Home Internet: 50% off 75 and 150 Mbps, $37.50 and $42.50

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2021 10:15 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
dHelpfuldude wrote: how many cables do you get from the node? is it single in the house with splitter?
not sure how many comes in... but once it hits the property it splits 271 ways! each of those gets split out to 2-3 outlets.
Mar 13, 2021
139 posts
125 upvotes
actng wrote: not sure how many comes in... but once it hits the property it splits 271 ways! each of those gets split out to 2-3 outlets.
Yes, the point is that both of your connections are on a single line. so if Rogers CMTS goes down, both wont work.
so I suggested to have dual wan setup using different technologies,
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
dHelpfuldude wrote: Yes, the point is that both of your connections are on a single line. so if Rogers CMTS goes down, both wont work.
so I suggested to have dual wan setup using different technologies,
man you know so much! thank you for sharing that!! what field of work are you in?
What's CMTS? how do you get more than a single line?
Mar 13, 2021
139 posts
125 upvotes
actng wrote: man you know so much! thank you for sharing that!! what field of work are you in?
What's CMTS? how do you get more than a single line?
dont worry about it. i have been working in IT for long time.
CMTS is how cable modems are maintained by providers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_mod ... ion_system
Rogers will not run an additional line for you if you need a second line ( or will be very expensive)
if you have one rogers line on cable and one on bell ( fiber or telephone) you essentially have a second technology that you can rely on.,

for comparison, rogers business internet have a LTE fallback .
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone want transfer of responsibility for my Fido 75mbps for $32.50, switching over to Rogers. it's a 12 month discount until November 2021. PM me (NOT SELLING, FREE OF CHARGE)
Billing starts April 1/2
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Did everyone get the $150 gc yet?
I got mine from BF, just as I called, the email actually came through, came I believe 1-2 months after registration
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3885 posts
2744 upvotes
Toronto
Currently on Rogers 300mbps.
Hooked up the Fido modem this afternoon (got the 150mps plan).
Still holding out for a Rogers winback offer though (put in a cancellation date for April 1).
Got a $50 Walmart GC too (but I had to buy a $40 Roku streamer on the spot...which I just returned after my sign up was complete).
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
orbitdesign wrote: Sad that they've bumped up the prices... as others have pointed out, these used to be $32.50 and $37.50, respectively. I just locked in another year at $32.50 a couple month ago.
Yup, got the $150 giftcard, and 37.5 for 150mb. In reality tho, I get around 300mbps speeds with my apple airport extreme.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
DealsHunterCo wrote: I got mine from BF, just as I called, the email actually came through, came I believe 1-2 months after registration
Same. Got the email a while later. Me, more like 4 months. But hey, I GOT it.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
infamy_ wrote: Good deal, Wish we can get it here in Alberta
Don't you guys get the amazing shaw discounts?
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
chimaican wrote: I did get my $150 GC from the last BF promo. I asked for a physical card and luckily it came in the mail and with the full funds intact.
Sameeeee!
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1063 posts
343 upvotes
Markham ON
Cnsr0033 wrote: I'm just curious. Out of the box, no connections other than your cellphone, do you have any issues ?

Lan or wireless ?
Yes, I had to call fido, and get a rogers tech to replace the router for me. Then bought 2 apple airport extremes, and internet has been reliable ever since.
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Apr 26, 2010
875 posts
146 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nope, on going battle with their customer service department, I escalated to their Office of the President, waiting for their call back.
My partner registered around Dec, and approx a month later she received an email saying "we hope you are enjoying our services and you received the prepaid m/c."
Nov 10, 2007
424 posts
96 upvotes
toronto
I signed up awhile back and forgot about the mastercard! How do u get the $150 mastercard should it come by reg mail, email or somewhere within Fido portal
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
8506 posts
4382 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
RedLego wrote: Nope, on going battle with their customer service department, I escalated to their Office of the President, waiting for their call back.
My partner registered around Dec, and approx a month later she received an email saying "we hope you are enjoying our services and you received the prepaid m/c."
Your partner got the email or actually get the gc?
Isnt complain to ccts easier?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15106 posts
12497 upvotes
GTA, ON
supplementking wrote: I signed up awhile back and forgot about the mastercard! How do u get the $150 mastercard should it come by reg mail, email or somewhere within Fido portal
That depends on how you requested it. You should have gotten an email telling you that you have the promotion and you need to declare the method to which you receive it. If digital, comes instantaneous via email. If physical card, it will come via snail mail from the USA via USPS and then CanPost.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1616 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
RedLego wrote: Nope, on going battle with their customer service department, I escalated to their Office of the President, waiting for their call back.
supplementking wrote: I signed up awhile back and forgot about the mastercard! How do u get the $150 mastercard should it come by reg mail, email or somewhere within Fido portal
I signed up in mid-December and I did not receive an email. I just registered using the link below and received $150 Prepaid Mastercard (e-card) in 5 days.

https://fido.promo.eprize.com/broadbandoffer2/
Apr 23, 2008
589 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Fightguard wrote: Currently on Rogers 300mbps.
Hooked up the Fido modem this afternoon (got the 150mps plan).
Still holding out for a Rogers winback offer though (put in a cancellation date for April 1).
Got a $50 Walmart GC too (but I had to buy a $40 Roku streamer on the spot...which I just returned after my sign up was complete).
May I ask which Walmart offered the $50 GC? Do you have to be a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer to get the $50 GC as my Walmart is giving only $25 GC and ony if you are a Chatr/Fido customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)