Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 10:27 pm
Oct 19, 2006
40 posts
24 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Everyone get their best buy gift cards? I never received anything so I found a link to register in this thread on Nov 2. Still nothing. Does it speed it up talking to fido? Hoping to use it for best buy black friday
it's been almost 3 months and i'm still waiting for both the BB GC and Sportsnet subscription. Chatting is no help. I feel like i'm getting the runaround.
Nov 8, 2005
205 posts
76 upvotes
akz wrote: deal is back again for Black Friday
How far in the future can you schedule installation? My current internet offer isn't up until January...
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2004
1343 posts
24 upvotes
akz wrote: deal is back again for Black Friday
I don't see Chromecast, Sportsnet and GC.
Oct 30, 2010
293 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Fido is cable only right? I think that's the dealbreaker right there.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1055 posts
1026 upvotes
Heartcloud wrote: Fido is cable only right? I think that's the dealbreaker right there.
Yes, uses Rogers lines. For me that's a bonus since phone line is not nearly as fast in my area.
May 9, 2008
534 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
thanks! got deal in-store yesterday and modem. got the 150 / $37.50 option and as soon as I got home plugged in the modem it was up and running. Was able to get ~235 D: ~17 U on a few speed tests. Was on ebox 70/10 plan and their promo just ended - had to cancel ebox today before new billing cycle.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4165 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA
d1000 wrote: it's been almost 3 months and i'm still waiting for both the BB GC and Sportsnet subscription. Chatting is no help. I feel like i'm getting the runaround.
I'd raise the issue on Fido Facebook, that usually wakes them up
May 10, 2012
67 posts
23 upvotes
Pickering
I called in yesterday afternoon and spoke to a super easy going rep. Just told them I wasn't tied in and wanted the deal. No hesitation, had it applied on my account in less than 10 minutes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5664 posts
1432 upvotes
Milton
Kfox wrote: I'd raise the issue on Fido Facebook, that usually wakes them up
No luck. Here's what Fido said to me:

"Thank you for waiting XXXX, I've spoken with my team lead regarding this, The form has already been sent off to the promo team to have this fixed but if nothing has come through with this, There isn't a whole lot we can do, I can get you the 50$ in an adjustment on your account, But I don't have any way to get the sportsnet now subscription."
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4165 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA
spena wrote: No luck. Here's what Fido said to me:

"Thank you for waiting XXXX, I've spoken with my team lead regarding this, The form has already been sent off to the promo team to have this fixed but if nothing has come through with this, There isn't a whole lot we can do, I can get you the 50$ in an adjustment on your account, But I don't have any way to get the sportsnet now subscription."
so Fido's spokesperson on Facebook just wrote it off as "sorry, not my department"? Write them back, "that's not an acceptable answer. If you can't help me then who is the VP that's responsible for the promo department?"
Feb 5, 2012
389 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to renew this for another year?