Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 5:37 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1660 posts
742 upvotes
This is a nice review of the 16gb 2GB RAM T5....the one we are getting from Fido is 32gb 3GB version which would be more powerful.

Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1660 posts
742 upvotes
I am thinking to add a Pencil & Keyboard case to the T5 and make it as close as (or better) than what a Chromebook can offer us...anyone interested can dive into some research and suggestions please & thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5256 posts
3165 upvotes
M-Arkham
mikka2017 wrote: im on the 5$ t5 used tablet 4gb plan! still haven't used the sim card yet! does the data auto stop at 4gb? tia
im in the same boat, I got the $5/month CPO T5, still haven't touched my 4GB sim card yet for use, it's just sitting in one of my old phone as a emergency hot spot.

I just see it as a deal to get the huawei T5 10" tablet at $120
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Sep 20th, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Jun 3, 2009
8 posts
3 upvotes
was just offered the same $0 for 4GB data/month on other tablets as well. ipad 8th gen is at $25/month for 24 months with $0 4GB data. is this a good deal?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5256 posts
3165 upvotes
M-Arkham
o0nini0o wrote: was just offered the same $0 for 4GB data/month on other tablets as well. ipad 8th gen is at $25/month for 24 months with $0 4GB data. is this a good deal?
Is the ipad 8th gen worth $600 to you?
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1660 posts
742 upvotes
o0nini0o wrote: was just offered the same $0 for 4GB data/month on other tablets as well. ipad 8th gen is at $25/month for 24 months with $0 4GB data. is this a good deal?
Yes only if you were planning to buy iPad 8 Wifi Only outright from Apple Store, only advantage here is you will get a LTE SIM version of device + Free 4Gb data to use everymonth for 24months. Decision is yours if you like to go with iPad. Person to person it differs which Tablet they like to get , major deal here is the Free 4gb service for 24months which can be stacked with any Tablet of your choice on financing.
Dec 14, 2018
36 posts
25 upvotes
Hello, I have read the thread summary and I have a question about the actual issue if you switch providers.

From what I understand the lines are bound so if you cancel the mobile one, it will also cancel the tablet, and one would need to pay the balance reminding on the tablet. However, another comment on the thread also mentioned that you don't need to cancel the tablet plan and would simply lose the discount, so will need to pay $10/month for the tablet plan until the contract ends.

So I called Fido once I received the promotion and asked what would happen if I switch providers once my contract ends (I am still in a contract that will end in a few months). And the guy told me that there aren't any issues if I switch providers once my contract ends as I am receiving the promotion while being a Fido customer in a contract, and that the tablet plan will remain free until the the 24 months expire and I would then have to pay for the service. Has anyone received similar info for already being in a contract?
Dec 3, 2006
329 posts
83 upvotes

Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Aside from USB C on Samsung 8.4 Tab, what are other good things which is better than the Huawei Tab? I am still inclined towards Huawei 10inch Tab..and regarding micro usb which was a universal port for gadgets past 10 years, I still have many devices with micro usb with 5yrs or more and still not giving any problem, but yes if we blindly insert the charger without looking at the port it may then break over time. I believe many of us (micro usb charger users) are knowledgeable how to to insert the charger in micro usb port.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10728 posts
2925 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
lightroller wrote: Hello, I have read the thread summary and I have a question about the actual issue if you switch providers.

From what I understand the lines are bound so if you cancel the mobile one, it will also cancel the tablet, and one would need to pay the balance reminding on the tablet. However, another comment on the thread also mentioned that you don't need to cancel the tablet plan and would simply lose the discount, so will need to pay $10/month for the tablet plan until the contract ends.

So I called Fido once I received the promotion and asked what would happen if I switch providers once my contract ends (I am still in a contract that will end in a few months). And the guy told me that there aren't any issues if I switch providers once my contract ends as I am receiving the promotion while being a Fido customer in a contract, and that the tablet plan will remain free until the the 24 months expire and I would then have to pay for the service. Has anyone received similar info for already being in a contract?
I asked and was told that as long as the line for my tablet remains open that I can port/close my other lines and not have to pay off the tablet tab or pay for the data (until the 2 years runs out).
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1214 posts
325 upvotes
Westside
I was able to get this through an "upgrade" on my current free for 24 months 4GB data line. Free tablet and another 2 years of free data. Thanks OP!
Jun 14, 2018
136 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
dataRFD wrote: I was able to get this through an "upgrade" on my current free for 24 months 4GB data line. Free tablet and another 2 years of free data. Thanks OP!
How did you do it?
Apr 5, 2020
14 posts
1 upvote
Quick question here, I got this offer from Fido by calling them up and talking to a CSR agent who confirmed my eligibilty.

He has assured me that there are literally no costs, and also confirmed that the Activation Fee will be waived although I may see it as a charge which will be reimbursed next billing cycle.
However, I've received today an email from Fido with info about some monthly payment. Is it normal?
Images
  • Screenshot_3.png
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1660 posts
742 upvotes
lamkal wrote: Quick question here, I got this offer from Fido by calling them up and talking to a CSR agent who confirmed my eligibilty.

He has assured me that there are literally no costs, and also confirmed that the Activation Fee will be waived although I may see it as a charge which will be reimbursed next billing cycle.
However, I've received today an email from Fido with info about some monthly payment. Is it normal?
It says..you have a $15 Discount on the plan, the 4gb plan is now being offered for $10 ($5 discount is here) - So the remaining $10 is reflected in the Discount section of $15. (before tax) ...therefore On your bill you will see a charge as well as a discount making it $0 for plan and the hardware is $0 if you have choosen a $0 tablet
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1660 posts
742 upvotes
lamkal wrote: Quick question here, I got this offer from Fido by calling them up and talking to a CSR agent who confirmed my eligibilty.

Can you tell me which date have you placed your order , which day your order was processed with shipping email.? It’s been 4-5 days for me and still my order is not processed
Apr 5, 2020
14 posts
1 upvote
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Can you tell me which date have you placed your order , which day your order was processed with shipping email.? It’s been 4-5 days for me and still my order is not processed
I called Fido on Monday and the order was placed the next day. I guess it depends on an agent you're dealing with.