to the $9.99/6months sms plan and use 2 step authentication (which the messages come from short codes, not a full phone number, can you double check that not only are you receiving the verification code, but that it really comes from a short code?) and are able to receive these short code messages just fine? The thing is, you said it works for google and Microsoft, but how about twitter, uber, paypal, etc?

I'm going to assume they are short codes as they are the same that I get when using my real phone number from Google and Microsoft. The same messages appear on my cell plan as something like "other messages" and are not included in my unlimited messaging plan. I believe them to be short code messages but I could be wrong. I don't use it for other services so I can't comment on the other ones you mentioned, sorry. This was all on the free plan.
Yeah, you just login to Fongo and then go to "Messages" and that's where SMS/MMS are located. Also, it does keep a history but I usually delete messages after reading them in Fongo, same thing with the Fongo voicemails because I have Fongo automatically send me an email with an MP3 recording as an attachment. Also, I just went back to using my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon and returned my Axon 7 this week so I don't have anything in the Fongo app now. Like I said, I've been using Fongo for years ever since it first started as Dell Voice and have only had one issue for a period of a few months where the call forwarding wasn't working properly. Aside from the period of time with that specific issue, all else has been great and it's free!
Current Cell Plan
Rogers: 100GB CAN/USA Infinite 2022 BF Deal ($55 + tax)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
soljah12 wrote:
fightbriz wrote: Just curious, can't you just check your fongo sms history to see whether those sms actually came from short codes? Or did you delete them all?

soljah12 wrote: I'm going to assume they are short codes as they are the same that I get when using my real phone number from Google and Microsoft. The same messages appear on my cell plan as something like "other messages" and are not included in my unlimited messaging plan. I believe them to be short code messages but I could be wrong. I don't use it for other services so I can't comment on the other ones you mentioned, sorry. This was all on the free plan.
Yeah, you just login to Fongo and then go to "Messages" and that's where SMS/MMS are located. Also, it does keep a history but I usually delete messages after reading them in Fongo, same thing with the Fongo voicemails because I have Fongo automatically send me an email with an MP3 recording as an attachment. Also, I just went back to using my Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon and returned my Axon 7 this week so I don't have anything in the Fongo app now. Like I said, I've been using Fongo for years ever since it first started as Dell Voice and have only had one issue for a period of a few months where the call forwarding wasn't working properly. Aside from the period of time with that specific issue, all else has been great and it's free!
Don't log out of Fongo. Dell voice credentials no longer work to sign in to Fongo anymore.

Unless you have a way around this, don't sign out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
so testing on my Lumia and SMS texting works with Textme and TextNow apps. Was trying to make calls with Text now but cant dial out but I was able to receive incoming.
😃
Dec 11, 2004
214 posts
23 upvotes
Anyone know if this data plan is province wide or nation wide?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
believeit wrote: Anyone know if this data plan is province wide or nation wide?
nation wide
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
Vasilyke wrote:
Humpa wrote:
Vasilyke wrote: I just tried to ask Live chat to block all my calls and outgoing texts but NOT incoming and the rep said that they couldnt do it. If I did incoming calls then incoming texts would be blocked as well.
Are you on Android? You could disable "Phone" app. That might work.
I am on Android. Woudlnt do that. But what I dont get is how it worked for others in this thread. Should I just try a different rep?
I actually chatted with another one that said the same thing. They couldnt leave unblocked only incoming texts. I told him to block everything. As he went to do the process he found that it actually can happen. So I now have everything blocked except for incoming texts. They really are clueless..
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
believeit wrote:Anyone know if this data plan is province wide or nation wide?
Data (like texting) is Nationwide for all carriers.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
Called and won't waive the fee for sim
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
casperr wrote: Called and won't waive the fee for sim
Did you try a Fido store? No charge for me there.
Feb 14, 2002
426 posts
88 upvotes
I just talked to fido live chat and they said I need a wireless postpaid plan in order to add this tablet plan? Is this true? I was a fido customer but ported out a few months ago.
Oct 11, 2012
176 posts
26 upvotes
KELOWNA
chileung wrote: I just talked to fido live chat and they said I need a wireless postpaid plan in order to add this tablet plan? Is this true? I was a fido customer but ported out a few months ago.
Definitely not true, sounds like people are finding it easier to go into a FIDo store - if you do that take a referral code with you.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
Oaccurescry wrote: Any reliable voip & text providers out there?

On week 3 of Fongo and I love it. Others here aren't thrilled, but i have an iPhone and it seems to be more reliable on that platform.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
Nice deal, but I have tried a month with a data-only plan. Found out that I still want reliable phone calls and SMS abilities.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
sneakerfan wrote: Nice deal, but I have tried a month with a data-only plan. Found out that I still want reliable phone calls and SMS abilities.
To sum up the 57 pages of this thread, with cellular you can have any two: cheap, reliable or convenient, but not all three at the same time.

Cheap + reliable = voipms + Hangouts (but not convenient)
Cheap + convenient = fongo (but not reliable)
Reliable + convenient = dual sim or proper cell plan (but not cheap)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)