Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Get a $0 tablet on a FREE 2-year tablet plan (targeted) (Read Thread Summary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 3:41 pm
Sep 20, 2007
847 posts
304 upvotes
GVRD
I had my Huawei T5 10 (32GB/3GB RAM) for couple of month. It's pretty good for media consumption. It does have some glitches while using some TV streaming apps (mainly with Sportsnet app). Other minor complaint is the OS version. It's stuck at Android 8 (EMUI 8.0.0). At least it did receive may 2020 security update. It is significantly better than it's predecessor (T3 10) which had weaker processor and display.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9269 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
bajemail wrote: If the promotion is right on their website, wondering why can one not have this deal? Any other restrictions other than having a Fido phone line?

https://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/dev ... ls-1009197

That link you posted above isn't the same promotion, you have to PAY for the 4GB of data. This promotion is $0 for the tablet AND $0 a month for 4GB of tablet data a month for 24 months.
ceredon wrote: Does anyone know if a Fido line with a SIM can be moved to an esim?
eSim: https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-De ... d-p/137426

Additional information, they can now snail mail you the e-sim qr code that your phone needs to scan to activate the e-sim. Not sure if they can e-mail it, might be intercepted...unsure, ask Chat.

I don't think they give you an e-sim this deal though, it's a tablet plan not a regular smartphone plan.
Last edited by yuprules on Sep 18th, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9269 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
Pompeii wrote: Sorry if it's a dumb question but after the 24 months is up would I have to pay anything?
The free 4GB of data with this deal lasts only 24 months, if you forget to set a proper cancellation date, you will pay the going rate of the 4GB tablet data plan.

But yes, if you keep this plan for 24 months, you pay $0, zip, nada. You get a free tablet and 4GB of free tablet data per month for 24 months. (This deal was targeted via SMS or SOME people got it via chat. If you use the link on the Fido website, it's a free tablet only and PAID 4GB of data per month).
Jun 13, 2019
517 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
yuprules wrote: The free 4GB of data with this deal lasts only 24 months, if you forget to set a proper cancellation date, you will pay the going rate of the 4GB tablet data plan.

But yes, if you keep this plan for 24 months, you pay $0, zip, nada. You get a free tablet and 4GB of free tablet data per month for 24 months. (This deal was targeted via SMS or SOME people got it via chat. If you use the link on the Fido website, it's a free tablet only and PAID 4GB of data per month).
It's the story of every year.. :)
May 6, 2006
151 posts
57 upvotes
Victoria
I got this from Rogers when I upgraded my wife to the iphone 11 pro
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic
Jul 16, 2019
86 posts
50 upvotes
max011 wrote: If you are paying full price for each and every of these data lines, you are doing something wrong...

I am [and many, many others!] are riding it free for a very long time, so you could to! And _anyone else+ for that matter...

Look here [Fido] 4GB LTE Data Plan $10, BYOD, no contract (Read OP & Thread Summary 1st)

It's up-to-date; do what title says, then ask questions if something isn't clear!

EDIT: Also explains what to do if you ARE NOT FIDO CUSTOMER but want this deal....
Should have been more clear. I have 6 of these lines (big family ;) )yes. It's 4GB/$15 each, but only been paying for three @15$ and $7.50 on the 4th. The two are basically free. So $52.50 pre tax for 24GB distributed to all family members.

The $7.50 was because I had overage one time and called them to waive but instead they offered half price. Now incidentally I just had an overage again last month (failed to switch SIMs was busy) close to 500MB so I got charged extra $10. Called Fido to waive it again, instead they offered me 0$/mo on one of those lines that my daughter uses :)

All those lines came with FREE Tablet, and waived on Activation fees. So can't really complain. In fact I DO NOT have a voice/text line, just using VOIP. I stumbled into a Fido store one day and got offered this data plan.

That's why I may get again on another free plan soon...
Last edited by ZeroM8 on Sep 18th, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2020
156 posts
79 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Just to add my .02. I like my T5 much more than the Tab A. I got the Tab A mainly for the more mobility-friendly size and the larger internal storage. But the T5 is just more premium overall.
They both have 32GB internal (as long as fido sends the 32GB 3GB ram).

I agree that spec wise, the T5 blows the Tab A. Only problem is only android 8 and it being a huawei (tin foil hat on)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13484 posts
3750 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Me262A1 wrote: They both have 32GB internal (as long as fido sends the 32GB 3GB ram).

I agree that spec wise, the T5 blows the Tab A. Only problem is only android 8 and it being a huawei (tin foil hat on)
The CPO T5 from a couple of months ago only had 16GB, unfortunately.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5605 posts
1709 upvotes
Pompeii wrote: Sorry if it's a dumb question but after the 24 months is up would I have to pay anything?
Yeah whatever the monthly charge is. Or you can cancel and keep the free tablet.
Jun 15, 2020
173 posts
188 upvotes
Ontario
$50 for 9GB is a pretty decent deal, and yeah porting out just for the 15GB is a bit stupid if you have 8GB+ (IMO)

BTW I don't know how old or picky your daughter is but, the tablet is really really slow. Neutral Face
Dec 3, 2006
329 posts
83 upvotes
Tab A 8.4 2020 uses Type C Data/Charge cable

while

T5 32gb/3gb RAM still uses old Micro USB cable

For me MicroUSB devices breaks faster on wear and tear vs devices using the latest Type C cable.
My Bell Retention Plan: Using a HTC Raider 4G LTE
200 + 100 Bonus Daytime Minutes, Nat Fab10, 100 Minutes CDN LD, Unlimited Incoming Calls, 6pm Unlimited Evenings & Weekends, Unlimited Outgoing Text, Unlimited Incoming Text, Unlimited Picture & Video Messaging, 6GB LTE Data, Unlimited Social Messaging, VoiceMail and Caller ID
After Fees & Taxes is $71.20 Monthly
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12170 posts
3292 upvotes
Scarberia
im on the 5$ t5 used tablet 4gb plan! still haven't used the sim card yet! does the data auto stop at 4gb? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1540 posts
150 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: im on the 5$ t5 used tablet 4gb plan! still haven't used the sim card yet! does the data auto stop at 4gb? tia
I have 2 data lines one signed up last year it does not stop other signed up last month it show on plan detail in your account say it will stop at your limit 4GB but i have not try it.
Aug 22, 2009
460 posts
423 upvotes
Ottawa
Chatting with Fido CSR right now, looks like I am eligible for the offer. T5 10 32GB tablet for $0 with 15 dollar credit for 24 months making it $0 for the 2 year term. Have it confirmed and will save chat.

Agent is activating and will have to call in after bill is generated to waive activation fee.

Thanks OP. Third time is the charm for me :)
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1673 posts
746 upvotes
rvn wrote: Tab A 8.4 2020 uses Type C Data/Charge cable

while

T5 32gb/3gb RAM still uses old Micro USB cable

For me MicroUSB devices breaks faster on wear and tear vs devices using the latest Type C cable.
Aside from USB C on Samsung 8.4 Tab, what are other good things which is better than the Huawei Tab? I am still inclined towards Huawei 10inch Tab..and regarding micro usb which was a universal port for gadgets past 10 years, I still have many devices with micro usb with 5yrs or more and still not giving any problem, but yes if we blindly insert the charger without looking at the port it may then break over time. I believe many of us (micro usb charger users) are knowledgeable how to to insert the charger in micro usb port.