Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14154 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
Marchall wrote: Been with Fido for 13 years. 3 lines + internet.

The only free item I got from them is yellow umbrella Grinning Face
There's been a few decent freebies from Harvey's and Second Cup too.

I never seem to be targeted for these tablet+free data offers either.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9229 posts
1813 upvotes
Montreal
Marchall wrote: Been with Fido for 13 years. 3 lines + internet.

The only free item I got from them is yellow umbrella Grinning Face
I've been with Fido when Fido was not owned by Rogers, more than 13 years I believe. Practically the first year they launched....all I got was a Swatch watch once and a call once saying how nice that I've long I've been with them. You'd think they would text me with this offer, idiots.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33987 posts
19825 upvotes
Ottawa
yuprules wrote: I've been with Fido when Fido was not owned by Rogers, more than 13 years I believe. Practically the first year they launched....all I got was a Swatch watch once and a call once saying how nice that I've long I've been with them. You'd think they would text me with this offer, idiots.
Don't be naive... loyalty doesn't mean shit.
Sep 14, 2020
122 posts
65 upvotes
dbusguy wrote: Received this offer from Fido today
Huawei T5 tablet FREE
4 GB /mth for 24 mth FREE
YMMV - targeted offer
Do you have a voice plan too? Did they send you this text to your voice plan?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1292 posts
256 upvotes
I'm paying 5 a month for this sigh wish I held out lol
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1292 posts
256 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Just called and was able to get this offer. 4GB data plan $0 for 2 years + T5 32gb tablet for $0.
$40 activation fee
She checked and the Samsung 8.4 is also eligible but it is $5/month for 2 years instead of $0 like the T5

Thanks op!
Try doing it through live chat, usually activation fees are waived when not done over the phone.
Sep 20, 2007
847 posts
304 upvotes
GVRD
dairymandip wrote: I'm paying 5 a month for this sigh wish I held out lol
get another one to offset the cost, if you have an use for second tablet with data line. :-p
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4528 posts
6156 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't know how all of yous missed this, but we are enjoying weird freebies from Fido for years and years... and there is ongoing thread here:

[Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $10, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

It' is up-to-date and reading OP & Thread Summary will give you several ideas, firstly that, yes, you can cancel your voice line afterwards [if you don't sign new phone line contract with this particular promo!] and also give alot ideas to those of yous who never received this offer on how to go about it and get free data plan, and tablet either free or even for -$5 etc...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1018 posts
1122 upvotes
Dang if I’m not a customer is it even possible to get this?
Apr 26, 2019
34 posts
4 upvotes
MrBear2019 wrote: When I asked them about it, yes, you basically had to get your phone plan on contract as well. Back when I got the offer, there was no way to get into a BYOD contract (since that doesn't make sense lol) so I was being forced to get a phone as well. Luckily they were selling an iPhone 6S for $0 down so it was basically a free phone. They were literally giving me a free phone, tablet and data plan for no extra cost if I signed a piece of paper agreeing to stay with them for 2 years. Face With Tears Of Joy
$0 down but there's still a monthly cost over the 2 year term, the iPhone 6S is $3/month for Certified Pre-Owned, $5/month New on Clearance, x24 months=$74-$120, no not free but still cheap (cost of a donut & coffee or 2 once a month), Alternatives in that price range (all $5/month=$120 over 2 years) is the Samsung Galaxy A20 (New, on Clearance), Motorola Moto G7 Play (New, on Clearance), Google Pixel 3a (Certified Pre-Owned), Samsung Galaxy A10e (Certified Pre-Owned).
Last edited by LordLetto on Sep 15th, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 21, 2011
759 posts
649 upvotes
Knowhere
vkizzle wrote: Don't be naive... loyalty doesn't mean shit.
Same thing for jobs, you get higher salary if you move..... Or you have to have a job offer from somewhere else.....
Feb 22, 2011
397 posts
199 upvotes
got the same offer by text today, I can confirm that the activation fee is waived by doing it through chat.

hard to argue with this type of deal lol