• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2021 10:15 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
what's everyone's pings at?

i'm at 8-10ms pinging the modem's default gateway in roger's network, and ofc it's even higher when pinging google 8.8.8.8

seems high??
Apr 26, 2010
875 posts
146 upvotes
Richmond Hill
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Your partner got the email or actually get the gc?
Isnt complain to ccts easier?
No, Office of the President is their own internal channel, their mandate is to ensure a proper investigation is done.
I ended up getting 150 credit + 50 credit (goodwill) + 1 month internet free
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3885 posts
2744 upvotes
Toronto
smehmood wrote: May I ask which Walmart offered the $50 GC? Do you have to be a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer to get the $50 GC as my Walmart is giving only $25 GC and ony if you are a Chatr/Fido customer.
Dufferin Mall.
I was originally told $25 GC as well...but then it was $50 after all. I am not a Chatr/Fido mobile customer. The catch was I had to buy a $40+tax Roku Stick on the spot. I returned it 10 minutes later and used the GC on groceries before I went home Winking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1578 posts
407 upvotes
GTA
Anyone who got the 150mbps and was on Rogers 500mbps will notice a big difference? I think for a single user, you probably won't notice much but if you have 4 people at home, I think there would be. Comments?
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $50/15GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
May 21, 2017
57 posts
36 upvotes
I signed up today through live chat one can I get a GC also or was that only for an older deal?
Sep 16, 2010
948 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
Coppertone2005 wrote: Anyone who got the 150mbps and was on Rogers 500mbps will notice a big difference? I think for a single user, you probably won't notice much but if you have 4 people at home, I think there would be. Comments?
Recently cancelled my Rogers 1gb gigabit plan and got the Fido 150u. Same white modem but we connected it to our own Netgear wifi-mesh router. We often have 3 devices on video calls and no disruptions or
lag.
Mar 7, 2011
37 posts
18 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: Anyone want transfer of responsibility for my Fido 75mbps for $32.50, switching over to Rogers. it's a 12 month discount until November 2021. PM me (NOT SELLING, FREE OF CHARGE)
Billing starts April 1/2
Did you get a good deal with Rogers? Do you mind sharing with me? Thanks
Oct 27, 2018
76 posts
45 upvotes
Coppertone2005 wrote: Anyone who got the 150mbps and was on Rogers 500mbps will notice a big difference? I think for a single user, you probably won't notice much but if you have 4 people at home, I think there would be. Comments?
We were on the 500u and were getting about 750 mbps down and 22-23 mbps up. Now on the Fido 150u and getting about 300 mbps down and 15-16mbps up. No major difference noticed while using Zoom, YouTube, Netflix etc. We have 3 users online at different hours and so far so good...🤞🏾
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1950 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
emma_hai wrote: Did you get a good deal with Rogers? Do you mind sharing with me? Thanks
It's the Connecting Families, got the 75mbps for $24.99
If you want the Fido one I can do a transfer of responsibility. Discounted at $32.50 until end of November for 75mbps
Mar 28, 2021
0 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone! I am a longtime lurker but because I see people are not getting the 50$ WalMart GC, I wanted to post and let everyone know my experience.

I specifically went to Agincourt Walmart's Electronic section and told the person I heard about the gift card and does it apply to any carrier. He said it only applies to Fido (had to try!). And then he asked me how I knew about the gift card offer because he said, "It's only if you buy something and it's only if the CSR chooses to offer it to you." I just looked at him and he said, "But I'll give it to you." And then I didn't want to give RFD up on this offer, so I just said, "I heard about it from some people." DO NOT TELL THEM HOW YOU KNOW. I think they might try to erase it if you do.

So really, they can give the gift card, you just have to really ask about it and maybe cozy up to them.

So I bought something random and have no use for. They wouldn't let me buy a USB stick to get the gift card, so I'm just going to return the useless item soon. But all in all, the GC exists!
Mar 7, 2011
37 posts
18 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: It's the Connecting Families, got the 75mbps for $24.99
If you want the Fido one I can do a transfer of responsibility. Discounted at $32.50 until end of November for 75mbps
Thanks for the fido offer, at the moment my area only is served by rogers or bell
Nov 30, 2018
114 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just signed up for Fido 150mbs at Walmart today around 1pm and got the $50 Walmart gift card. At first, agent was not aware about the promo for the gift card but she called someone who gave her instructions (cross-sell promo). Agent asked to buy something from the electronic dept, she even recommended that I buy the cheapest item (car charger for $1.98+tax, it was on clearance). This Walmart is located at Rexdale blvd & Islington Ave (2245 Islington Ave, Etobicoke, ON M9W 3W7).
Nov 6, 2006
692 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
hi,

I cannot see the promotion on the OP link ^??
how can i get the promotion as weel as the Master card 150$ gift card ?

Thanks
Apr 14, 2009
168 posts
58 upvotes
Brampton
Hi All, can someone let me know the process when switching from Rogers?

I am assuming there would be a point where you would lose your Internet ?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
can anyone tell me what their pings are please?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
ised wrote: Hi All, can someone let me know the process when switching from Rogers?

call fido. sign up. install modem. get online.
call rogers. cancel. uninstall modem. still online.
so no.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15106 posts
12497 upvotes
GTA, ON
ised wrote: Hi All, can someone let me know the process when switching from Rogers?

1) Call Rogers and negotiate, if they don't give suitable deal, you can set a cancellation date to whenever you want (a week, two weeks, a month, whatever timeline works for you to get new ISP)
2) Sign up for the other ISP, set date for installation or activation date
3) Run both services simultaneously (yes, have & pay for both services at the same time) for a few days, checking the stability of the new ISP while comparing it to Rogers
4) If satisfied with performance of new ISP (and Rogers hasn't yet called you with a suitable Winback offer), call Rogers and change cancellation date (like the next day)
5) Return all Rogers equipment

Now you may not have to do step 3 since Fido is basically Rogers and just do what the above poster says, but it's always a good idea to test your new ISP.
Last edited by chimaican on Mar 30th, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Apr 14, 2009
168 posts
58 upvotes
Brampton
actng wrote: call fido. sign up. install modem. get online.
call rogers. cancel. uninstall modem. still online.
so no.
Thank you, will give it a try then. My rogers promo is ending April 11th and they wouldnt give me anywhere close to what I had.

Im sure it can but just want to make sure...the Fido modem supports bridged mode?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)