Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Winback offer - $50, 15gb, $200 bill credit, Samsung S10+, $25/month $0 down payment, YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 2:47 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 2, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Fido] Fido Winback offer - $50, 15gb, $200 bill credit, Samsung S10+, $25/month $0 down payment, YMMV

We have two lines with Fido and have been with them for like 11 years but I called loyalty to match the data deals that were being offered by Freedom Mobile or Koodo and they would not so I cancelled the remainder of the phone contract which was like $200 and ported to Freedom Mobile on the $55 20gb Bring Your Own Device plan.

The very next day after porting out I got a email in the morning that a Fido Ambassador would be calling with a offer. A hour or so after that Fido calls with the phone number 1844-836-5948 and offers 15gbs along with the 5 free hours of data, unlimited Canada-Wide calling, unlimited text, picture, and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international mobile numbers, call display, data overage protection, voice mail, call waiting, and conference call.

I asked her if I could get the Samsung S10+ 128gb with the same offer and she said yes.

Seems like a fantastic deal as you get the Samsung S10+ for like half price and 15gbs for $50 beats the 9gb for $50 that they have been advertising.
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 17th, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
17 replies
Member
Oct 9, 2013
373 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
For 33 u can have s20+ and plan was 34 a month with 11 gigs
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 2, 2014
4 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hello, that is a amazing deal for the Samsung S20+, it seems there is a $280 or so dollars down payment though. Could you please elaborate with further details about how you got that plan? Was it a Winback offer?

Have a great night.
Newbie
Sep 24, 2019
22 posts
9 upvotes
amb0171 wrote: For 33 u can have s20+ and plan was 34 a month with 11 gigs
Where did you find that? Any details?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
153 posts
92 upvotes
amb0171 wrote: For 33 u can have s20+ and plan was 34 a month with 11 gigs
Any down payment?
Member
Jun 24, 2015
207 posts
169 upvotes
gimmedacash wrote: Where did you find that? Any details?
I believe that's like port from freedom and for the 2nd line, not for everyone.
The deal from OP is not bad at all.
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
149 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I’m currently on Telus $45 25GB

I contacted the Fido winback department today.
The current winback offer for ON is same as OP posted

$50 15GB with $200 Credit

The agent will contact me after iPhone 12 Pro in the system.
Member
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton
Rakeshdutt wrote: We have two lines with Fido and have been with them for like 11 years but I called loyalty to match the data deals that were being offered by Freedom Mobile or Koodo and they would not so I cancelled the remainder of the phone contract which was like $200 and ported to Freedom Mobile on the $55 20gb Bring Your Own Device plan.

The very next day after porting out I got a email in the morning that a Fido Ambassador would be calling with a offer. A hour or so after that Fido calls with the phone number 1844-836-5948 and offers 15gbs along with the 5 free hours of data, unlimited Canada-Wide calling, unlimited text, picture, and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international mobile numbers, call display, data overage protection, voice mail, call waiting, and conference call.

I asked her if I could get the Samsung S10+ 128gb with the same offer and she said yes.

Seems like a fantastic deal as you get the Samsung S10+ for like half price and 15gbs for $50 beats the 9gb for $50 that they have been advertising.
Since you were going back from freedom you could have had 11 off for 24 months? Or $39 for 9gigs and 2md line $34 for 11g
Ofcourse whether or not you can get $200 credits for phone is unsure. They are aso advertising $135 credits as well.
Newbie
Aug 29, 2011
76 posts
18 upvotes
are rogers and fido winbacks interchangeable in the same way as koodo/telus?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2006
1364 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
drumcode wrote: I’m currently on Telus $45 25GB

I contacted the Fido winback department today.
The current winback offer for ON is same as OP posted

$50 15GB with $200 Credit

The agent will contact me after iPhone 12 Pro in the system.
You just randomly called Fido and they offered it?
Member since 2006

Koodo- $40/8gb
Curren phone: Samsung S9
Member
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton
drumcode wrote: I’m currently on Telus $45 25GB

I contacted the Fido winback department today.
The current winback offer for ON is same as OP posted

$50 15GB with $200 Credit

The agent will contact me after iPhone 12 Pro in the system.
Just curious. Are you even planning to go back leaving the Telus plan.!
Member
Feb 29, 2012
384 posts
124 upvotes
docshah wrote: Just curious. Are you even planning to go back leaving the Telus plan.!
Especially considering there are no discounts on the iphone 12 yet
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
149 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
keljai wrote: You just randomly called Fido and they offered it?
No, I missed the call from retention (thought it was winback) after I left the network. When I called back assuming winback they gave me the winback # and they had my information on the list and offered it to me.
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
149 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
docshah wrote: Just curious. Are you even planning to go back leaving the Telus plan.!
most likely not since this Telus $45 25GB is a GOAT plan (at least in Canada) so far... since the device discount is pretty much gone and I’d lose 10GB with a $5 increase they better offer way more bill credits to win me backFace With Tears Of Joy

I’m just trying to give updated information for other RFDers who are interested in getting a new iPhone🙏🏻
Member
Aug 30, 2018
378 posts
161 upvotes
Brampton
drumcode wrote: most likely not since this Telus $45 25GB is a GOAT plan (at least in Canada) so far... since the device discount is pretty much gone and I’d lose 10GB with a $5 increase they better offer way more bill credits to win me backFace With Tears Of Joy

I’m just trying to give updated information for other RFDers who are interested in getting a new iPhone🙏🏻
LoL. I understand.
I was just going to offer you the option of getting me on the Telus plan. Maybe an account transfer thing. Coz I'm still sore about having missed out on that one. Lolz.

But keep us posted. Maybe Fido can give you $45 25Gb plus device credits :)

Top