Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido Winback $0 (talk and text) for two years -- YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 3:47 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener

[Fido] Fido Winback $0 (talk and text) for two years -- YMMV

During the Black Friday sale, I ported from Fido to Freedom for the $99 per year talk and text. One week later, Fido (855-343-6949) offered me a winback plan.

Plan
Monthly Fee Talk & Text Plan - BYOP $20.00 (Free until December 2022)
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers
Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes
Call Display
Voicemail
Call Waiting
Conference Call

The $45 Setup Service Fee is also waived.

I can cancel and change to other plans at any time, no contracts.
16 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
3162 posts
3335 upvotes
Toronto, ON
title says $0.

Edit: NVM .. it is somehow free
Last edited by carmageddon on Dec 8th, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2489 posts
3503 upvotes
GTA
liuj69 wrote: Monthly Fee Talk & Text Plan - BYOP $20.00 (Free until December 2022)
carmageddon wrote: title says $0
Looks like it's a $20 credit for 2 years, so $0 for 24 months. This (if you can get it for $0) and Fido's 4GB tablet plan sounds like a great option for people with dual SIM phones. Not sure if Fido allows eSIM for one of those.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2409 posts
2017 upvotes
Markham
carmageddon wrote: title says $0
Free until December 2022 - isnt that mean $0?
Last edited by kunamvahees on Dec 8th, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
3162 posts
3335 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kunamvahees wrote: Free until December 2022 - isnt that meat $0?
Oh .. damn. You're right. Free sounded too good to be true.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1789 posts
1696 upvotes
I find it funny that people are giving him crap when they just didn't understand what he had clearly stated :P
Newbie
Jul 25, 2011
71 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver
carmageddon wrote: Oh .. damn. You're right. Free sounded too good to be true.
Agreed. What’s the point of winning back customers for 0$? Unless they plan feeding the sheep some time and then harvest the meat one day.
Newbie
May 7, 2017
50 posts
100 upvotes
Competition Bureau>Preadatory Pricing
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener
akelux wrote: Agreed. What’s the point of winning back customers for 0$? Unless they plan feeding the sheep some time and then harvest the meat one day.
Maybe they assumed I will sign a new phone later with them? In the past few years, I signed three phones with them.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1184 posts
844 upvotes
QuinteWest
eal426 wrote: Competition Bureau>Preadatory Pricing
The competition bureau wanted cheaper pricing. What would the beef be ?
Sr. Member
May 14, 2018
640 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Paulie1RFD wrote: The competition bureau wanted cheaper pricing. What would the beef be ?
I think there is no way to get new line with this option!
Newbie
Dec 8, 2020
5 posts
9 upvotes
Hello! Do you remember how much time you was with Fido before? Thx.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener
Montroyal wrote: Hello! Do you remember how much time you was with Fido before? Thx.
I was with Rogers for 2 years (signed a phone), then a few months with Virgin, then with Fido for 5~6 years.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2374 posts
762 upvotes
Mississauga
liuj69 wrote: During the Black Friday sale, I ported from Fido to Freedom for the $99 per year talk and text. One week later, Fido (855-343-6949) offered me a winback plan.

Plan
Monthly Fee Talk & Text Plan - BYOP $20.00 (Free until December 2022)
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and International Mobile Numbers
Unlimited Canada-Wide Minutes
Call Display
Voicemail
Call Waiting
Conference Call

The $45 Setup Service Fee is also waived.

I can cancel and change to other plans at any time, no contracts.
So what did you do OP, even i ported out from Fido (actually $20 chatr migration plan) to Freedom $99/yrs plan last week and received an email saying i will get the winback team call (so far nothing yet but may be i might have missed due to these spam calls).

The point is porting back to Fido from Freedom mean you are going to loose $99+taxes+activation fee as they are not going to refund the unused portion itseems.

I am about to port out one more line from Fido (waiting for the freedom sim in mail) but this post making me to wait and see if Fido can give this deal to my other line as well.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener
mkannuri wrote: So what did you do OP, even i ported out from Fido (actually $20 chatr migration plan) to Freedom $99/yrs plan last week and received an email saying i will get the winback team call (so far nothing yet but may be i might have missed due to these spam calls).

The point is porting back to Fido from Freedom mean you are going to loose $99+taxes+activation fee as they are not going to refund the unused portion itseems.

I am about to port out one more line from Fido (waiting for the freedom sim in mail) but this post making me to wait and see if Fido can give this deal to my other line as well.
Yes, I will lose the $99+taxes+activation fee (about 110 in total), but I do not need to pay on the second year (December 2021-December 2022). Still worth it for me I think.

Maybe you can call 855-343-6949 to ask for the winback. I read it from somewhere and you can leave a message then someone will call you later.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2374 posts
762 upvotes
Mississauga
liuj69 wrote: Yes, I will lose the $99+taxes+activation fee (about 110 in total), but I do not need to pay on the second year (December 2021-December 2022). Still worth it for me I think.

Maybe you can call 855-343-6949 to ask for the winback. I read it from somewhere and you can leave a message then someone will call you later.
Thanks..but no luck.. its getting disconnected every time we call.. may be this is out going number only..

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)