Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1492 posts
858 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm on the $15/3GB data plan. I use it in my phone with voip.ms. When I try to get the T5 online I get the "oops. something went wrong message". I seem to be able to get the ZTE Grand X View 4 though.
What happens if I get the ZTE, stick the sim in my phone and then cancel my 3GB plan?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1298 posts
258 upvotes
Sievert wrote: I'm on the $15/3GB data plan. I use it in my phone with voip.ms. When I try to get the T5 online I get the "oops. something went wrong message". I seem to be able to get the ZTE Grand X View 4 though.
What happens if I get the ZTE, stick the sim in my phone and then cancel my 3GB plan?
you just can't receive text messages with this data plan
Mar 7, 2011
156 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote: For the same price? And they had to ask? But as I posted earlier, I don't even see the CPO T5 on their website.
Right on the Fido website it says 32GB and if you get CPO, another $5 off (Look under promotions). When she ordered the tablet she asked me if I would like 16GB or 32GB version. I guess they have both available, but I said 32GB. That's what they advertise on their website and 16Gb not even an option. I was surprised they even asked me if I wanted the 16GB.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13484 posts
3750 upvotes
VANCOUVER
rf34as wrote: Right on the Fido website it says 32GB and if you get CPO, another $5 off (Look under promotions). When she ordered the tablet she asked me if I would like 16GB or 32GB version. I guess they have both available, but I said 32GB. That's what they advertise on their website and 16Gb not even an option. I was surprised they even asked me if I wanted the 16GB.
Ok, so it's not listed as a separate item, but as an option withing the brand new one.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5605 posts
1709 upvotes
karlb wrote: The tablet is pretty bad and you can’t upgrade the OS.
But the free 4GB data every month is good.
If you don’t like your free tablet, you can send it to me.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5605 posts
1709 upvotes
khulit wrote: I tried via chat, they asked where I saw it, told them a friend had it and we have the same plans, he looked at my acct, and says there is nothing in my account for that offer and got shot down... they offered the standard stuffs (like $5 credit for add a line) but I passed... wish they give this offer to everyone who has a line...
If you threaten them with a lawsuit, your changes of getting it are good.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5605 posts
1709 upvotes
xsea1525 wrote: So the 4gb a month gets added to my current 9gb plan making it 13 GB? I'll do it for that alone if it's true.
It’s considered another line. The tablet line gets an additional number.
Last edited by Balduno on Sep 17th, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5605 posts
1709 upvotes
Alekxqin wrote: The tablet is free and the plan is $0 for 24 months, but do you still have to pay taxes?
I didn’t have to when I got this last year. Things may have changed though.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1160 posts
1268 upvotes
GTA
Balduno wrote: If you don’t like your free tablet, you can send it to me.
You’re way too late. I gave it away a long tine ago. :)
Aug 5, 2012
278 posts
133 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jason.lqs wrote: So get this without having phone line/plan with them ?
No phone line plan, just tablet data plan.
Aug 10, 2003
365 posts
98 upvotes
how's this tablet compared to the Samsung Tab A 8.0? (i know smaller screen, but performance wise?)
Jul 28, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
Got the text and was able to get the deal.
I’m on BYOD no contract plan.
Was offered between Huawei or ZTE tablet, or can choose Samsung / iPad if I’m willing to pay each month.
I chose the huawei one since it has a bigger screen.
Basically the only catch is if you cancel your phone line within 2 years, you will need to pay $10/month until contract ends.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4552 posts
6210 upvotes
Vancouver
ZeroM8 wrote: Thanks Op. Upvoted. I have 5 of these lines, 15$/mo. May get another one, two Tablets already paid off. Used them as data on dual sim phone(s). Pair this off with $99/year from Freedom and you're good to go. I may add another line.
If you are paying full price for each and every of these data lines, you are doing something wrong...

I am [and many, many others!] are riding it free for a very long time, so you could to! And _anyone else+ for that matter...

Look here [Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $10, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

It's up-to-date; do what title says, then ask questions if something isn't clear!

EDIT: Also explains what to do if you ARE NOT FIDO CUSTOMER but want this deal....
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1890 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It seems to me Fido is trying so hard to get rid of Huawei products, even with a 24 months free data plan, lol