Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Free 2GB data-only retention plan

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2018 11:24 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 4, 2018
1 posts
10 upvotes

[Fido] Free 2GB data-only retention plan

I have a $15 for 2GB data only line from Fido on my phone. Today I call to cancel the data line and I was offered 2 retention plans because I have been a customer for more than 3 months:
1) no contract 12 month free 2GB data-only line. $10/GB overage applies.
2) $7.5/month but no overage charges. I took the first offer.
I don't have a Fido mobile line so I can only get 2GB data. I use the Fongo App which gives me free unlimited calls on a VoIP phone number over wifi or data.
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2010
2416 posts
1536 upvotes
montreal
That is the same offer that is available for the ones who got the 3GB/15$ plan.

I am on that plan for my 2 lines since jan-feb if I remember.
Pretty cool to have those lines at 0$ for a free year!
Newbie
Sep 16, 2008
68 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
Wait.. What?
You just have free data for a year (2GB)? With no bill? (unless you go. Over?)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4331 posts
2763 upvotes
Snufflufikist wrote: Wait.. What?
You just have free data for a year (2GB)? With no bill? (unless you go. Over?)
For me it was 100% discount, even if you go over. Last month I went over by 8 GB, no charge.
Newbie
Feb 2, 2018
27 posts
54 upvotes
danielairy wrote: I have a $15 for 2GB data only line from Fido on my phone. Today I call to cancel the data line and I was offered 2 retention plans because I have been a customer for more than 3 months:
1) no contract 12 month free 2GB data-only line. $10/GB overage applies.
2) $7.5/month but no overage charges. I took the first offer.
I don't have a Fido mobile line so I can only get 2GB data. I use the Fongo App which gives me free unlimited calls on a VoIP phone number over wifi or data.
Was that $7.50/month for unlimited data? With LTE speeds I would have picked that up and cancelled my home internet lol.
Newbie
Sep 16, 2008
68 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
I have definitely been. Charged for the slightest overage with the fido 15$ 3GB plan. How are you getting 8GB overage for free? Definitely confused...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
6903 posts
7283 upvotes
Vancouver
Snufflufikist wrote: Wait.. What?
You just have free data for a year (2GB)? With no bill? (unless you go. Over?)
Yep, I'm on it now on my iPhone. I got 3GB/month for 12 months, $0/month. Using Fongo for free Canada-wide calling and pay $10 every 6 months for Canada-wide Fongo texting. This is one of the hottest deals on RFD imo. I only use a small fraction of the monthly 3GB so I have no idea if I get charged for overage.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 13, 2012
2899 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Snufflufikist wrote: I have definitely been. Charged for the slightest overage with the fido 15$ 3GB plan. How are you getting 8GB overage for free? Definitely confused...
Should have checked the forum back in spring. There was a 100% off discount on data-only plan for users that were with fido for at least 6 month.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Member
User avatar
Aug 3, 2010
320 posts
104 upvotes
Meanwhile many of us here already got the free 12-months unlimited data (so it includes unlimited overages too) with free tablets/phones for our retentions, which happened back in February.
so this deal is mehhh...but i guess if ur a straggler who missed out then its better than nothing.
Member
Oct 29, 2011
206 posts
164 upvotes
It's 12 month FREE 2GB data. I just called in with 5 mins on the phone and received this offer.

It's perfect timing if you are just off your 6 months free 3 GB data promotion since last Xmas.

Thank you OP!
danielairy wrote: I have a $15 for 2GB data only line from Fido on my phone. Today I call to cancel the data line and I was offered 2 retention plans because I have been a customer for more than 3 months:
1) no contract 12 month free 2GB data-only line. $10/GB overage applies.
2) $7.5/month but no overage charges. I took the first offer.
I don't have a Fido mobile line so I can only get 2GB data. I use the Fongo App which gives me free unlimited calls on a VoIP phone number over wifi or data.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
521 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I have a LG pad combined to my Fido data-only plan. Still 6 months to go. Hope there is still this retention plan at that time.
Member
Mar 2, 2011
309 posts
163 upvotes
Ottawa
Snufflufikist wrote: I have definitely been. Charged for the slightest overage with the fido 15$ 3GB plan. How are you getting 8GB overage for free? Definitely confused...
Do you have the 100% off discount?

I have the 3 GB plan w/ 100% off too. Used 10 GB last month including a day in the US. Bill was $7 (1 day of Fido Roam). Other months I overage and it's free too. $0.

Love this plan!
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Kona Blue)
2019 VW Golf SportWagen CL 6mt + DAP (Tornado Red)
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1297 posts
452 upvotes
Ontario
osuman wrote: Should have checked the forum back in spring. There was a 100% off discount on data-only plan for users that were with fido for at least 6 month.
Lovin' it!

Top