Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 6:01 pm
Jul 23, 2018
388 posts
128 upvotes
Update:

I just received the email with my new Fido phone number and tablet details.
The cost shows as $45 for the plan, and $10 for the data plan.
Customer care said it's normal and the $10 will show on the bill.

Can anyone confirm that's how it works? Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1503 posts
1354 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: Update:

I just received the email with my new Fido phone number and tablet details.
The cost shows as $45 for the plan, and $10 for the data plan.
Customer care said it's normal and the $10 will show on the bill.

Can anyone confirm that's how it works? Thanks
Depends on what you signed up for I suppose, I can confirm that initial e-mails on promos can seem weird, but there is also a plan that will charge you $10/mo so , *shrugs*
Banned
Nov 19, 2020
41 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
how long did it take you to get the confirmation email from when you called in to get the offer? I called in at 7:30PM EST, but still no emails.
Jul 23, 2018
388 posts
128 upvotes
KotN48876 wrote: how long did it take you to get the confirmation email from when you called in to get the offer? I called in at 7:30PM EST, but still no emails.
Close to 24 hours. Just got the shipping emails too.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1913 posts
828 upvotes
Called but no dice. Joined 2 months ago and CSR say only for loyal customer
Dec 27, 2007
689 posts
469 upvotes
Fido has this deal time to time. I got $5/mo for free tablet and 4GB data couple weeks ago. I don't have voice&data plan with Fido previously.
The Samsung tablet is just so so, I gave it to my kid.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Called Fido worked on a 2nd attempt. New activation on BYOD and then 2nd line added for $0/month
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4696 posts
1111 upvotes
Scarborough
Forgot to add, once you set up a new line, you also get a free welcome gift in the Fido app, which is a free hamburger or $5 gas card.
May 28, 2004
706 posts
76 upvotes
I have a phone number that I want to keep the same ( my current plan is with chatr).

how does this work for me if I can get fido rep to agree?
correct me
1. I port the number from chatr to fido . so I have fido number and fido tablet plan added on top of that. and get a free tablet?
2. then after 1 week with fido , I port the fido phone number to freedom mobile $99 per year and keep the fido tablet plan for 2 years?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
The rep actually checked to see if I had the offer :(
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1843 posts
1277 upvotes
Has anyone tried using their Fido 4GB phone plan with eSIM in say an iPhone and then also put the 4GB tablet SIM in the same iPhone for 8GB data total? Would that work?
Jun 17, 2020
61 posts
82 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: Called Fido worked on a 2nd attempt. New activation on BYOD and then 2nd line added for $0/month
Did you get a new phone and add the tablet at the same time? I ordered a pixel 5, hasn't arrived but chatted with 2 agents. Both said I didn't qualify as my account isn't active and the offer want generated for my account. Any idea when I get my phone I'll be able to call in for the tablet?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
martychan1985 wrote: Did you get a new phone and add the tablet at the same time? I ordered a pixel 5, hasn't arrived but chatted with 2 agents. Both said I didn't qualify as my account isn't active and the offer want generated for my account. Any idea when I get my phone I'll be able to call in for the tablet?
I did mine both at the same time and no I just asked for BYOP plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1140 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
DP: I've been a Fido subscriber for 3+years with their 3GB data only plan that has no contract attached, but includes a 50% off retention bonus so I pay $7.50/mth for the 3GB. I was able to change that plan to the 4GB plan with the Galaxy 8.4 Tab included for free, however they would not give me the $10 credit on the monthly fee. Had to go through two agents to get the deal. The first one said I wasn't even eligible because I didn't have a cell line with Fido.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4696 posts
1111 upvotes
Scarborough
theinfamous wrote: DP: I've been a Fido subscriber for 3+years with their 3GB data only plan that has no contract attached, but includes a 50% off retention bonus so I pay $7.50/mth for the 3GB. I was able to change that plan to the 4GB plan with the Galaxy 8.4 Tab included for free, however they would not give me the $10 credit on the monthly fee. Had to go through two agents to get the deal. The first one said I wasn't even eligible because I didn't have a cell line with Fido.
Isn't that just the regular plan they offer on their website?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1434 posts
1288 upvotes
How can you connect to a live chat agent?

It’s always showing “ We’re really sorry we can’t assist you, something went wrong. Let’s go get you a Live Chat agent.”
Nov 7, 2008
444 posts
159 upvotes
Vancouver
naticom wrote: How can you connect to a live chat agent?

It’s always showing “ We’re really sorry we can’t assist you, something went wrong. Let’s go get you a Live Chat agent.”
I've had that bug before. Try a different browser or try private mode browsing.
Nov 28, 2019
21 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Their Live Chat has been a joke all week. I've literally been trying since Monday morning both trying to get a new line for myself, as well as negotiating an upgrade/renewal for a family member. That "bug" pops up at least 5-10 times between each session that I get in. And more often than not, when I do get into a session, the rep just flat out refuses any deals. I'm back in the chat queue again as I type this with attempt number 150 (?) now...I've lost count honestly. All I can say is keep trying. At least it seems they've recently updated their chat platform to show a Queue Position number now, so at least their back end folks are putting in *some* effort.
Banned
Nov 19, 2020
41 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
how long is shipping for folks?
I ordered Tuesday evening, I got the email with the contract on Thursday. But no shipping email yet.