Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 2:25 am
Dec 18, 2006
144 posts
380 upvotes
vancouver

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

mod edit: to clear up any confusion with the existing Fido promo, this offer will get you the 2-year tablet plan for free (regularly $15 month) and is stacked with the everyday offer of free tablet (Huawei Mediapad T5 10) with a 2-year data-only plan. So you are getting both tablet and 2 years of service for $0. It's targetted and you should have gotten an SMS with the offer

Screenshot_20200617-131712_Messages.jpg

Called into confirm. I am existing customer on $50/15gb.byod

Free tablet
Free 4gb plan.
Activation fee waived (credit on 2nd bill)
Just remember to cancel it end of 24month,

I couldn't believe it so I had to call, might be ymmv. Ordered. Wife got same offer and the 5gb bonus offer!
Last edited by Esq21 on Jun 17th, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
added by aasoror (6/20/2020):

Q: What is this deal about?
A: Normally Fido offers a free tablet (Huawei Mediapad T5 10) on their tablet data-only plans (4GB/$15 monthly) with a 2-year commitment. This deal gets you the data-only plan for $0 (free) for 2-years and because you are signing a 2-year agreement you get the tablet for $0.

Q: What is the eligibility requirement?
A: Being an existing Fido customer with any "postpaid" mobile plan and receiving the offer SMS.

Q: I should be eligible but got no SMS, what's the deal?
A: Seems not everyone targeted got the offer SMS, if you meet the eligibility (postpaid mobile plan) call Fido (1-844-423-3436) and ask them to check your eligibility.

Q: I am not quite eligible, is all hope lost?
A: If you are missing one (or more) eligibility requirement, try calling to see if upgrading to an eligible plan would get you the promo (i.e. from talk and text, to talk, text and data)

Q: Are BYOD customers eligible?
A: it's irrelevant, BYOD or not, you just need a postpaid mobile plan.

Q: What's the catch?
A: That you keep an eligible mobile plan with Fido throughout the course of the contract.

Q: I signed up at the store, got the tablet and left, my contract doesn't show any discounts, is that normal?
A: Unless they are having backend issue that usually means your discounts didn't go through, you can call/chat and check if everything is in order, but it's better to just go back to the store where you signed up and make sure they clear the issue.

Q: Is it free or is it $0?
A: free is not taxable, $0 promos are not free, so expect to be billed for the taxes on the tablet value ($360). With that said, on prior deals, people reported not getting taxed regardless.

Q: Anything more do I need to know?
A: It's not the first round of this offer, check fido-fido-xtra-get-0-tablet-free-2-year ... 1-2306636/ for more info.

Q: It seems there is no way for me to get on this deal, any other options?
A: Sure, check the main thread: fido-4gb-lte-data-plan-10-byod-no-contr ... t-2078212/

Q: Which part of the T&C legally binds tablet plans to the main mobile plan?
A: this
352 replies
Dec 30, 2007
158 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone able to get this ?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
Got this same offer...wasn't too sure about the details but if its a free tablet then I def need to get in on it!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2242 posts
4464 upvotes
It's a targeted offer. It gets posted here once in a while. For example: fido-fido-free-tablet-free-4gb-month-24-months-2331442/

And from the longer thread at fido-fido-xtra-get-0-tablet-free-2-year ... 1-2306636/ :
Q: What's the catch?
A: That you keep an eligible mobile plan with Fido throughout the course of the contract.
Last edited by umopapisdnwei on Jun 17th, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On vacation
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Need to be a current Fido post paid client?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
umopapisdnwei wrote: It's a targeted offer. It gets posted here once in a while. For example: fido-fido-free-tablet-free-4gb-month-24-months-2331442/

And from the longer thread at fido-fido-xtra-get-0-tablet-free-2-year ... 1-2306636/ :
Ah that explains it...my Fido discounted plan ends next month so no wonder they've been bombarding me with this offer
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1474 posts
2821 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
I got the txt as well from FIDO. Called in to confirm and this was offered and I accepted. Got confirmation email and now waiting for tablet. (I may have gotten two)
Jan 31, 2014
328 posts
218 upvotes
Anyone able to get this without receiving that text?
Dec 22, 2019
32 posts
16 upvotes
ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!

if you take this promotion, you have to keep associated fido mobile plan during these 2 years. Otherwise, you have to pay for the tablet when you cancel your fido plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1368 posts
457 upvotes
do you have to return tablet after 24 months ?
Jan 14, 2007
286 posts
118 upvotes
I got this text and the offer. You could choose between Huawei or Samsung tablet. This is for $0. Plan price $0 as well, for 24 months. I chose Huawei because it is a 10" and the Samsung one was a 8.4" display. I think it is only for those customers that are offered. The CSR asked me if I had received the text and confirmed that from the account as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1693 posts
2368 upvotes
Waterloo Region
Just chatting with CSR. she insists the tablet isn't free but the plan is free. so you get the tablet for 15 a month, but you don't pay for the plan
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
The offer is super tempting esp as I am in the market for a tablet anyways but no way I'm renewing my Fido contract with the current plan

If only retention offered me a good deal :(
Jun 15, 2020
395 posts
540 upvotes
Ontario
Any Fido customer's here who got this offer by calling without getting the text?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1711 posts
2485 upvotes
Ontario
So actually free for a new tablet and 4GB plan or is there those hidden taxes etc and expect to see $3-4 a month?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)