Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

[Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2021 1:30 am
Oct 21, 2014
61 posts
237 upvotes

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

mod edit: to clear up any confusion with the existing Fido promo, this offer will get you the 2-year tablet plan for free (regularly $15 month) and is stacked with the everyday offer of free tablet (Samsung tab A) with a 2-year data-only plan. So you are getting both tablet and 2 years of service for $0. It's targetted and you should find it in the Fido XTRA section of your Fido app

First time posting here , not sure I'm doing right or not.
I've been told by a friend and I actually got it today.
Fido tablet plan $15 4gb , connection fee $35, and Samsung tab A tablet....With 2 years contract...
And I walked out for free, no need to pay anything for 2 years and even Waved connection fee . ( It might credit back in second or third bill).. Not sure if it's targeted Loyalty plan or not, but I guess you can try it either online chat or in any fido store.
Good luck !!Face With Tears Of Joy

*****Updated*****
Post screen shot of Fido Extra from fido APP, I guess that's only way to find out if you are eligibled

**Upload screen shot of contract, and also called fido and confirmed it's free for 24 months *****

screen shot 1
screen shot 2
Images
  • Screenshot_2019-08-16-13-14-23-854_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
  • 370x760_smart_fit.jpg
Last edited by aasoror on Sep 12th, 2019 12:27 am, edited 15 times in total.
Thread Summary
updated by aasoror (11/23/2019):
Round three of the promotion now ends 12/31

updated by aasoror (9/12/2019):
Round two of the promotion now ends 09/30
For this round, Fido removed the "1GB data addon" eligibility requirement, everything else remains the same.
So far no reports of anyone charged taxes on the $360 tablet value.

added by aasoror (8/19/2019):

Q: What is this deal about?
A: Normally Fido offers a free tablet (Samsung tab A 8.0) on their tablet data-only plans (4GB/$15 monthly) with a 2-year commitment. This deal gets you the data-only plan for $0 (free) for 2-years and because you are signing a 2-year agreement you get the tablet for $0.

Q: What is the eligibility requirement?
A: Being an existing Fido customer with any "postpaid" mobile plan having 1GB (or more) of data and receiving the offer on the Fido XTRA section of the Fido mobile app.

Q: I should be eligible but found nothing on the Fido app, what's the deal?
A: Seems not everyone targeted got the offer on their Fido app, if you meet the eligibility (postpaid mobile plan with 1GB data) call Fido (1-844-423-3436) and ask them to check your eligibility.

Q: I am not quite eligible, is all hope lost?
A: If you are missing one (or more) eligibility requirement, try calling to see if upgrading to an eligible plan would get you the promo (i.e. from talk and text, to talk, text and 1GB data)

Q: Are BYOD customers eligible?
A: it's irrelevant, BYOD or not, you just need a postpaid mobile plan with 1GB data.

Q: What's the catch?
A: That you keep an eligible mobile plan with Fido throughout the course of the contract.

Q: I signed up at the store, got the tablet and left, my contract doesn't show any discounts, is that normal?
A: Unless they are having backend issue that usually means your discounts didn't go through, you can call/chat and check if everything is in order, but it's better to just go back to the store where you signed up and make sure they clear the issue.

Q: Is it free or is it $0?
A: free is not taxable, $0 promos are not free, so you will be billed for the taxes on the tablet value ($360).

---------------------------------
1544 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2013
1459 posts
3195 upvotes
Scarborough
How'd you walk out without paying a dime? Care to share more details? So bascially free 4gb for 2 years and a free tablet?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by kebbage on Aug 16th, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
💡
Sep 8, 2013
108 posts
256 upvotes
Montreal
no need to pay $15 per month?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
on my way to the store to check
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2908 posts
3089 upvotes
Markham
Is this for new customers?
-------
Thank you
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2004
12785 posts
12970 upvotes
NickolasD16046 wrote: free tablet and you don't have to pay? come again lol ?
If this is the case, I'm running to a Fido store......
Feb 18, 2019
201 posts
314 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: If this is the case, I'm running to a Fido store......
lol i'll be right behind you brotha
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5738 posts
3232 upvotes
On his receipt I see there is a code attached in the bottom, which gives him $15 plan credit every month....Can you post that code to us please?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2065 upvotes
I'm @ 3B for $15 right now.. guess I should call and adjust it for 4GB

We use the card in our phones and voip (Line2). Inexpensive phone/data plan that way.
Mar 23, 2019
445 posts
443 upvotes
GTA
aawen604 wrote: First time posting here , not sure I'm doing right or not.
I've been told by a friend and I actually got it today.
Fido tablet plan $15 4gb , connection fee $35, and Samsung tab A tablet....With 2 years contract...
And I walked out for free, no need to pay anything for 2 years and even Waved connection fee . ( It might credit back in second or third bill).. Not sure if it's targeted Loyalty plan or not, but I guess you can try it either online chat or in any fido store.
Good luck !!Face With Tears Of Joy
Can you post a clearer picture? Can't read anything. Thanks.
Oct 21, 2014
61 posts
237 upvotes
Screen shot my contract....
Images
  • Screenshot_2019-08-16-13-14-23-854_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
Dec 15, 2017
448 posts
447 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP :)

Guys if you have Fido App on your phones check Xtra section, there's actually a deal for getting tablets and other electronics with discount, go with this offer to chat rep at fido.ca and ask for a free tablet with 4gb data plan. Check out the screenshot below for plan details!

They offer the following tablet with this plan:
https://www.staples.ca/products/2801690 ... rage-black
Images
  • image.png
Mar 23, 2019
445 posts
443 upvotes
GTA
MOOCer wrote: Thanks OP :)

Guys if you have Fido App on your phones check Xtra section, there's actually a deal for getting tablets and other electronics with discount, go with this offer to chat rep at fido.ca and ask for a free tablet with 4gb data plan. Check out the screenshot below for plan details!

They offer the following tablet with this plan:
https://www.staples.ca/products/2801690 ... rage-black
Could you please share more of your conversation screenshots or share what you said to the rep
Mar 23, 2019
445 posts
443 upvotes
GTA
aawen604 wrote: Screen shot my contract....
If I'm reading this correctly it looks like you get a $35 credit for activation and you get a $15/month credit for the service
Dec 15, 2017
448 posts
447 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry, I don't have any more screenshots, but when I contacted them via chat I asked straightforward if I can get a tablet plan for free and that's what I was offered.
Agent asked if I have access to my fido app and to check extra section and locate discount on electronics, which I did and she said I am qualified for the deal as seen on my screenshot.
Jul 25, 2017
222 posts
125 upvotes
It’s possible, maybe this is another way to lock you in with phone plan together for 24 months?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5738 posts
3232 upvotes
Can someone please post a screenshot of the Fido Xtra App..it will help everyone

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)