Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Freedom to Fido promo is back ($39/11gb)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 6:50 pm
Apr 27, 2011
440 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
xTurboZx wrote: I'm having issues with purchasing a freedom prepaid plan.

I apparently visited the dealer store (non-corporate) and they require that I purchase a top up as well. Has anyone experienced issues with this?
order online, right now freedom will mail the sim card to you for free i think.

We'll waive your $10 connection fee and ship your SIM card free of charge when you order online. Offer available for new Prepaid activations only.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18721 posts
4900 upvotes
Toronto
As expected, my wife and I couldn't get this promo as existing Fido users, so we both are leaving Fido. I went to Rogers for the 20 GB $50 EPP plan, and my wife is going to Telus also for the 20 GB $50 EPP plan.

Now the only plan left we have with Fido is the 4 GB $5 tablet plan ($10 with 50% credit for 24 months).
Aug 26, 2012
5 posts
WINNIPEG
I am trying to figure out if it's possible for me to get this deal... I have a Halifax (902) number with public mobile and Winnipeg (204) number on a rogers EPP that I don't want to give up for personal and professional reasons. I cannot port these to Freedom as they do not have coverage in those cities. If I purchase 2 prepaid sims from freedom with new AB numbers and go port those over to Fido, can I then port my existing numbers from my public & rogers plans onto the new Fido account to replace the Freedom numbers?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1465 posts
418 upvotes
Anyone got their first bill yet?

I was charged for almost 2 months of full service on the first bill @ $50 a month, but Fido only credited $11 + $5 once ... so $16 credit for 2 months of service instead of $32.
Wondering if this is what you guys are seeing too?
Oct 1, 2020
6 posts
Ended up staying with Freedom, instead of taking the $39 for 9gb with Fido as their loyalty rep gave me 15GB for $40. Network isn't a problem for me so far in the GTA.
Aug 30, 2012
121 posts
43 upvotes
mkreden
"I am trying to figure out if it's possible for me to get this deal... I have a Halifax (902) number with public mobile and Winnipeg (204) number on a rogers EPP that I don't want to give up for personal and professional reasons. I cannot port these to Freedom as they do not have coverage in those cities. If I purchase 2 prepaid sims from freedom with new AB numbers and go port those over to Fido, can I then port my existing numbers from my public & rogers plans onto the new Fido account to replace the Freedom numbers?"

buy the freedom sim from https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards (have fast shipping and sale prices for sim cards from time to time) if cant get sim from freedom as Freedom may not mail to address not in their coverage area. To ensure that you do get freedom activated you will have to give an address(any address is fine ) in their coverage area (if you live outside their coverage area) as long as payment is done online.
Dec 18, 2014
181 posts
267 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if I decide to cancel my 2nd line some time down the road ($10 data only, no contract), will I still get to keep the stack discount? (-$5/2gb)
Apr 19, 2018
225 posts
55 upvotes
Scarborough
I'd like to take advantage of the freedom to Fido promotion. I currently don't have a cell phone. Can I order a pre-paid Freedom plan and do the transfer to Fido after a few days?

Thank you
Don't worry be happy - Bob