Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Fido] HOT 6GB DATA $60 BYOD BOXING DAY

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2017 11:00 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
i got it all done thru online chat...

although i forgot to mention what type of sim card to send...

i hope it's micro!
Jul 22, 2011
682 posts
143 upvotes
Carleton Place
SuperGT wrote: Rogers' loyalty sucks just as much. I've been with them for 17+ years, just switched all 5 lines to this Fido promo. I had five old grandfather plans, voice + 6GB data ($80+tax), called them yesterday to match this Fido promo. The retention/loyalty rep said the best she could do was similar to Fido's promo but 3gb for $60. I told the CSR she can note this offer along with losing 5 lines. Swapped them all yesterday and today I get a call from Rogers asking why I switched. I just told him to read the note on my account or review the recorded conversation and have a good day.
Same with me. Been with Rogers for over 15 years with 3 lines. Swriched all 3 today and it felt good leaving Rogers. Hated having to beg for deals and credits.
Sep 17, 2012
430 posts
714 upvotes
Mississauga
Just switched over.

Before:
$108 (98+10) a month to Bell for unlimited local calling, 7GB data shared with tablet + VVM Value pack

After:
$80 (60+5+15) a month to Fido for unlimited Canada-wide calling, Unlimited Intl txt, VVM, 6GB for phone and 3GB for tablet

It's a pretty sweet deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1074 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
trinxified wrote: i got it all done thru online chat...

i hope it's micro!
this new sim cards work for either regular size, micro, or nano. So you won't have to worry.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1030 posts
118 upvotes
SuperGT wrote: Rogers' loyalty sucks just as much. I've been with them for 17+ years, just switched all 5 lines to this Fido promo. I had five old grandfather plans, voice + 6GB data ($80+tax), called them yesterday to match this Fido promo. The retention/loyalty rep said the best she could do was similar to Fido's promo but 3gb for $60. I told the CSR she can note this offer along with losing 5 lines. Swapped them all yesterday and today I get a call from Rogers asking why I switched. I just told him to read the note on my account or review the recorded conversation and have a good day.
as someone who way back in the day worked in the call centre for one of the big 3 (cough green cough) it's really not the reps fault. They can only offer you what has been created. All the plans all the add-ons are all built in system and the reps have a list of what they're able to provide. Not that you're wrong though, Rogers probably should have created a similar plan just for retention purposes during this boxing day but they chose not to for whatever reason.

Though some reps are clueless and don't offer what they can which is why you get diff results on diff calls.
Last edited by MikeyPyro on Dec 27th, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 7, 2016
23 posts
2 upvotes

i hope it's micro!
Fido will send out a muti-sized SIM, just pop out the one that fits your phone
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1030 posts
118 upvotes

i hope it's micro!
they are all in one now, comes on the same card and you just pop out the size you need!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
thanks guys regarding the sim card size.

and is this the best plan out right now for the most data?

I'm leaving a Telus grandfathered plan for this, so hopefully it's the right call. cost is similar, but a lot more features on Fido.
Jul 1, 2005
292 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Kimberlee1 wrote: Same with me. Been with Rogers for over 15 years with 3 lines. Swriched all 3 today and it felt good leaving Rogers. Hated having to beg for deals and credits.
I felt really good leaving too, the funny thing about this is going from Robbers to another Robbers in disguise.
Jul 28, 2006
741 posts
212 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Still on fence about switching from Bell. Friends keep telling me the Fido network is not that good.

Any comments guys?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1030 posts
118 upvotes
TRD604 wrote: Still on fence about switching from Bell. Friends keep telling me the Fido network is not that good.

Any comments guys?
in BC bell and telus are better for sure but I mean you're not going to get bad service. Big 3 all have great coverage with good speeds overall. It's just dependent on places you frequent, where you live, etc...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1030 posts
118 upvotes
trinxified wrote: thanks guys regarding the sim card size.

I'm leaving a Telus grandfathered plan for this, so hopefully it's the right call. cost is similar, but a lot more features on Fido.
sounds like you made a good choice. The only major downside is no subsidized phones but you didn't have that anyway being on a grandfathered plan most likely.
Jul 22, 2011
682 posts
143 upvotes
Carleton Place
SuperGT wrote: I felt really good leaving too, the funny thing about this is going from Robbers to another Robbers in disguise.
My daughter just texted me to tell me the Fido service is better than Rogers for her in downtown toronto. Funny the last rogers rep I spoke to said Fido was worse.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12575 upvotes
Markham
TRD604 wrote: Still on fence about switching from Bell. Friends keep telling me the Fido network is not that good.

Any comments guys?
my two days experience: in some areas, I cannot reach the person and call went to directly in voicemail. Actually when I called, both my wife and I were in the same mall. if you have similar plan or a bit worse, but satisfied with coverage and speed, I'd suggest stay with Bell
May 21, 2012
318 posts
127 upvotes
Markham
No email yet (signed up yesterday 11am) but however, I got my sim about half an hour ago. It looks to be shipped by some third party mail company cz it was some random dude driving his own car at the door (kinda sketchy but, w/e...) Hopefully I can port online from their chat if not, I gotta make a call tmrw.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes

Best plan is 3GB for 15$ on the Fido tablet deal, Speakout pre-paid, put both SIM into a dual SIM phone. 3GB LTE data for 15$/month + 25$/year on the speakout for when I need to make or receive very important calls. Everything else, use fongo/google voice.
Jun 13, 2008
665 posts
760 upvotes
Signed up for a new line @Wal-Mart today.
I noted when the rep was selecting this plan on screen, it had UPDATED* beside it to include 1000 Long Distance minutes. That confirms that the initial promo did not include 1000 long distance minutes.

Thanks OP !
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
MikeyPyro wrote: sounds like you made a good choice. The only major downside is no subsidized phones but you didn't have that anyway being on a grandfathered plan most likely.
well yeah i think so too. it was a $55 5gb plan.

the thing is, with Telus i didn't really use up any of the other stuff like minutes, so my usage won't change.

i jump shipped because my girlfriend already was on Fido, so we just switched her plan and ported mine for the 10% discount on the extra line
Nov 7, 2016
23 posts
2 upvotes

I came to Fido from a Telus Corp plan and to be honest, for me Fido/Rogers is much better than Telus. I got better reception, and with Telus most of the time I'm on 3G when I'm at <3 bars, and with Fido I'm always on LTE. Plus with Fido you get VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling. Although Telus recently introduced wifi calling, but in Toronto there's no VoLTE, which means your call will drop when you leave your wifi zone. So overall Fido is a good choice.
Jul 1, 2005
292 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
MikeyPyro wrote: as someone who way back in the day worked in the call centre for one of the big 3 (cough green cough) it's really not the reps fault. They can only offer you what has been created. All the plans all the add-ons are all built in system and the reps have a list of what they're able to provide. Not that you're wrong though, Rogers probably should have created a similar plan just for retention purposes during this boxing day but they chose not to for whatever reason.

Though some reps are clueless and don't offer what they can which is why you get diff results on diff calls.

Yeah I understand, I even ask for their supervisors to see if they can do anything. It's just that overall the last four years it has been so frustrating calling in to see if they can match some plans and it is a no go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)