Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1315 posts
282 upvotes
I have the tablet its not bad for watching netflix, plex etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3244 posts
592 upvotes
Winnipeg
I tried via chat, they asked where I saw it, told them a friend had it and we have the same plans, he looked at my acct, and says there is nothing in my account for that offer and got shot down... they offered the standard stuffs (like $5 credit for add a line) but I passed... wish they give this offer to everyone who has a line...
Feb 4, 2007
166 posts
55 upvotes
Ottawa
khulit wrote: I tried via chat, they asked where I saw it, told them a friend had it and we have the same plans, he looked at my acct, and says there is nothing in my account for that offer and got shot down... they offered the standard stuffs (like $5 credit for add a line) but I passed... wish they give this offer to everyone who has a line...
It shows $0/month so it's free online. I actually took the CPO one instead to get the $5 monthly credit so it costs only $5 a month for 4GB data and free tablet.
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/dev ... ls-1009197
Sep 26, 2013
82 posts
122 upvotes
IstiakK83692 wrote: I got the same tablet, however do know that this tablet is horrible and very slow. Even the most basic task will freeze and lag, super annoying. Sold it, got a Samsung Tab3 for almost the same price I sold it for.
I have 2 of this tablet in the house. strange i didn't experience any lag or slow downs. Majorly using them for youtube/netflix/prime video. I guess it depends on the app you are running.
Apr 15, 2019
62 posts
119 upvotes
I chatted with the customer service rep and she told me the following

"We need to process a credit evaluation to check your eligibility for this new activation. This is a common and necessary procedure even for our current customers, is that okay for you"

Did anyone else also had the same experience too?
Mar 20, 2019
57 posts
54 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: I have 2 of this tablet in the house. strange i didn't experience any lag or slow downs. Majorly using them for youtube/netflix/prime video. I guess it depends on the app you are running.
Actually I bought it for media consumption as well (netflix/prime video/etc and to read pfd files). I thought mine was the only was that was giving issue, my gf's one was pretty similar with the lags. She returned it for the samsung tablet (not that much better but less lag) and i just sold mine and bought the new cheap samsung tablet. But the 4gb is unbetable for that free tablet. Can't complain, lol.
Nov 5, 2018
27 posts
29 upvotes
I have the same tablet. I had it on 5g wifi and it was laggy for a few months. Once I switched to non 5g it was fine and pretty much fixed the tablet.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3244 posts
592 upvotes
Winnipeg
newbie07 wrote: It shows $0/month so it's free online. I actually took the CPO one instead to get the $5 monthly credit so it costs only $5 a month for 4GB data and free tablet.
https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/dev ... ls-1009197
This offer is $0 for tablet and $0 for monthly fee for 4GB plan... the CPO one is $0 for tablet and $10 for the plan with $5 credit (making it $5 monthly) which has been for a couple of months already

$0 is better than $5 monthly
Sep 14, 2020
273 posts
149 upvotes
net_essential wrote: So, you mean you go this Free 4GB data plan with free tablet without a main voice line? You have another tablet plan on contract with FIDO?
s09milligan wrote: Do you have any services at all with Fido. I recently got the internet. Thinking of going the same route.

Edit: Tried it, No go.
Yes had another tablet plan
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10747 posts
2940 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
anmolberi wrote: I chatted with the customer service rep and she told me the following

"We need to process a credit evaluation to check your eligibility for this new activation. This is a common and necessary procedure even for our current customers, is that okay for you"

Nope, they didn’t mention that at all to me.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10747 posts
2940 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: When activating the plan they apply a code to your account to block all calls/texts. You can ask for them not to apply the code but they warn you that you will be charged a huge amount for every outgoing AND incoming SMS and phone call
Are you sure they block it completely? I’d actually prefer they block all sms and calls since I want to stick the SIM in my kids iPhone as a data only service and would hate to be changed the massive SMS (and calls?) PPU fees I’ve heard about in the past. Wasn’t it something like $5 per text? Guess I’ll call and confirm it’s completely blocked.

Checked the Fido forums and it seems like texts are blocked.
Just wanted to provide an update on incoming SMS with our current data-only plans.

These plans are intended for tablets and incoming SMS will not work. They do however still have an incoming SMS option attached but the only incoming SMS that will work are alerts such as the $50 data overage notification. Regular texts will unfortunately not be received.

If you have one of these plans are not not using it on a tablet and need text messaging don't hesitate to contact us so that we can review your options for a different plan. Thank you!
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1699 posts
252 upvotes
anmolberi wrote: I chatted with the customer service rep and she told me the following

Same. I asked to confirm if I am eligible for the offer before proceed with the credit evaluation. then got this reply: "I verified your account and I don't see this offer being available. However you're eligible to get a free pair of urBeats when you add a line with an iPhone 11 on your account. You would also get a $5 monthly discount for 24 months"
Sep 5, 2020
22 posts
11 upvotes
So the 4gb a month gets added to my current 9gb plan making it 13 GB? I'll do it for that alone if it's true.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1315 posts
282 upvotes
xsea1525 wrote: So the 4gb a month gets added to my current 9gb plan making it 13 GB? I'll do it for that alone if it's true.
not exactly you get a sim, if you're phone is dual sim you can take advantage of the extra 4gb that way