[Fido] HOT 6GB DATA $60 BYOD BOXING DAY

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2017 11:00 am
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2064 posts
1304 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I will pass on this deal, $60/month is too expensive for me.

I would pay half that price for half the data if it was possible.

By the way does anyone know how Fido works in the US? Do you have to buy a roaming add-on before you go, or can you make/receive calls/text in US even without an add-on?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1225 posts
425 upvotes
London, ON
fyrefly wrote: the Rep I'm chatting with says no Visual Voicemail. So if you want that you have to pay an extra $5/month. Anyone get any different answers?
no visual voicemail no matter the phone you have.. you'd have to fork out 5$ more
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5225 posts
2212 upvotes
What discount do you get for referral code? Also, if you bring 2 lines you save 10% each. What about if you bring 3 lines can you save 20% each?
Jun 30, 2013
72 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Virgin Mobile Loyalty Department gave me this plan

5 GB - 60$
- 3 voicemail
- Canada-Wide calling
- Unlimited text

On top of that I have received a $10/month discount for 12 months, so only $50/5 GB for 12 months. I'm sure there will be a deal similar to this one next year so I'm not so worried.
After waiting in hold for 30 minutes to get in touch with the initial rep and ~45 min to be transferred to the loyalty department, it was worth it.

Very happy.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1398 posts
1610 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
amar87 wrote: How difficult is it to unlocked my devices? I think that would be my biggest challenge
Bell can do it for $50 per phone. Also check with RFD user @mobifree; they have an unlocking business and may be able to do it for much less than that.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1265 posts
398 upvotes
This is HOT... comes with 1000 International long distance minutes... confirmed with REP.. plus 10% discount for second line ... For any new customers they also get 10$/month credit for 12 months..
Last edited by se@n on Dec 26th, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i have phone on tab (lg g4) i ported out from rogers and paid my tab.

dont they have to legally unlock my phone for me?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1033 posts
198 upvotes
toronto
ar2020 wrote: What discount do you get for referral code? Also, if you bring 2 lines you save 10% each. What about if you bring 3 lines can you save 20% each?

You would save 10% off your 2nd and 3rd lines.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1033 posts
198 upvotes
toronto
Scavos wrote: You would save 10% off your 2nd and 3rd lines.
I heard similarly minus the 1000 International LD minutes. any chance you got it in writing?
Apr 17, 2012
323 posts
375 upvotes
CALGARY
The $60 promotional Talk, Text & Data plan includes:

- Unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls

- 1000 international long distance mins to specific countries (let me know if you'd like more info)

- 6 GB (over usage: $5/100 MB)

- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells

- Call Display (Number only)

- Mini Voicemail (max 3 msgs, can be upgraded to 35 msgs)

- Circle Calling™

The 1000 international long distance mins included within your plan cover calls from Canada to any of the following countries:

- Australia
- Bangladesh
- China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan)
- Germany
- India
- Italy
- Mexico
- Taipei
- UK

Copy and pasted from live chat. I asked about the plan. It comes with long distance. Sweet deal! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4498 posts
1980 upvotes
Toronto
is that 1000 minutes every month, or just a pool you get once and once its used up its gone?
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1033 posts
198 upvotes
toronto
EuroTrance88 wrote: The $60 promotional Talk, Text & Data plan includes:

- 1000 international long distance mins to specific countries (let me know if you'd like more info)

- Unlimited text/picture/video msgs from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international cells

- Circle Calling™

The 1000 international long distance mins included within your plan cover calls from Canada to any of the following countries:

- Australia
- Bangladesh
- Germany
- India
- Italy
- Mexico
- Taipei
- UK

Copy and pasted from live chat. I asked about the plan. It comes with long distance. Sweet deal! Thanks OP!

Holy crap that is redonk.... Wut.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5419 posts
1290 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Bell can do it for $50 per phone. Also check with RFD user @mobifree; they have an unlocking business and may be able to do it for much less than that.
if its an iphone better to unlock it to your carrier. is samsung any where you can buy unlock code.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
2165 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
Bell retention would not match.

Anyone know how receipton is in Toronto and Mississauga? I heard bad in some spots.
Jun 26, 2005
135 posts
38 upvotes
shoeab wrote: Just called Virgin mobile and got the exact same thing. I had to go through retention though! But I also ordered a fido line too loll!
What did you say to the virgin mobile when you had them on the phone? Did you have to provide proof?
Dec 24, 2009
183 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby
Just a heads up, the $10 credit for 12 months promo is not stackable with this one.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11933 posts
1862 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the difference when buying thru a non corporate store? Virgin and Fido are basically the same (collusion as always) but none the less to port over a number that has to be done in store? Or by phone?

None of this can be done online? Avoiding lines etc

Thanks
Nov 18, 2008
706 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
se@n wrote: This is HOT... comes with 1000 International long distance minutes... confirmed with REP.. plus 10% discount for second line ... For any new customers they also get 10$/month credit for 12 months..
for real? i just signed up? do i have to ask for that $10 credit?
Apr 2, 2004
983 posts
15 upvotes
EuroTrance88 wrote: The $60 promotional Talk, Text & Data plan includes:

- Circle Calling™

- Australia
- Bangladesh
- Germany
- India
- Italy
- Mexico
- Taipei
- UK

but not usa?