Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

HOT! Fido Internet 50% Off 75u $32.50 / 150u $37.50 + $50BBGC + 6mo SportsnetNOW + Chromecast(YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 10:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5968 posts
2752 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
The online address checker required for sign up is broken....
"We've hit a snag. Please check back later."
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
docshah wrote: Hey guys, any idea as to how long they would take to send modem and activate account? Asking coz I am on Virgin with promo price ending this month. If I book fido, I would like to schedule a cancellation on Virgin around or after Fido is up and running. Thnx
Go into a Fido store tomorrow and they activate and give you a modem on the spot Slightly Smiling Face. You just have to plug it in yourself and it configures and walk you through a first time guide.
-
Aug 30, 2018
614 posts
336 upvotes
GTA
LDN2012 wrote: Go into a Fido store tomorrow and they activate and give you a modem on the spot Slightly Smiling Face. You just have to plug it in yourself and it configures and walk you through a first time guide.
Sounds Good. Thanks buddy. Fingers crossed to get the store give me everything on this deal including the chrome cast device Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone ever had to deal with Fido's customer service for an internet outage? That's one of the reasons I went with Rogers. When I moved, Teksavvy took about a month to finally come and set up my internet. And once or twice I needed them to fix my service it took multiple days. When I called Rogers to switch, they came to my house to set up within hours. Same when in the winter a snowplow took out our cable line, they were there and fixed it within a few hours.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
Majokito wrote: Anyone ever had to deal with Fido's customer service for an internet outage? That's one of the reasons I went with Rogers. When I moved, Teksavvy took about a month to finally come and set up my internet. And once or twice I needed them to fix my service it took multiple days. When I called Rogers to switch, they came to my house to set up within hours. Same when in the winter a snowplow took out our cable line, they were there and fixed it within a few hours.
Never had an issue when i was on TekSavvy or Fido. I'd imagine in both your scenarios rogers would fix as many others are also on the same cable line. It could take a day to get a tech but they wouldn't take days. Regarding setup the process is so easy now you just swap modem plug and play and you are good to go. Made the switch effortless, easier and less time than to call rogers cancellation dept.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Dec 25, 2014
99 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
brensavoyton wrote: question for all those that signed up on phone or at non-best buy fido location, what are you being told to do in order to get your gift card ? I was told to wait between 2 weeks - 3 months lol the after speaking to another rep he said to I had to sign up and would receive my gift card in 5 days
I just called and signed up. Rep said I would receive a form within 7 days and in order to get the bestbuy card I need to fill it out and send it in.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
BigCheapSk8 wrote: I just called and signed up. Rep said I would receive a form within 7 days and in order to get the bestbuy card I need to fill it out and send it in.
You register on https://myfidopromotions.com if you don't want to wait for the email.
Last edited by akz on Sep 2nd, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Dec 25, 2014
99 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto, ON
akz wrote: Nice the chromecast is a huge score definitely make this hot. I'm assuming you called Fido directly to get signup done. Might be YMMV but I'll update the OP for others to try their luck.
The rep I talked to at Fido this morning said the chromecast was only for the 150u. Said it would come with the modem in the mail.
Mar 21, 2004
277 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, last week some construction cut a line and affected 8000 customers in downtown Toronto, took 4 days to get a technician out as their system cancels appointments automatically when there is an outage.
Majokito wrote: Anyone ever had to deal with Fido's customer service for an internet outage? That's one of the reasons I went with Rogers. When I moved, Teksavvy took about a month to finally come and set up my internet. And once or twice I needed them to fix my service it took multiple days. When I called Rogers to switch, they came to my house to set up within hours. Same when in the winter a snowplow took out our cable line, they were there and fixed it within a few hours.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
akz wrote: Never had an issue when i was on TekSavvy or Fido. I'd imagine in both your scenarios rogers would fix as many others are also on the same cable line. It could take a day to get a tech but they wouldn't take days. Regarding setup the process is so easy now you just swap modem plug and play and you are good to go. Made the switch effortless, easier and less time than to call rogers cancellation dept.
Yeah, it was Rogers that fixed it, but with Teksavvy they're given super low priority. They didn't really have any way of troubleshooting on their end (if you use bell lines I believe they can). Also with Teksavvy they were at the mercy of the the Rogers windows for service so I had to choose one of three time windows which is terrible if you have to take time off work to wait around. That being said, I was fairly happy with Rogers/Teksavvy overall so I'm sure I'd be happy with Fido. Only left Teksavvy because they were forcing me to buy a new modem if I wanted to change my service. Again because Rogers no longer supported the modem I had. I could stay on the same service, just couldn't change plans.
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes
BigCheapSk8 wrote: The rep I talked to at Fido this morning said the chromecast was only for the 150u. Said it would come with the modem in the mail.
Hmm, can anyone else confirm this? I just signed up on the 150u and the rep said the chromecast is not available to stack on the 50% off promo
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
macinfo wrote: Yes, last week some construction cut a line and affected 8000 customers in downtown Toronto, took 4 days to get a technician out as their system cancels appointments automatically when there is an outage.
That sucks. Although a couple days is understandable for an outage that size I guess. Probably required more than just running a new line to the house.
Mar 26, 2004
387 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
Was able to move to 150 from my current 75Mb deal that had 3 months left. No GC or other goodies as I'm an existing customer. Took less than 5 mins on the phone. Very happy, thanks OP.
Aug 30, 2018
614 posts
336 upvotes
GTA
I just signed up for 150u. Will cancel my Virgin internet once I am done setting up the Fido one.
Had called in first thing in the morning at 8:00 and was probably the first caller for the day to the rep. Asked politely but the rep wasn't ready to offer Chromecast. Hung up and called again only to get the same crazy rep..! Hung up again and went to chat. The rep was good this time and I went all in upfront. Asked for GC and Chromecast both and he agreed. Signed up online and I requested that I would pick up the modem from store as I wanted the CODA4582 one as discussed in the previous Fido post. The online rep said only way to ensure desired modem is pick up in store as he had no control over which one would be dispatched from warehouse. I thought it would be faster to pick up in person only to realize almost all stores were closed today. Duh..! Only the one at Bramlea was open but they don't have the modem I want so am gonna give them a pass. Will pick up tomorrow.

