Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Fido Xtra - free Quiznos 6" sub starting today

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2019 2:25 am
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11277 upvotes
microwsoftcanada wrote: Rude dishonest service with poor hygiene! Went to this downtown Quiznos location at 33 Yonge St. Asked for a 6" black angus sub, it was made without gloves until I requested that the older woman please use gloves, went to pay, and pulled out my Fido free 6" sub coupon (states any 6" sub no purchase necessary) and the older man told me that the coupon is only for classic sub (cheapest)... I showed him the terms of conditions in the coupon but he rudely refused, and told me he was following the area manager's directions so I asked if I could speak with him/her but he told me that he was not available so I asked for his contact information and he said he didn't have it. So, they made me another sub, which he told the older woman to cut down to 4"... and to put only one slice of meat and one slice of cheese and one tomato slice... I took a picture which I will post here. I went to use the coupon and he told me I had to purchase something, again, I showed him the terms and conditions and he refused, so I bought a cookie for $1.39. He then told me that I needed to redeem the coupon so he could scan the code but cautioned me that it may not work, that it depends on whether or not his machine accepts the code. I told him that there is no reason why the machine wouldn't accept the code and that once I clicked the redeem button i wouldn't be able to use the coupon again even if his machine didn't accept it and he told me the coupon would still be valid for me to use anywhere on another day if his machine didn't accept it, so I clicked redeem and got a pop up message that now my coupon was considered redeemed and would not work anymore! The older man scanned it, and told me his machine was not accepting it, so I insisted and stayed there and went to the side so I could see his screen and he showed me a message saying coupon not valid, but I insisted and he did it a different way which worked right away. The sub was basically bread and 4" and I had to purchase something. My friend joined me and tried the same but this time the man insisted that her coupon was not valid, so I stepped in and made sure it finally also worked. Her was very bad and she told me the young boy who made it wasn't wearing any gloves. her sub was even worse than mine, I also took a picture that I will post here. I asked the older man why he was not honouring the coupons like this and he told me he is the owner and doesn't get even $0.01 from quiznos or Fido for these free subs, that he has given 200 subs away this month, and that his rent is $8000 a month and that is why quiznos are all closing. Anyway, not worth jt for 4" of basically bread that costs at least $1.57 with tax! My friend said she will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with Quiznos Head Office. I have friends that used their coupons at the two Hamilton Quiznos locations and got free 6" black angus and chicken carbonara, overstuffed, no purchase, no hassle, friendly service... they sent me pictures. But this downtown location 33 Yonge st Quiznos needs to be closed down for hygiene and dishonesty!!
Honestly, after the demand for the cookie I would have walked out. The dude didn't deserve a single cent from you.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
microwsoftcanada wrote: Rude dishonest service with poor hygiene! Went to this downtown Quiznos location at 33 Yonge St. Asked for a 6" black angus sub, it was made without gloves until I requested that the older woman please use gloves, went to pay, and pulled out my Fido free 6" sub coupon (states any 6" sub no purchase necessary) and the older man told me that the coupon is only for classic sub (cheapest)... I showed him the terms of conditions in the coupon but he rudely refused, and told me he was following the area manager's directions so I asked if I could speak with him/her but he told me that he was not available so I asked for his contact information and he said he didn't have it. So, they made me another sub, which he told the older woman to cut down to 4"... and to put only one slice of meat and one slice of cheese and one tomato slice... I took a picture which I will post here. I went to use the coupon and he told me I had to purchase something, again, I showed him the terms and conditions and he refused, so I bought a cookie for $1.39. He then told me that I needed to redeem the coupon so he could scan the code but cautioned me that it may not work, that it depends on whether or not his machine accepts the code. I told him that there is no reason why the machine wouldn't accept the code and that once I clicked the redeem button i wouldn't be able to use the coupon again even if his machine didn't accept it and he told me the coupon would still be valid for me to use anywhere on another day if his machine didn't accept it, so I clicked redeem and got a pop up message that now my coupon was considered redeemed and would not work anymore! The older man scanned it, and told me his machine was not accepting it, so I insisted and stayed there and went to the side so I could see his screen and he showed me a message saying coupon not valid, but I insisted and he did it a different way which worked right away. The sub was basically bread and 4" and I had to purchase something. My friend joined me and tried the same but this time the man insisted that her coupon was not valid, so I stepped in and made sure it finally also worked. Her was very bad and she told me the young boy who made it wasn't wearing any gloves. her sub was even worse than mine, I also took a picture that I will post here. I asked the older man why he was not honouring the coupons like this and he told me he is the owner and doesn't get even $0.01 from quiznos or Fido for these free subs, that he has given 200 subs away this month, and that his rent is $8000 a month and that is why quiznos are all closing. Anyway, not worth jt for 4" of basically bread that costs at least $1.57 with tax! My friend said she will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with Quiznos Head Office. I have friends that used their coupons at the two Hamilton Quiznos locations and got free 6" black angus and chicken carbonara, overstuffed, no purchase, no hassle, friendly service... they sent me pictures. But this downtown location 33 Yonge st Quiznos needs to be closed down for hygiene and dishonesty!!
And I thought I was the only one that got a very short 4” ham only sub instead of a 6”, said that was the only type that they can give free for this offer, I wanted to try black angus....oh well, lunch time is too short, can’t complain when you don’t have the time
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
I wasn't forced to buy anything before i could use the fido offer, but they only gave me 1 slice of meat. I kinda thought I was being shafted, but it was free i guess.

