Hot Deals

[Fido] Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 6:39 pm
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2017
117 posts
66 upvotes
pistolpetejr wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 9:45 am
Update: called Friday evening and scheduled cancellation for September 3rd (end of bill cycle), still haven't got a call. Hoping it's because of the weekend effect...
I just got the call, $71.25 for 10GB for 2 months before 25% discount expires, iPhone X 256GB for $599, $500 credit on account. $176 paid up front which is the $599 + tax - $500. Tried to get them to waive my early termination fee but they couldn't do that. Said I'd get my phone in 4 business days.

I'm fairly certain they don't work weekends.
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
27327 posts
6321 upvotes
Toronto
I need some advice for cell plan experts. I'm currently on the Koodo 10GB/$60 plan. I was just offered 10GB/$52.50 for 2 years from Fido to get me to switch back.

They also offered me the S0 for $0 and a $300 credit for $71/mo for 2 years with 10GB

Should i take either deal knowing that in 2 years i'll have to scramble to find something better?
Don't talk about it, be about it
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2017
117 posts
66 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 12:19 pm
I need some advice for cell plan experts. I'm currently on the Koodo 10GB/$60 plan. I was just offered 10GB/$52.50 for 2 years from Fido to get me to switch back.

They also offered me the S0 for $0 and a $300 credit for $71/mo for 2 years with 10GB

Should i take either deal knowing that in 2 years i'll have to scramble to find something better?
I'm assuming underlined is BYOD? Also, is it contract?
If you're happy with your device, I'd say make the switch if not contract, even if $52.50 becomes $63 in 2 years, only because I'm confident that offers will be competitive if not better in 2 years anyway.
Member
Dec 27, 2008
345 posts
71 upvotes
how quick did you guys get a shipment email? completed this on Thursday and they said i should have the phone tomorrow. But no pending charges on credit card and shipment email.
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2010
811 posts
144 upvotes
toronto
x1xslickx1x wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 12:25 pm
how quick did you guys get a shipment email? completed this on Thursday and they said i should have the phone tomorrow. But no pending charges on credit card and shipment email.
How long did it take for you to get the confirmation email with the details after your call?
Newbie
May 10, 2008
12 posts
8 upvotes
pistolpetejr wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 11:56 am
I just got the call, $71.25 for 10GB for 2 months before 25% discount expires, iPhone X 256GB for $599, $500 credit on account. $176 paid up front which is the $599 + tax - $500. Tried to get them to waive my early termination fee but they couldn't do that. Said I'd get my phone in 4 business days.

I'm fairly certain they don't work weekends.
I got the exact same deal around Noon EST
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
27327 posts
6321 upvotes
Toronto
pistolpetejr wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 12:23 pm
I'm assuming underlined is BYOD? Also, is it contract?
If you're happy with your device, I'd say make the switch if not contract, even if $52.50 becomes $63 in 2 years, only because I'm confident that offers will be competitive if not better in 2 years anyway.
Yes that's correct. BYOD and he said it's not a contract but the pricing is only good for 2 years. After which it will go up to about $70.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 22, 2009
9 posts
JayP87861 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 6:29 pm
Hii,

I got IPhone X but in my FIDO account plan is showing for 115CAD instead of thet offered of 60CAD.
Can you say how much time after you got your plan confirmation mail?
I didn't receive any mail.
I was in the same boat. They didnt send me email but mail out the letter to me instead. I got freaked out and called them. They said not to worry and they will fix it.

To my surprise when I got the first bill just couple of days ago, it has shown up as $115 plan with zero discount. I called in again and asked why, they said they applied ($80 plan with 25% discount) to the next month because the current month is already on going.

I asked what happened to the promised of 24 months with discount, they say the 24 months starting next month, I will have to pay the current month at whatever rate it is.

In my case, I find this extremely BS but since they offered $20 credit, that helps bring down the monthly plan from 115 to 95, I let it go, still ... they should have offered whatever credit needed to bring it down to $60 or at least $80.
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2010
811 posts
144 upvotes
toronto
viet_guy1984 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:08 pm
I was in the same boat. They didnt send me email but mail out the letter to me instead. I got freaked out and called them. They said not to worry and they will fix it.

To my surprise when I got the first bill just couple of days ago, it has shown up as $115 plan with zero discount. I called in again and asked why, they said they applied ($80 plan with 25% discount) to the next month because the current month is already on going.

I asked what happened to the promised of 24 months with discount, they say the 24 months starting next month, I will have to pay the current month at whatever rate it is.

In my case, I find this extremely BS but since they offered $20 credit, that helps bring down the monthly plan from 115 to 95, I let it go, still ... they should have offered whatever credit needed to bring it down to $60 or at least $80.
wait to make sure i understand correctly, is your current plan $115 then?
otherwise that's snek like if they're forcing you to pay 115 for a month?
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2017
117 posts
66 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 12:50 pm
Yes that's correct. BYOD and he said it's not a contract but the pricing is only good for 2 years. After which it will go up to about $70.
Don't see any reason why you wouldn't take it to be honest.
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
180 posts
98 upvotes
This is a wicked deal for an iPhone X! Too bad I can't get it as a new customer. I wonder if they would offer me anything similar if I offered to switch from my current provider?
Jr. Member
Aug 27, 2017
117 posts
66 upvotes
x1xslickx1x wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 12:25 pm
how quick did you guys get a shipment email? completed this on Thursday and they said i should have the phone tomorrow. But no pending charges on credit card and shipment email.
Image

This is taken from the confirmation email I received earlier.
Jr. Member
Jun 4, 2012
103 posts
30 upvotes
RICHMOND
viet_guy1984 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 1:08 pm
I was in the same boat. They didnt send me email but mail out the letter to me instead. I got freaked out and called them. They said not to worry and they will fix it.

To my surprise when I got the first bill just couple of days ago, it has shown up as $115 plan with zero discount. I called in again and asked why, they said they applied ($80 plan with 25% discount) to the next month because the current month is already on going.

I asked what happened to the promised of 24 months with discount, they say the 24 months starting next month, I will have to pay the current month at whatever rate it is.

In my case, I find this extremely BS but since they offered $20 credit, that helps bring down the monthly plan from 115 to 95, I let it go, still ... they should have offered whatever credit needed to bring it down to $60 or at least $80.
Same thing happened to me. They changed the $115 plan in couple of days but I was charged the prorated amount. Plus I was charged full $80. When I called in, the lady said that she sees the 25% off but it was added after the first bill was generated by the system. She said I should see the discount for the current month in the next bill.
Newbie
Sep 26, 2016
27 posts
7 upvotes
wickkedd wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 2:23 am
Hi Palidino, what if I don't want to port in..can I tell them I changed my mind about porting, and would just like to keep my temporary number forever?
So did you still end up keeping all the discount without porting in your number?
Newbie
Sep 26, 2016
27 posts
7 upvotes
wickkedd wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 5:26 pm
I would like to know this too. A friend of mine is interested in taking over my plan but only if it’s at the 25% discounted price.
Nobody knows the answer to above?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)