Tl;dr:
Successfully stacked $50 GC and Chromecast to 150u plan with 50% off offer. No student id asked for. If the rep doesn't budge try another rep. Cheers RFD.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
docshah wrote: I just signed up for 150u. Will cancel my Virgin internet once I am done setting up the Fido one.
Had called in first thing in the morning at 8:00 and was probably the first caller for the day to the rep. Asked politely but the rep wasn't ready to offer Chromecast. Hung up and called again only to get the same crazy rep..! Hung up again and went to chat. The rep was good this time and I went all in upfront. Asked for GC and Chromecast both and he agreed. Signed up online and I requested that I would pick up the modem from store as I wanted the CODA4582 one as discussed in the previous Fido post. The online rep said only way to ensure desired modem is pick up in store as he had no control over which one would be dispatched from warehouse. I thought it would be faster to pick up in person only to realize almost all stores were closed today. Duh..! Only the one at Bramlea was open but they don't have the modem I want so am gonna give them a pass. Will pick up tomorrow.

Tl;dr:
Successfully stacked $50 GC and Chromecast to 150u plan with 50% off offer. No student id asked for. If the rep doesn't budge try another rep. Cheers RFD.
Why CODA4582 modem?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
nivek_k2020 wrote: Why CODA4582 modem?
Much better than the small black one (forget the model). I used to use the built in wifi and it was terrible. Switched to the CODA modem and it was much more consistent. Still dropped but not nearly as much. Your best bet is to get your own wifi system and put the modem into bridge mode.
Aug 30, 2018
614 posts
336 upvotes
GTA
Majokito wrote: Much better than the small black one (forget the model). I used to use the built in wifi and it was terrible. Switched to the CODA modem and it was much more consistent. Still dropped but not nearly as much. Your best bet is to get your own wifi system and put the modem into bridge mode.
+1
No first hand experience but learned this from another thread on RFD. So just wanna try getting that one straight away.
Feb 15, 2018
251 posts
168 upvotes
Nexus1172 wrote: Worth noting that Snet NOW can be a deal changer for lots. I pay $14/month with telus just to watch canucks games, and this will get me till the end of february. that's a $84 value for me and could be more for someone else
Whats the out of market like? Would like to watch Calgary from Ontario. I usually have to spring for NHLtv.
Apr 11, 2013
519 posts
361 upvotes
Was told earlier on the phone that I will get an email in 7 days and I can choose from a $50 best buy gift card OR a Google Chromecast

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)