Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Nov 8, 2018
278 posts
539 upvotes
I think the better idea is to ask them to send an email confirmation from a FIDO email address while on the phone. I did this in the past to avoid miscommunication.
Oct 10, 2018
10 posts
PrimaryTech wrote: If the customer is provided a deal and its changed later, I dont think it has anything to do with greed. They may have not signed if the rep said $329+tax for the phone.

Sadly, we have to record all conversations, otherwise its your word against theirs, which is BS.
i called the winback #. someone picked up. she said she cannot issue the credit.. onces its offered, they cannot do anything. said to tlak to customer care see if they would issue the credit.
Mar 21, 2018
34 posts
12 upvotes
TDotRider wrote: i called the winback #. someone picked up. she said she cannot issue the credit.. onces its offered, they cannot do anything. said to tlak to customer care see if they would issue the credit.
because she is not the person who ported you back. I got around 200 credit back because I called the person who ported me back.
Nov 24, 2015
36 posts
20 upvotes
I ported to Fizz Friday night, got called today by Fido retention centre.

49$+tx for 8gb , iphone x 256gb for 379$ which is IMO better than 64.75$ per month and pay the phone 229$ because the difference you save on downpayment is not worth.

379$ - 229 = pay 150$ more
(64*24) -(49*24) = pay 360$ less in 24 months.

360 - 150 = 210$ saving if you take 49$+tx for 8gb and iphone x 256gb with 379$ down.
Jun 19, 2007
555 posts
468 upvotes
Halton
Ayashifx55 wrote: I ported to Fizz Friday night, got called today by Fido retention centre.

49$+tx for 8gb , iphone x 256gb for 379$ which is IMO better than 64.75$ per month and pay the phone 229$ because the difference you save on downpayment is not worth.

379$ - 229 = pay 150$ more
(64*24) -(49*24) = pay 360$ less in 24 months.

360 - 150 = 210$ saving if you take 49$+tx for 8gb and iphone x 256gb with 379$ down.
Province?
Sep 6, 2011
100 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
People be careful with this promo, Winback are scammers. My dad signed up for this promo 1st, 2nd bill was fined on third bill he was charged full price $80.
When you call Fido all they say is to call Winback, when you call Winback all you get is voicemail and they never call back.
Fido operators don't care they act like Winback is a complete different company, they say there is nothing they can do and reach out to Winback.
Very disappointed with Fido
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
wonder2pac wrote: People be careful with this promo, Winback are scammers. My dad signed up for this promo 1st, 2nd bill was fined on third bill he was charged full price $80.
When you call Fido all they say is to call Winback, when you call Winback all you get is voicemail and they never call back.
Fido operators don't care they act like Winback is a complete different company, they say there is nothing they can do and reach out to Winback.
Very disappointed with Fido
As long as he has his agreement he has nothing to worry about. Besides, this is the first complaint I hear about that wasn’t resolved properly. Tell him to be patient, call customer service again, and to refer them to his agreement. My third bill was fine, as was my fourth and my fifth. My first bill was a cluster$&*#, but I knew it would be. My second one was perfect. Fido does screw bills up, often, but in all the time I’ve been with them, twice before and again now, they’ve never not fixed a bill. They’re 2nd best in this regard IMO, Koodo being the best; they messed my bill up once and when I called, they offered to clear my remaining tab of like $78, which I agreed to Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
cann0nsu wrote: because she is not the person who ported you back. I got around 200 credit back because I called the person who ported me back.
You must have lucked out. I think most people that have called for a “price match” were told the down payment was lowered because the credit was lowered, so it would end up the same. You must have caught them right when the down payment had already dropped but right before they adjusted the credits.

It’s still worth a try for those within the 15 days, but it’s very YMMV.
Jul 5, 2005
71 posts
8 upvotes
I ported out last week Wednesday and only got 1 call which i missed. Any one else successful getting in touch with them? call came from generic Fido number. Left 2 voicemails for 1-855 number.

If anyone has a extension for black ops it would be greatly appreciated
Dec 28, 2017
316 posts
384 upvotes
AB
They called me a while ago with 4 options, aside from the iphone x, s9 and s9 plus, theyre also offering pixel 3 with 5gb data 60 a month and 0 upfront
Nov 8, 2018
278 posts
539 upvotes
I can PM you the Marketing Analyst's extn who reached out to me, but the # starts with 1-866. Is that okay?
Aug 8, 2008
77 posts
25 upvotes
BC
250strong wrote: Can someone please help me? I’m really confused by the numbers.

