Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 6:01 pm
Nov 25, 2008
54 posts
21 upvotes
Edmonton
andykelly wrote: I called about this and while I wasn't eligible for the $10/month rebate on the plan, the CSR offered me a 50% discount on it as an existing customer. I didn't take it because I'm not in the market for a tablet but it's an option they have.
I didn't even get offered the 50% rebate :-(
The CSR said it was because I already have a data line (no tablet) with the 24 month 100% rebate, and that it can only be applied once per account. I don't know if that is accurate or not.
Banned
Nov 19, 2020
41 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
I signed up for the 45$ plan at Fido with the Pixel 5 for another 20$ last weekend. Can I get this tablet and data offer in addition to the plan I already have?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
KotN48876 wrote: I signed up for the 45$ plan at Fido with the Pixel 5 for another 20$ last weekend. Can I get this tablet and data offer in addition to the plan I already have?
You can certainly try and see what happens. I've tried twice so far and no luck.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
22 posts
39 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
heyulookin wrote: Is this truly free? I have this offer on my account for the Samsung Tab A 8.4, ZTE Grand X View 4, and ZTE Grand X View 3.

For the Samsung Tab A 8.4:
$0/mo. after bill credit (plus taxes)
0% interest for 24 months on select plans
with Fido Payment Program

Do I have to pay taxes? Is it $15+tax = $16.80 - $15 credit, or is it actually $15-$15 credit= $0, and all I need to do is keep it alive for 2 years and cancel right after the 2 years is up?

I mean, why would anyone leave early? That makes no sense.
Talked to Fido support and they confirmed that it ends up working out so that the user doesn't pay the tax (updated original post). Also have a friend who got the same deal last year and he is paying $0/month.
Nov 9, 2003
839 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
proxdox wrote: I called and they didn't know anything about the $10 rebate for the data plan. How have you all been getting it / how have you been wording it? Thank you
I contacted Fido via online chat to sign up for one of their BYOD plans and said I was also interested in the $0 extra data plan for 24 months plus free of charge Samsung tablet for new customers. The rep had no problems giving it to me, referring to it as a 24 month $0 plan, with the Samsung Tab A 8.4.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Derringdo wrote: I contacted Fido via online chat to sign up for one of their BYOD plans and said I was also interested in the $0 extra data plan for 24 months plus free of charge Samsung tablet for new customers. The rep had no problems giving it to me, referring to it as a 24 month $0 plan, with the Samsung Tab A 8.4.
Can I sign up for the cheapest plan and then ask for the other tablet $0 plan?
Last edited by DealsHunterCo on Nov 24th, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 9, 2007
514 posts
105 upvotes
PatrickL664259 wrote: i was able to get it free also via chat :) been with fido for 5 years.
Did you just ask for it and got it?
RFD makes me :lol:
Nov 9, 2003
839 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
skwan wrote: Can I sign up for the cheapest plan and then ask for the other tablet $0 plan?
I've heard of people getting it with the $35/4gb plan, so it's worth a shot
May 31, 2005
106 posts
44 upvotes
Does anyone have a copy of the text message being sent out for this? I did a web chat, and they will apparently only apply it if you're being targeted for the promotion via text message.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1707 posts
254 upvotes
i tried chat as well, it is not available my account. Can only get free tablet and pay $10 per month.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21459 posts
15587 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Another option for people looking for a cheap tablet: [Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Tab M8 FHD $139 starting tonight 03:00 ET for 24 hours

This works out to ~$5.80 per month over 24 months, so with 4GB data plan ~$15/month. Since the data plan would then be sans tablet and contract presumably the odds of getting 50% or even 100% loyalty discount are greater.

The specifications generally look better than any of the "free" or $5/month tablets offered by Fido.

PSREF specs Tab_M8_FHD_2nd_Gen_Spec.PDF says "WWLAN (optional) 4G LTE connectivity" but then lists LTE bands it supports. I'd assume no LTE on this model but could be wrong. See the RFD thread for comments about Android 10 upgrade, etc.

Of course this assumes you want to keep the tablet for your own use rather than flog it on kijiji.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 23, 2018
388 posts
128 upvotes
Not a Fido customer.
Got rejected by a couple of live chat agents (website and Facebook), but last night n agent over the phone gave me the $35/4gb plan and the tablet. I just received the confirmation emails.
He said feel free to pass on his information and gave me his number and an extension that doesn't work, lol. But he can be searched for in the directory. I think he's on the shift later today.

PM me if you'd like his details.
Banned
Nov 19, 2020
41 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
OongaLoonga wrote: Not a Fido customer.
Got rejected by a couple of live chat agents (website and Facebook), but last night n agent over the phone gave me the $35/4gb plan and the tablet. I just received the confirmation emails.
He said feel free to pass on his information and gave me his number and an extension that doesn't work, lol. But he can be searched for in the directory. I think he's on the shift later today.

PM me if you'd like his details.
Just PM'd you. If you could share with me, would be a ton of help! Thanks :)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4696 posts
1111 upvotes
Scarborough
Here's the SMS I got and also found it in my Fido app. Also, the tablet arrived the next day, so it was super quick.

Screenshot_20201119_205144_com.fidosolutions.myaccount.jpg
Screenshot_20201119_210017_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1499 posts
1354 upvotes
I called in, I have a zillion accounts with Fido, needless to say, I qualified, so ... sweeet :)
Dec 9, 2007
514 posts
105 upvotes
Tcalp wrote: I called in, I have a zillion accounts with Fido, needless to say, I qualified, so ... sweeet :)
Did you get a text or app notification?
RFD makes me :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1499 posts
1354 upvotes
deviouSx3 wrote: Did you get a text or app notification?
I only have about 1/2 my SIMS plugged in, so not sure :)