Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1315 posts
282 upvotes
tried getting the offer and agent wanted a copy of the offer sigh
Aug 8, 2018
67 posts
52 upvotes
Me262A1 wrote: DP (Data point):

I managed to snag this offer without any SMS and no voice line.

Just started the chat and said I received this offer. Told the offer details and she said will check. Came back saying I'm eligible and gave me the conditions (free tablet, 100% 24m discount (reg $10 monthly), activation fee waived).

Super straightforward. Thanks OP! No clue why so many neg votes. Free tablet and free plan is 100 up votes!
Do you have any services at all with Fido. I recently got the internet. Thinking of going the same route.

Edit: Tried it, No go.
Last edited by s09milligan on Sep 16th, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2004
296 posts
131 upvotes
thollhem wrote: 1 down vote for not a good price. How is free not a good price?
People will down vote when those keywords below appears in the title. No matter it is good price or even free.
Huawei
China Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Bell
Hyundai
KIA
Telus > Koodo > Public > CMLink / Rogers: > Fido > Chatr > Zoomer > Cityfone > 7-Eleven > Petro Canada / Bell > Virgin > Lucky > President Choice / Shaw > Freedom
Jul 10, 2008
212 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
roosterOON wrote: I got one last Thursday when looking for voice & data plan. I had home internet and another 50% tablet data plan with them at the time, now 1 home internet & 2 tablet plans. The 2 tablet plans together $17.50, 3gb+4gb. I have not received any messages from Fido about any offering.

The tablet is faster than Lenovo P10 as well as Gpad 3.

My was done in store and activation fee wasn't waived.
So get this without having phone line/plan with them ?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1590 posts
979 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
thollhem wrote: 1 down vote for not a good price. How is free not a good price?
The price is a 2 year contract, for a non ipad tablet. Unless its a flagship Samsung tablet, android tablets are always super slow and you'll find yourself going back to using your phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2467 posts
1686 upvotes
yuprules wrote: This is not correct, you can't even receive SMS on this new 4GB tablet plan which sucks, you can't even setup WhatsApp on it because you can't receive the SMS (unless you can get a work around).
When activating the plan they apply a code to your account to block all calls/texts. You can ask for them not to apply the code but they warn you that you will be charged a huge amount for every outgoing AND incoming SMS and phone call
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9325 posts
1879 upvotes
Montreal
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: When activating the plan they apply a code to your account to block all calls/texts. You can ask for them not to apply the code but they warn you that you will be charged a huge amount for every outgoing AND incoming SMS and phone call
You've done this and it works? How much is this HUGE charge for incoming calls and SMS? Look if it's 50 cents each for the random text I need to setup my WhatsApp, I'll absorb it.

I also don't understand the down votes, it's a FREE 4 GB data plan for 2 years with a free tablet (yes it's contracted, yes the tablet is "so so", but if you are on a good plan on your phone and won't change for two years...it's a great deal to get 4GB FREE for your kid or your second Pokémon Go account).
Last edited by yuprules on Sep 16th, 2020 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jul 10, 2008
212 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga
ssjlancer wrote: The price is a 2 year contract, for a non ipad tablet. Unless its a flagship Samsung tablet, android tablets are always super slow and you'll find yourself going back to using your phone.
so $o 2 years contract to get free tablet & 4GB data service for 2 year . Deals depend on price , if this is $15/Month , not good , but how come $0 is not good deal
If you buy IPAD for 699 , it's ok, if you get same IPAD for $399 , it's deal and RFDers will run for that .
Mar 20, 2019
57 posts
54 upvotes
I got the same tablet, however do know that this tablet is horrible and very slow. Even the most basic task will freeze and lag, super annoying. Sold it, got a Samsung Tab a 2020 for almost the same price I sold it for.

Edit: opps, i just realized i wrote tab 3 lol. by bad
Last edited by IstiakK83692 on Sep 16th, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2920 posts
895 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this actually the 4GB data plan like everyone's assuming, or is it just a talk plan that they're offering a bit of free data on top of?
Sep 5, 2020
22 posts
11 upvotes
IstiakK83692 wrote: I got the same tablet, however do know that this tablet is horrible and very slow. Even the most basic task will freeze and lag, super annoying. Sold it, got a Samsung Tab3 for the same price I sold it for.
How much did you end up selling it for?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5005 posts
3470 upvotes
Vancouver
Huawei is probably paying Fido to put their spy machine in people's homes. Nothing is 'free'. :)

Ron.
Apr 14, 2019
803 posts
716 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Huawei is probably paying Fido to put their spy machine in people's homes. Nothing is 'free'. :)

Ron.
yes it's called bu$ine$$
look around you
it's ALL bu$ine$$
$tay home, $ave lives, while the government rape$ the economy on behalf of billionaire$. It’$ not the principle, it’$ the MONEY!
Dec 3, 2003
98 posts
39 upvotes
yuprules wrote: You've done this and it works? How much is this HUGE charge for incoming calls and SMS? Look if it's 50 cents each for the random text I need to setup my WhatsApp, I'll absorb it.
I have the older 3 GB plan with the free tablet and calls are $1 per minute and texts are I believe 50c each. There also seems to be a long distance charge of 55c per minute if you call or receive calls outside of your registered city. So receiving a call from Vancouver, if you live in Surrey, results in an additional 55c per minute. Not sure if the same rates apply to the newer 4GB plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1637 posts
665 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Huawei is probably paying Fido to put their spy machine in people's homes. Nothing is 'free'. :)

Ron.
rcnrcnrcn wrote: yes it's called bu$ine$$
look around you
it's ALL bu$ine$$
Kinda like other companies offering cheap/free Google spy products, Huawei learns from the best Winking Face