Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Fido Xtra - free Quiznos 6" sub starting today

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2019 2:25 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5780 posts
5383 upvotes
smoraes wrote: nice wrapper but the peeps of rfd want to see whats inside that nice shiny wrapper and under the nice warm buns :)
Perv... :)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5755 posts
1780 upvotes
antigonah wrote: Sorry to report, apparently this was the situation at my local store. :/

DzYvAlUX4AAsBNw.jpg
NOT PATCIPATING!!
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11165 posts
6161 upvotes
Markham
repatch wrote: Sorry to hear! Honestly, I think this sort of promotion produces more bad then good. While many got their free subs with no issues, the people who DID have problems are going to be MORE vocal by far, scaring potential customers away.

Quiznos should really rethink how they run this sort of thing.
Haven't redeemed my promo code yet and I agree with you on your points.

Franchisees need to recognize they are buying a franchise and that means participating in their promotion and marketing blitzes... Does it cost them money. Yes of course but you signed into an agreement as a partner.

A lot of businesses do giveaways as a way to get customers in the door to try the product. It's the franchisees job to make the experience a good one and hope for repeats.

Ideally they should try and ask for large drink perhaps to at least break even the promo. Having said that, a lot of people do not want to pay for a drink which results in a somewhat failed promo.

The bad goodwill is the double whammy, you lose money and the future repeat customer and they talk down your product.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jan 18, 2018
313 posts
424 upvotes
antigonah wrote: Keele and Finch in Toronto! I guess at least the sign meant I didn't have to actually be told by staff to go away.
Went to the same one today (inside the Walmart right?).
Didn't notice the sign. But was told they're not participating, couldn't afford it.
Actually felt bad for the guy, left without a fight (do I have to turn in my RFD membership now?)
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1473 posts
489 upvotes
Calgary
Tried redeeming mine today for a chicken carbonara, guy told me it was only valid on daily classics? Pretty sure there was nothing in the T&C about that?
Aug 30, 2012
186 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
My nearest Quiznos recently has received lots of negative reviews. LoL
Untitled.png
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5755 posts
1780 upvotes
I forgot to load the offer into the app before February 14. Oops.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5780 posts
5383 upvotes
cmcolor wrote: My nearest Quiznos recently has received lots of negative reviews. LoL

Untitled.png
While I feel for the owners, being rude to your customers is only self harm. So those reviews? They deserve them. Their quibble is with Quiznos corporate, taking it out on the people who end up paying for your livelihood? Dumb. Stupid. Foolish.
Sep 30, 2014
134 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
Just got my free sub tonight. I could only take the classic sub, they didn't want me to take anything else. It was pretty good, I mean it was free so I can't complain. :) Thanks!
It was my first time at Quiznos. I don't really like their counter. You cannot see the condiments and stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2011
1017 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for these Quiznos stores to all close down and replace by Swiss Chalet :twisted:
Fido should be more careful when choosing partners to do these "Free" treats, Quiznos definitely giving their potential new customers a "NEVER RETURN".

That Fido Xtra freebies are great on Second Cup free medium hot drink and the Swiss Chalet free meal.
Actually that Swiss Chalet was amazing and the customer service was outstanding Smiling Face With Sunglasses
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5755 posts
1780 upvotes
repatch wrote: While I feel for the owners, being rude to your customers is only self harm. So those reviews? They deserve them. Their quibble is with Quiznos corporate, taking it out on the people who end up paying for your livelihood? Dumb. Stupid. Foolish.
Quiznos is not doing well, and the owners probably feel the pressure.

How many people actively knew where a Quiznos was? I had to google to find out. And I don’t think anyone has said he/she is a regular at Quiznos.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5780 posts
5383 upvotes
Balduno wrote: Quiznos is not doing well, and the owners probably feel the pressure.

How many people actively knew where a Quiznos was? I had to google to find out. And I don’t think anyone has said he/she is a regular at Quiznos.
Honestly I didn't even know Quiznos still existed. I used to go to them regularly roughly 10 years ago. Then my local store closed, along with a bunch of others.

Most people I've talked to about this deal KNEW Quiznos, but like me didn't think they were around anymore.

Quiznos hasn't been doing well for a long time, and this deal certainly didn't help.
Sep 22, 2018
1 posts
First time trying out a Fido Deal, but what a pain. Supposed to be a 6" sub but the Quiznos app says 4". After reading about all the hassles with this offer, I will just delete the Quiznos app from my phone and have lunch as Subway.
Images
  • Quiznos1.jpg
  • Quiznos2.jpg
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5755 posts
1780 upvotes
REDeJake wrote: First time trying out a Fido Deal, but what a pain. Supposed to be a 6" sub but the Quiznos app says 4". After reading about all the hassles with this offer, I will just delete the Quiznos app from my phone and have lunch as Subway.
You needed to claim the Fido offer in the Quiznos app before February 14.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1779 posts
384 upvotes
I remember when Quiznos first came out subway didn't have toaster ovens - you could either get your sub microwaved or eat it cold. Subway added the toaster oven and Quiznos one big advantage went bye bye. I don't see a whole lot of them around any morew