These are pics of my agreement.

I’m supposed to have the iPhone X 256 for $229 plus tax. And also the $100 plan less 25 %. And also bonus 3gb of data. (Total 13gb)

There was also a $500 and $35 credit applied to my account.

If my device charge is $576.45. And I got a $500 credit then I am only paying $76.45 for the phone?

Also shows $35 transaction charge. (Which I assume is offset by the $35 credit)
It also only shows 20% discount.

I can’t get the numbers to match what was agreed upon.
Same thing happening here. I was promised $60 plan ($80 with 25% off) but I just got my first bill and noticed I'm being charged $67.5 ($90 with 25% off). I left VM and asked for rep to call me back and she did, saying it was a mistake and that she'd fix it. It's been a couple days since then but I still haven't noticed any changes on my account. Seems like Fido is doing some shady stuff with these Winback offers. Angry FaceAngry Face
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
nubpotato wrote: Same thing happening here. I was promised $60 plan ($80 with 25% off) but I just got my first bill and noticed I'm being charged $67.5 ($90 with 25% off). I left VM and asked for rep to call me back and she did, saying it was a mistake and that she'd fix it. It's been a couple days since then but I still haven't noticed any changes on my account. Seems like Fido is doing some shady stuff with these Winback offers. Angry FaceAngry Face
The reps don’t see those credits/adjustments until the next invoice will be generated but you should receive an email stating the change in account information today or by tomorrow.
May 14, 2007
430 posts
166 upvotes
Vancouver
IAMALPHA wrote: That was them going to ask why you left. This where you tell them you are looking for a newer phone and better plan.

Hint: You have to set them up for what you want (or were looking for while you were with them).

The rep will proceed to ask you what kind of phone or plan you are looking for as they have offers for you.

Some will continue to call, but it's weird. They leave no message and/or don't call back after some tries. However, some will continue to call until they reach you and get an answer (interested or not etc.)

They are calling from Fido's main number now. Not so much the OP number.

The point of them contacting you (in your case), was to win you back. Three calls so far from them, that was 100% them having offers for you.
IAMALPHA wrote: Right, at first. But if you noticed, most people are now getting calls from Fido's normal customers service line now. Therefore, I believe their strategy is changing a bit: either it's a blended approach (two different teams) or they may have created a separate team within their customer service department . At first when OP posted this it was a special team that seem to have been outsourced.

Calling that other number after porting doesn't seem to be AS effective just like scheduling a cancellation doesn't seem to work as much either. If you have been following along for a bit, you will notice this.

Everything with Fido is quite annoying because their approach changes a lot, prices are back and forth, offers are YMMV (phone type, plan, data, etc., that are offered) depending on rep. Their strategy is not really predictable or evident (at least when you look at it from a long period of time).

So basically just pray.
Are they using a new number now? I've been missing calls from 1844 number.
Nov 28, 2008
291 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
this is what i got,

been with FIdo 10+ years. ported to Freedom and got called back.

10GB+3GB Bonus, unlimited calling. $67.50+tax monthly. $329+tax - 500 credit for S9+

thanks to RFD and everyone who contributed to this thread.
Jan 6, 2008
397 posts
210 upvotes
ontario
Well, I ported out to Rogers about 4-5 years ago. I received call back from FIDO and they told me that my number was not on their "target list". This, even though I was able to find old email with my FIDO account number, which she used to confirm me as a previous customer. I suspect it is because I am with Rogers now that my number is not on their list. I suppose I am SOL, or should I keep trying?
Jan 6, 2008
397 posts
210 upvotes
ontario
Honger wrote: Are they using a new number now? I've been missing calls from 1844 number.
FIDO called me about 15 mins ago from the following #: 1-844-277-6920
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
luck11 wrote: FIDO called me about 15 mins ago from the following #: 1-844-277-6920
Signed up with new number early this month couple days ago did port in Telus number got call this morning but missed call from same number, don't know why they call me
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
luck11 wrote: Well, I ported out to Rogers about 4-5 years ago. I received call back from FIDO and they told me that my number was not on their "target list". This, even though I was able to find old email with my FIDO account number, which she used to confirm me as a previous customer. I suspect it is because I am with Rogers now that my number is not on their list. I suppose I am SOL, or should I keep trying?
You could’ve searched this thread for “Rogers” and saved yourself the phone call. Rogers customers are not eligible for this winback.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)