Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] [Fido XTRA] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary) Expires 12/31

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2020 4:19 pm
Dec 27, 2007
20140 posts
11276 upvotes
Kitchener
secretalcoholic wrote: Has anyone cancelled the tablet data plan early? Did you get a huge bill for the for the remaining device balance?
You wont get a huge bill, you will get a bill exactly equal to the early termination fees (that are inaccurately labeled "device balance" on your FIdo account page) + applicable taxes.
Jul 26, 2018
868 posts
1026 upvotes
Canada, eh?
aasoror wrote: You wont get a huge bill, you will get a bill exactly equal to the early termination fees (that are inaccurately labeled "device balance" on your FIdo account page) + applicable taxes.
trigger0 wrote: Why would anyone do it when there are known charges (device balance)? Probably, you can give a try and share the results.. :)

Thanks! I just haven't been using the data much since the tablet is at home 24/7...but since there are charges canceling I'll keep it active :)
Dec 27, 2007
20140 posts
11276 upvotes
Kitchener
secretalcoholic wrote: Thanks! I just haven't been using the data much since the tablet is at home 24/7...but since there are charges canceling I'll keep it active :)
If you have no use for the data and wary about overage charges you don't need to keep it active, just store the SIM somewhere and set a reminder to cancel by the end date of the agreement.
Dec 14, 2012
110 posts
4 upvotes
So I'm on the 3rd or 4th bill and have not received any credit. I contacted Fido online and they say there is no record of this promotion applied to my account. I showed them the text too. They said to go back to the store as my agreement does not mention anything about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so annoyed.
Dec 27, 2007
20140 posts
11276 upvotes
Kitchener
aub3rgine wrote: So I'm on the 3rd or 4th bill and have not received any credit. I contacted Fido online and they say there is no record of this promotion applied to my account. I showed them the text too. They said to go back to the store as my agreement does not mention anything about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so annoyed.
Right from the thread summary
Q: I signed up at the store, got the tablet and left, my contract doesn't show any discounts, is that normal?
A: Unless they are having backend issue that usually means your discounts didn't go through, you can call/chat and check if everything is in order, but it's better to just go back to the store where you signed up and make sure they clear the issue.
Your best bet is to go the store and see if they can sort it out else start a complaint with CRTC.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1042 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
I received my first Fido bill that includes the tablet's data plan charges (I have 2 phone lines), they credited the tablet's data plan charges but Not the $35 activation/ setup service fee.
Via the FIDO online chat, I negotiated to have it waived and the CSR was kind enough to do so.
The CSR even offered a Free 3 months bonus additional 3GB for one of my lines.
It took sometimes for them to make the decision though, it looks like either they have to talk w the manager or check our billing records/ history (?).

Happy camper here so far Winking Face
Jun 24, 2019
15 posts
10 upvotes
Reporting back.
I highly recommend you do not file a complain IF you are not willing to deal with some type of recovery agent calls.
My case is still not completed but Fido is now very agressive towards me to cancel my initial complain and then fix the issue, I received what I would call black mail call.
My case did turn for the worst for this stupid tablet.
Funny enough, my wife enrolls immigrant/visa/students to telecom services and of course will not enroll them to Fido anymore... Fido has been her prime supplier for the past 3 years.
Lost customers=+/- 300 a year, cell phone and internet. I will not use this as a leverage tool but it goes to show as a simple customer I have no value to them. And I want this to stay this way, they have no clue of the collateral damage.
I didnt tell the people who called me about my wife business since my wife has nothing to do with my account and problems with Fido but I still do not understand why they make such a fuzz at simply honoring their contract?
Back to the topic, if you have issue, only contact the CRTC if you have tough skin and time to waste.
(I also told the last agent calling me that I will record the call, hoping to calm him down as I was going through a lot of harsh statements. Since he was ok with the recording, I can share this recording if anyone wants to double check the facts. I am totally transparent..)
Dec 27, 2007
20140 posts
11276 upvotes
Kitchener
Alicalabra wrote: Since he was ok with the recording, I can share this recording if anyone wants to double check the facts. I am totally transparent..)
If you can remove any identifying information from the recording feel free to upload it somewhere and share the link here.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
4680 posts
1263 upvotes
I received my third bill since I got this promotion, and it still has only charged me for my phone plan.

Sorry to hear about all the people having issues.
Jun 13, 2019
249 posts
208 upvotes
M1Pxxx
I got the second bill now with regular monthly credits. The activation fees was not applied at all.. so it's zero bill right from the start. All thanks to the rep who setup this account correctly and patiently over the call for more than 2 hours.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4926 posts
4497 upvotes
trigger0 wrote: I got the second bill now with regular monthly credits. The activation fees was not applied at all.. so it's zero bill right from the start. All thanks to the rep who setup this account correctly and patiently over the call for more than 2 hours.
This is exactly why people have such a poor opinion of Rogers & Fido: when everything goes well, great, when it doesn't? You have to waste 2 hours (or more) on the phone trying to get them to fix something that shouldn't require any input from you at all.

What's sad is this isn't at all new, this has been the situation with Rogers & Fido for at least a decade. I don't get it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19645 posts
12722 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
repatch wrote: This is exactly why people have such a poor opinion of Rogers & Fido: when everything goes well, great, when it doesn't? You have to waste 2 hours (or more) on the phone trying to get them to fix something that shouldn't require any input from you at all.

What's sad is this isn't at all new, this has been the situation with Rogers & Fido for at least a decade. I don't get it.
It's been about that long since I last had the misfortune of dealing with bHell. Are they any better now?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4926 posts
4497 upvotes
bylo wrote: It's been about that long since I last had the misfortune of dealing with bHell. Are they any better now?
Honestly I've not had bad experiences with Bell, but then I only deal with them for satellite TV, and that has all been through the website.
Jun 13, 2019
249 posts
208 upvotes
M1Pxxx
repatch wrote: Honestly I've not had bad experiences with Bell, but then I only deal with them for satellite TV, and that has all been through the website.
I moved to Bell internet from Rogers last year. My experience has been good so far albeit there were issues during the installation (faulty modem etc.) but they promptly fixed it.
Jul 17, 2012
687 posts
262 upvotes
Kamloops
anyone in my fido showing a device balance $ amount? mine is showing 312 bucks. but monthly bill is 0.

also am i the only one which the $40, 4gb plan increased to 45 and now i think a month ago increased to 50? i have 2 lines + this free 4GB data only plan on one account i am thinking about cancelling my own plan just keep wife's 50 bucks plan and wonder they can do that. it says you can't cancel your existing line but then i have 2 is cancelling 1 ok?