Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Fido

Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2021 7:16 am
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 24, 2017
95 posts
125 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan

Have an existing plan with Fido and they offered me a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 for $0 with a $0/month 4 GB data plan over live chat. No other tablet was available. According to CSR, I can cancel or change my main line without affecting the data-only plan on the tablet. If I cancel the data-only line, I need to pay off the remaining balance on the tablet.

EDIT: The account activation appeared with a $45 setup service fee, but according to Fido support that will be waived within the first two or three bills (keep an eye out to make sure that happens). Further, the device credit is $15/month, but the actual device costs are $16.80/month as heyulookin pointed out. Fido support confirmed that although the credit is only $15, the tax does not need to be paid by the user. Also have anecdotal evidence from a friend who got this deal last year that he does indeed pay $0/month for both the plan and the device.
Images
  • Tablet plan.png
Last edited by Alenux55 on Nov 24th, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
177 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1426 posts
903 upvotes
CALGARY
I have similar offer but monthly $5 for 4gb
Member
Mar 11, 2020
364 posts
148 upvotes
so basically free data and tablet after you cancel your main line?
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener
cream4389 wrote: so basically free data and tablet after you cancel your main line?
Yes, that's correct. So you can actually switch your main line to Freedom 99/year text and calls plan, if you have a dual-sim phone.
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
136 posts
95 upvotes
Received this offer too. So free tablet, 2 years contract for $0 independent from main line, what's the catch? Face With Tears Of Joy
Member
Feb 19, 2018
383 posts
364 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Aelanord wrote: Received this offer too. So free tablet, 2 years contract for $0 independent from main line, what's the catch? Face With Tears Of Joy
You stay w them for two years or you pay back part of the tablet (at inflated cost)
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
136 posts
95 upvotes
grosbmi wrote: You stay w them for two years or you pay back part of the tablet (at inflated cost)
But the data plan for the tablet is $0, so don't need to pay them a penny. Plus you can cancel your main line anytime.

Am I missing anything?
Member
Feb 19, 2018
383 posts
364 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Aelanord wrote: But the data plan for the tablet is $0, so don't need to pay them a penny. Plus you can cancel your main line anytime.

Am I missing anything?
Yes the tablet is free if you stay for 24 months. Otherwise you pay for it if you cancel before proportionally to how long you stayed.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
With the pandemic, freedom $99 and this tablet plan is probably the best plan so far. Less than $10/month for 4gb unlimited talk and text.

Does it have to be a data line that I newly activate in order to get the tablet promo?

Anyone recently try to activate new line and add the tablet plan at the same time and was able to deactivate main line?
Jr. Member
Apr 20, 2018
136 posts
95 upvotes
liuj69 wrote: Yes, that's correct. So you can actually switch your main line to Freedom 99/year text and calls plan, if you have a dual-sim phone.
I'm wondering for iPhone, is it possible we can get an eSIM from FIDO for this 4GB data plan, and a physical SIM from Freedom for 99/year prepaid plan?
Newbie
Mar 22, 2008
89 posts
43 upvotes
Is this truly free? I have this offer on my account for the Samsung Tab A 8.4, ZTE Grand X View 4, and ZTE Grand X View 3.

For the Samsung Tab A 8.4:
$0/mo. after bill credit (plus taxes)
0% interest for 24 months on select plans
with Fido Payment Program

Do I have to pay taxes? Is it $15+tax = $16.80 - $15 credit, or is it actually $15-$15 credit= $0, and all I need to do is keep it alive for 2 years and cancel right after the 2 years is up?

I mean, why would anyone leave early? That makes no sense.
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2017
308 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener
Aelanord wrote: I'm wondering for iPhone, is it possible we can get an eSIM from FIDO for this 4GB data plan, and a physical SIM from Freedom for 99/year prepaid plan?
I’m pretty sure you can use Freedom eSIM for texting and calling, then Fido physical SIM for data.
Sr. Member
Nov 25, 2014
657 posts
739 upvotes
skwan wrote: With the pandemic, freedom $99 and this tablet plan is probably the best plan so far. Less than $10/month for 4gb unlimited talk and text.

Does it have to be a data line that I newly activate in order to get the tablet promo?

Anyone recently try to activate new line and add the tablet plan at the same time and was able to deactivate main line?
If you have Shaw, they'll offer you talk and text for $0
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2017
2360 posts
1603 upvotes
I could use a free tablet. Are there any Fido phone deals? Currently with Rogers BYOD plan.
Jr. Member
Nov 13, 2018
137 posts
164 upvotes
heyulookin wrote: Is this truly free? I have this offer on my account for the Samsung Tab A 8.4, ZTE Grand X View 4, and ZTE Grand X View 3.

For the Samsung Tab A 8.4:
$0/mo. after bill credit (plus taxes)
0% interest for 24 months on select plans
with Fido Payment Program

Do I have to pay taxes? Is it $15+tax = $16.80 - $15 credit, or is it actually $15-$15 credit= $0, and all I need to do is keep it alive for 2 years and cancel right after the 2 years is up?

I mean, why would anyone leave early? That makes no sense.
Do you see this bill credit of $10/month for 4gb data only plan in the contract? The contract only shows the credit for the device, not for the plan. So, just wondering if they will charge $10 each month. OR the credit will appear in the bill?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
OutOfSt0ck wrote: If you have Shaw, they'll offer you talk and text for $0
Yeah but Shaw isn't offered here in Ontario. Or at least GTA I've already inquired. Shaw actually has an amazing deal
Jr. Member
Nov 30, 2011
141 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
I called and they didn't know anything about the $10 rebate for the data plan. How have you all been getting it / how have you been wording it? Thank you
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1223 posts
353 upvotes
Gatineau
Tried via chat. Unsuccessful for the 10$ rebate.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1713 posts
1510 upvotes
Ontario
Tried twice via chat and unsuccessful both times
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 5, 2015
35 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I called about this and while I wasn't eligible for the $10/month rebate on the plan, the CSR offered me a 50% discount on it as an existing customer. I didn't take it because I'm not in the market for a tablet but it's an option they have.

Top