I really wonder if it's true the store is not reimbursed by head office though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
Got a great 9 inch for 2$ at Crowfoot Calgary.
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot to mention that the LCD screen at the cash register, facing the customer, had alternating ads, one of which was for a free 6” sub when you download the quiznos app. I showed the owner and he came out from behind the counter to look at it in disbelief, but I don’t believe him because it was the same disbelief he feigned when he pretended that the codes weren’t working, lol. Here is a picture I did NOT take of the ad on the LCD screen but from another Quiznos location as I didn’t take a picture of the ad at the location I went to (33 Yonge Street in Toronto). Also the owner told me he is the only quiznos offering a $5 chicken carbonera 9” sub, but I told him that I happen to know that the two quiznos in Hamilton also offer that because my friends told me about it. I couldn’t help but notice how seemingly embarrassed the young boy was, throughout the whole ordeal. maybe that is his son or nephew. He would have been better off to be honest and direct and just put up a sign stating his franchise is not participating like this picture that someone else posted of another location.
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Here are the pics of my and my friend’s pathetic 1 slice meat 1 slice cheese 4” subs at $1.57 each at 33 Yonge street Toronto Quiznos that we got with our Fido free (no purchase necessary) any kind 6” sub coupon. A rip off, rude and unhygienic!
Images
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1834 posts
2708 upvotes
Other Side of Tracks
I have a coupon but not gonna use it

Looks like owners have been unfairly treated!

I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
l1197493 wrote: I have a coupon but not gonna use it

Looks like owners have been unfairly treated!

This is barbaric, explains a lot. Will not be redeeming my coupon. Feel so bad for the owners.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2637 posts
2979 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I claimed two of these vouchers through the Fido app, with plans of using them not too long after. Only after I loaded them into the app did I realise that no Quiznos in my city, and the town over. OK, not a big deal. Next time I am out that way.

After reading all these issues, I'm not going to use these. I don't want the hassle, and if the store I go to happens to accept it without problem, I now feel bad that they get no compensation for it.

This is a major blunder for Quiznos head office.
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
After being lied to and tricked, I’m not certain the information about the cost of rent or about not getting any money from Head office for coupons is credible. Clearly, however, Quiznos has been and still is having issues... but, as a customer, the issue is not the Head office or the success of a franchise, but the hygiene of food, the quality of service, advertised deals/prices being honoured, and being able to trust a business rather than being lied to by someone so blatantly dishonest. I suppose there could always be a number of justifications for wrong doing towards customers, but should there be and is there really any? That franchise should just put a sign up saying they are not participating in offers from Head office, if allowed in their franchise contract, or honour the advertised deals as advertised. If the business is not lucrative, perhaps they need to find an alternate business but not direct their frustration at unsuspecting customers who really just want a reasonable product/service as advertised.
PriceHunter wrote: This is barbaric, explains a lot. Will not be redeeming my coupon. Feel so bad for the owners.
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
As I mentioned, the two (2) quiznos in Hamilton honoured my friends’ two (2) Fido coupons with quality product/service and a smile and many other Quiznos locations in this forum as well... the issue seems to be in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
MegaSilver wrote: I claimed two of these vouchers through the Fido app, with plans of using them not too long after. Only after I loaded them into the app did I realise that no Quiznos in my city, and the town over. OK, not a big deal. Next time I am out that way.

After reading all these issues, I'm not going to use these. I don't want the hassle, and if the store I go to happens to accept it without problem, I now feel bad that they get no compensation for it.

This is a major blunder for Quiznos head office.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
microwsoftcanada wrote: After being lied to and tricked, I’m not certain the information about the cost of rent or about not getting any money from Head office for coupons is credible. Clearly, however, Quiznos has been and still is having issues... but, as a customer, the issue is not the Head office or the success of a franchise, but the hygiene of food, the quality of service, advertised deals/prices being honoured, and being able to trust a business rather than being lied to by someone so blatantly dishonest. I suppose there could always be a number of justifications for wrong doing towards customers, but should there be and is there really any? That franchise should just put a sign up saying they are not participating in offers from Head office, if allowed in their franchise contract, or honour the advertised deals as advertised. If the business is not lucrative, perhaps they need to find an alternate business but not direct their frustration at unsuspecting customers who really just want a reasonable product/service as advertised.
All your points are valid, but the reason being is that they are trying to survive on a contract that we don't know details of. All we see is disgruntled owners refusing to serve you your free sub, on the other hand, you don't know the stress they are going through being stuck where they are, trying to cut as much corners as they can to save on cost. You can't come out and say its the franchise owner's fault, put your self in his shoe, and think of the owner that took his own life due to the stress that mounted on him. If 1000 customers come in for free subs, and you are already struggling to keep the light on, what would you do? Would you serve a smile every time someone shows a coupon, you might for the first two, but not the 998 customers after that. You don't know if they are allowed to put the sign of "Not participating", some might do risking challenging their contract with Quiznos, but others might not.

