[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 6:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
22 posts
39 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
KotN48876 wrote: how long is shipping for folks?
I ordered Tuesday evening, I got the email with the contract on Thursday. But no shipping email yet.
Ordered Monday (Nov 23) around noon, arrived Wednesday mid-day. They'll send you a shipping email.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1434 posts
1288 upvotes
For mine it's actuallt very fast...overnight shipping.

But Fido messed up my address so FEDEX kept the tablet for another day and I had to call to schedule pickup.

Man...there are tons of people lining up for pickup..
KotN48876 wrote: how long is shipping for folks?
I ordered Tuesday evening, I got the email with the contract on Thursday. But no shipping email yet.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2017
22 posts
39 upvotes
Lower Mainland, BC
naticom wrote: For mine it's actuallt very fast...overnight shipping.

But Fido messed up my address so FEDEX kept the tablet for another day and I had to call to schedule pickup.

Man...there are tons of people lining up for pickup..
Actually, they screwed up my address and I had to pick it up as well. For some reason they used my previous address...
Jul 20, 2009
531 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
I would strongly aware you guys that if you guys sign up for this tablet, you will be locked with Fido for another 2 yrs regardless to your talk/text (phone plan). If you want to port out your phone, you will have to pay remaining balance for tablet.

Talk/text cancel -> tablet cancel -> you have to pay for remaining balance on tablet. I figure the hard way today when I inform them I am going to port out and this is what I have been told even when I sign up I was told there will be no penalize to port out but it is not true.

Be careful guys
Jan 28, 2013
457 posts
650 upvotes
Waterloo
anzvietboy wrote: I would strongly aware you guys that if you guys sign up for this tablet, you will be locked with Fido for another 2 yrs regardless to your talk/text (phone plan). If you want to port out your phone, you will have to pay remaining balance for tablet.

Talk/text cancel -> tablet cancel -> you have to pay for remaining balance on tablet. I figure the hard way today when I inform them I am going to port out and this is what I have been told even when I sign up I was told there will be no penalize to port out but it is not true.

Be careful guys
I still have two tablet lines with them, and I ported out my main phone line last week, hasn't heard anything from them regarding the tablet plans other than WinBack offering 45$ 15GB... but i rejected
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Jul 20, 2009
531 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
umega890 wrote: I still have two tablet lines with them, and I ported out my main phone line last week, hasn't heard anything from them regarding the tablet plans other than WinBack offering 45$ 15GB... but i rejected
Do you have any remaining phone lines with them....if not I strongly suggest give a call to ask....dont be surprise with their bill upcoming months. I start hating fido now because of this clause.....
Jan 28, 2013
457 posts
650 upvotes
Waterloo
anzvietboy wrote: Do you have any remaining phone lines with them....if not I strongly suggest give a call to ask....dont be surprise with their bill upcoming months. I start hating fido now because of this clause.....
So they cancelled your tablet line because you ported out the phone line?
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Jul 20, 2009
531 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
umega890 wrote: So they cancelled your tablet line because you ported out the phone line?
I inform them that I am going to port out since they didnt offer any things good after my 2 yr contracts expire and they start tellong me about the tablet plan that will be cancelled due to it and how much that I have to for the tablet ($300 + tax for a crappy tablet....

This is a reason I want to warn anyone in this thread not to fall into this trap
Jul 5, 2018
52 posts
11 upvotes
I called them yesterday to inquire how much it would be to cancel my current plan the customer service rep told me that there would be no charge but he may have been talking about my phone line and not my tablet lines I was going to part out your freedom but kind of concerned about this as well
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Anyone that is still having issues trying to get this plan, DM me so we don't flood this thread
Sep 20, 2003
536 posts
183 upvotes
Burnaby
anzvietboy wrote: I inform them that I am going to port out since they didnt offer any things good after my 2 yr contracts expire and they start tellong me about the tablet plan that will be cancelled due to it and how much that I have to for the tablet ($300 + tax for a crappy tablet....

This is a reason I want to warn anyone in this thread not to fall into this trap
Can ppl plz not contact fido and use porting out to bargain for better deals when they r still under contract...
Jul 20, 2009
531 posts
87 upvotes
Ottawa
mc hammer wrote: Can ppl plz not contact fido and use porting out to bargain for better deals when they r still under contract...
Usually, I dont deal with Fido, I always ported out number, I did this time because of the tablet. You dont want to port out and they never call you so you stuck with this crappy tabet and pay for it right?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2078 posts
525 upvotes
Joined yesterday. Guess there's no chance to add-on a free tablet, is there? Lol
Jul 25, 2011
64 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
DealsHunterCo wrote: Called Fido worked on a 2nd attempt. New activation on BYOD and then 2nd line added for $0/month
How can you get 2nd line for free? How much do you pay in total?
Aug 5, 2017
85 posts
51 upvotes
for how many years are you with fido guys to receive this offer ?
Dec 9, 2007
514 posts
105 upvotes
I think as long as you sign a new contract for a phone line you can get this offer.

I'm a fido customer with a boyd monthly plan, no contract, the first time I asked on the chat, they said no to me.

Next time I called Fido to match Freedoms offer and they put me through to retention. I signed a 2 year phone contract and they were able to add the samsung tab 8.4 for free and $0 a month for 4gb data.
RFD makes me :lol:
Oct 21, 2011
248 posts
438 upvotes
Brampton
deviouSx3 wrote: I think as long as you sign a new contract for a phone line you can get this offer.

I'm a fido customer with a boyd monthly plan, no contract, the first time I asked on the chat, they said no to me.

Next time I called Fido to match Freedoms offer and they put me through to retention. I signed a 2 year phone contract and they were able to add the samsung tab 8.4 for free and $0 a month for 4gb data.
What kind of a 2 year contract did you get? Because I just got a BYOD 4GB plan for $35.