Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Apr 5, 2007
29 posts
2 upvotes
Got a text from Fido for a free T5 with free data for 2 years. Confirmed with Fido that the deal is real.... but am without contract on cell phone.. and this "free deal" locks you in for two years..so if you cancel your service with Fido you pay the remaining months for the tablet. Fido has it worth $360 so 360/24 is the monthly commitment ...paying for remaining months... Looks like a low end camera.. maybe stuck on Android 8... but full HD and big battery.
Best Buy reseller has them for under $250.00 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hu ... d/14181912
Hot or Not for free?
Aug 5, 2012
278 posts
133 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got one last Thursday when looking for voice & data plan. I had home internet and another 50% tablet data plan with them at the time, now 1 home internet & 2 tablet plans. The 2 tablet plans together $17.50, 3gb+4gb. I have not received any messages from Fido about any offering.

The tablet is faster than Lenovo P10 as well as Gpad 3.

My was done in store and activation fee wasn't waived.
Jul 16, 2019
59 posts
27 upvotes
From the sounds of it, you have to pay for the tablet via tab? It's just 0 down?
They probably got them very cheap, spreading Chinese spyware around Canada.
May 4, 2018
35 posts
74 upvotes
Newmarket
Marchall wrote: Been with Fido for 13 years. 3 lines + internet.

The only free item I got from them is yellow umbrella Grinning Face
But joking aside. To be fair.
All this years I was able to get good deals on phones/loyalty plans. Hence - 13 years with Fido Thumbs Up Sign
Jul 16, 2019
86 posts
50 upvotes
Thanks Op. Upvoted. I have 5 of these lines, 15$/mo. May get another one, two Tablets already paid off. Used them as data on dual sim phone(s). Pair this off with $99/year from Freedom and you're good to go. I may add another line.
Apr 27, 2008
127 posts
49 upvotes
@MrBear2019 @briand1989 @mazemos @Dealscavenger613 I also received this offer by text today (I'm on a BYOD plan). I chatted online with Fido and signed up for the offer today for the free Huawei tablet and free data plan. Make sure you are on a good phone plan first before signing up, because I doubt they will give you any decent phone plans once you sign up for this offer, because as stated in the terms and conditions on my order confirmation, it says "Your can make payments towards the Easy Pay balance to lower the monthly payment, but the 24 months term will remain unchanged. Your Easy Pay is associated to your cell phone line. If you ever cancel your cellphone line, you'd have to pay your Easy Pay balance."

There is really no Easy Pay balance to pay each month because the monthly bill credit will make each month free, but, if you leave Fido, then yeah, you will to pay for the remaining months for the tablet because there will be no more bill credits then.

I figured they would do this, so before I signed up for the offer, I asked to move to a cheaper plan. I was previously on $75 for 10Gb and they weren't willing to give me anything decent for MONTHS, but today, they offered me the advertised $50 for 9Gb BYOD plan. It's not the best deal but I'm quite happy with it, especially since I'm unwilling to port out just to get the $50 for 15Gb deal.

$40 Activation fee is also waived too. I did it through live chat.

Even though I'm stuck for 24 months with the tablet plan, I really don't mind because I know I'll be with Fido anyways. It's great because I get a free tablet that my daughter can bring to school to use and not have to worry about her breaking it, and also give her the sim card from the tablet to use in my old phone or something instead of a phone plan so it's win-win situation.

By the way, the CSR said you can not make calls using this sim card (but it has a phone number attached to it) but I'm sure you can, it will just cost you a fortune to make a call.
Nov 28, 2010
130 posts
71 upvotes
Vancouver
You're wondering if a free tablet and 4GB of data is a hot deal??
Aug 7, 2019
776 posts
265 upvotes
Good deal. The sort of stuff it is worth switching to Fido for. If you're locked in for two years anyway, see if they also have any promo for a phone on contract.
Sep 14, 2020
152 posts
75 upvotes
DP (Data point):

I managed to snag this offer without any SMS and no voice line.

Just started the chat and said I received this offer. Told the offer details and she said will check. Came back saying I'm eligible and gave me the conditions (free tablet, 100% 24m discount (reg $10 monthly), activation fee waived).

Super straightforward. Thanks OP! No clue why so many neg votes. Free tablet and free plan is 100 up votes!
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5603 posts
1709 upvotes
I got this offer sometime last year I think.

It was a free Samsung or Huawei tablet under the same conditions.

I never had to pay anything. I went to do it in store and the guy working told me he knew how to apply the discounts properly so I wouldn’t be charged at all. Others at the time were charged for a few months and eventually had the charges credited, I believe.

A few of my friends got this offer by text months before me, and I tried contacting fido to see if I could get it. I spoke to a rep and he said it needed to be showing in the account for it to be added. It looks like some people got it without having any business from Fido, if I’m reading the posts properly. Things may have changed though.

I’ve never used the tablet; it’s still brand new in the box. I will use it when my iPad dies. Just need to remember to contact fido to cancel the plan.
Jul 7, 2004
287 posts
116 upvotes
Me262A1 wrote: DP (Data point):

I managed to snag this offer without any SMS and no voice line.

Just started the chat and said I received this offer. Told the offer details and she said will check. Came back saying I'm eligible and gave me the conditions (free tablet, 100% 24m discount (reg $10 monthly), activation fee waived).

Super straightforward. Thanks OP! No clue why so many neg votes. Free tablet and free plan is 100 up votes!
So, you mean you go this Free 4GB data plan with free tablet without a main voice line? You have another tablet plan on contract with FIDO?
Shaw > Freedom
Telus > Koodo > Public > CMLink
Rogers: > Fido > Chatr > Zoomer > Cityfone > 7-Eleven > Petro Canada
Bell > Virgin > Lucky > President Choice
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9262 posts
1830 upvotes
Montreal
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: sure at $6/minute
This is not correct, you can't even receive SMS on this new 4GB tablet plan which sucks, you can't even setup WhatsApp on it because you can't receive the SMS (unless you can get a work around).
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1160 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA
The tablet is pretty bad and you can’t upgrade the OS.
But the free 4GB data every month is good.