Note: For the people asking me to give them my code, I chose not to use it to try and save them at least my cost, not giving you my coupon to use it which is opposite to the point i am trying to make.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Quiznos missed their marketing ad.

It gave the possibility to people to try their product. With that service. Pretty sure people will not come back.

I feel bad for owners, but that's part of the deal when you become a franchisee
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Honestly, your points are also valid and I do empathize with others’ struggles, as you obviously do, and I wouldn’t criticize you for that, in fact, I commend you for that but... I still believe that a business’ bottom line is not and cannot be customers’ responsibility... and I think this specific thread and RedFlagDeals in general is primarily to the advantage of customers’ bottom line at the expense of businesses’ bottom line... and I suspect that most deals on here are not in the best interest of businesses owners and that many businesses also attempt to avoid/minimize the redflagdeals effect and many of the posts on RFD forums relate to how customers can succeed in getting a/the deal in spite of the businesses’ attempts to discourage it or be against it. In my opinion, it is the franchiser who should share the blunt/challenges of the franchisee’s frustration, not customers.
PriceHunter wrote: All your points are valid, but the reason being is that they are trying to survive on a contract that we don't know details of. All we see is disgruntled owners refusing to serve you your free sub, on the other hand, you don't know the stress they are going through being stuck where they are, trying to cut as much corners as they can to save on cost. You can't come out and say its the franchise owner's fault, put your self in his shoe, and think of the owner that took his own life due to the stress that mounted on him. If 1000 customers come in for free subs, and you are already struggling to keep the light on, what would you do? Would you serve a smile every time someone shows a coupon, you might for the first two, but not the 998 customers after that. You don't know if they are allowed to put the sign of "Not participating", some might do risking challenging their contract with Quiznos, but others might not.

Note: For the people asking me to give them my code, I chose not to use it to try and save them at least my cost, not giving you my coupon to use it which is opposite to the point i am trying to make.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
My QR code / numerical code didn't work at 33 Yonge Street in Toronto and expiration was end of day yesterday.

The nice employee said the codes weren't valid and he did punch in a sandwich to check the code out. He tried the QR code and manually entering the code twice.

I didn't bother after thanking him for trying.
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Coupon expiry is end of day (11:59pm) tomorrow Thursday February 28, as has been stated by OP/others in this thread.

The not so nice man at 33 Yonge did the same for me and my friend until we insisted... at which point the codes magically worked.
alanbrenton wrote: My QR code / numerical code didn't work at 33 Yonge Street in Toronto and expiration was end of day yesterday.

The nice employee said the codes weren't valid and he did punch in a sandwich to check the code out. He tried the QR code and manually entering the code twice.

I didn't bother after thanking him for trying.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
microwsoftcanada wrote: Coupon expiry is end of day (11:59pm) tomorrow Thursday February 28, as has been stated by OP/others in this thread.

The not so nice man at 33 Yonge did the same for me and my friend until we insisted... at which point the codes magically worked.
Mine required a purchase so it was expiring on the 26th. It said so within the app.

I was not going to insist and create a scene for what is potentially a $5 savings. :)

Also, it's not like corporate won't cover this free 4" sub / marketing cost, albeit maybe a slight discount to the menu pricing.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Feb 27th, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
I have to give a thumbs up to the store on Pender st dt Vancouver. I went there more than once with code and there was no problem. At the recent two visits, I bought a 12” Angus/Carbonara sub and it was only $4. I was not getting the 6” because I also wanted the owner to earn some, and I know this promo is not fair to them and they didn’t get any rebate from Fido/Quiznos head office.

At the end, the owner said hopefully I would come back. Sure I will.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Sep 4, 2018
4 posts
I had the same experience as you had. Please let me know how to report this location.
Dec 5, 2006
134 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
CONTACT US

QUIZNOS CANADA RESTAURANT CORPORATION
223 North Service Rd. West #A-2
Oakville, Ontario
L6M 3R2

Phone: 647-259-0333
Fax: 647-259-0341

Customer Comments: 1-866-486-2783

customerfeedback@Quiznos.com

There is also comments/reviews on:

-yelp
-google maps
-RFD

As well as the better business bureau (www.bbb.org)

QUIZNOS at 33 Yonge Street in Toronto is Store #8278

There are two different coupons, this thread refers to the Fido free 6” any sub with any purchase, which is different than another coupon that is for a free 6” any sub with download if quiznos app... we tried to claim the Fido app but got neither.
HangY95013 wrote: I had the same experience as you had. Please let me know how to report this location.
Last edited by microwsoftcanada on Feb 28th, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)