Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Nov 21, 2017
253 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I got this deal and after first month I see I have $377 credit with a device balance of 699. If I cancel my account (i.e., port out my number) from fido, do I have to pay (699-377)+tax or this 377 credit gets clawed back?
RFD is an addiction
Sep 20, 2018
54 posts
7 upvotes
if i get a line with fido and cancel within a few days do u think they will call me back with this retention offer. i really want the XS or Max but everywhere the plans are 100+ montly . thank u in advance
Nov 28, 2016
770 posts
422 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: Yes, got my first bill, it’s right, got 25% off, Fido Facebook agent told me I don’t have 25%, I hate this guys, he just want me sign his worse plan.
I thought $65 is only 2GB in Fido website?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
shatilas wrote: I got this deal and after first month I see I have $377 credit with a device balance of 699. If I cancel my account (i.e., port out my number) from fido, do I have to pay (699-377)+tax or this 377 credit gets clawed back?
Yes and you need to pay 699 + tax -399
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
kminnu wrote: if i get a line with fido and cancel within a few days do u think they will call me back with this retention offer. i really want the XS or Max but everywhere the plans are 100+ montly . thank u in advance
If you take time to go through a couple of the last pages, there are evidences that people do get call backs. Even those who were not with aFido have ported to Fido and left in few days to get the callbacks and they do get it.
Feb 9, 2009
26 posts
14 upvotes
Hamilton
I basically had 2 lines under the same account. I was successful with the Winback on my first line (Samsung S9+ (Paid $79 upfront) , $60/mo for 8Go).
After one month, I decided to port my second line (2 days ago).
I am wondering if someone went through the same experience, What are my chances to get a winback call for the second line?
Sep 20, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
I have 3 lines with Fido and would love to get some of these winback offers, could someone advise the easiest way to port out, was thinking Freedom seems to be the most stated recently. Can it all be done online? And is it usually best to wait for the call back or call and leave a voicemail asap?

Thanks in advance.
Feb 13, 2012
25 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Ported out to Freedom Mobile on December 23rd, received a phone call from Fido Winback on December 24th. Ended up taking this offer:

• iPhone XS 64gb for $0 ($500 + tax - $500 device credit) on an 8gb plan for $67

PM me if you have any questions!
Last edited by NuclearBob99 on Dec 28th, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 16, 2011
8 posts
I was with Fido for two months after porting over from a Telus employee plan. My number is an Ontario area code, but my billing address is Alberta. Ported out to Freedom on December 23rd. Called winback on December 28th and was told that I am not eligible. Does anyone know when they update these lists? Has anyone had any luck calling back in and receiving an offer after being previously ineligible?
Dec 25, 2018
184 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
Ported to koodo from Fido after finishing the contract. Do I will get any call from winback team or I have to call the number the OP has mentioned to get a win back offer?
Wallet unsafe 😁
Mar 29, 2006
483 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Left Fido and went to Bell when they had the BYOD 10g $60 for better reception but will go back to Fido if they offer me a good deal. Been with Fido for over 15 years and they didnt offer me anything when I told them that I was cancelling. Call the 1-855 number mention on earlier post yesterday at 1:09pm and left a message, almost 24 hours now still no call.
Jul 31, 2014
20 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
NuclearBob99 wrote: Ported out to Freedom Mobile on December 23rd, received a phone call from Fido Winback on December 24th. Ended up taking this offer:
  • iPhone XS 64gb for $0 ($500 + tax - $500 device credit) on an 8gb plan for $67
PM me if you have any questions!
I would definitely like to take this offer...would anyone not agree this is great? Too bad it has to be a win-back. How long before I can just call and get this deal?
Jun 30, 2012
28 posts
8 upvotes
Has anyone who recently ported out been able to trade in their current phone for additional credits? Just curious if their normal trade in program also applies to winback offers.
May 1, 2016
39 posts
7 upvotes
I left 2 voicemails (1-855-343-6946) on the 25 (English) and 26 (French). No call back yet. Is there any way to reach them directly, I tried calling multiple times but always get to the VM.
Mar 29, 2006
483 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Seems like people are only get Win Back calls, ppl that left fido to freedom? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Nov 10, 2013
183 posts
106 upvotes
Montreal
Type-R wrote: Seems like people are only get Win Back calls, ppl that left fido to freedom? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I ported to fizz (quebec). Still got callback.
Feb 13, 2012
25 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
SimonB738899 wrote: I left 2 voicemails (1-855-343-6946) on the 25 (English) and 26 (French). No call back yet. Is there any way to reach them directly, I tried calling multiple times but always get to the VM.
Unfortunately, I just kept trying and eventually got through. I called around 7:30AM PST and got through.
Dec 27, 2018
2 posts
So I switched to freedom on Dec 23rd, left a VM the same day. Then left a voicemail on Dec 26th. Still no call back. I decided to call right now and I actually got through. The number is a direct line into the calling center. If you don’t get through, don’t bother leaving more than 2 VM. I also found out that I was not on their win back call list, so it disqualified me from the offer. I had to patch my friend who got the offer and they said my line had to join his account. So he took my number on his account, got me the offer and we called back separately to port back the number ownership to me.

I got the XS max offer with the $67 8gb plan. Hope that helps for people trying to get the offer. Just make sure you’ve got a friend also who’s qualified for the promo as a back up.
Oct 1, 2013
50 posts
87 upvotes
EDMONTON
i tried calling 7 times just now and was able to reach a person. Got I phone XS MAX 64 GB for 159 $ upfront with 500 device credits and 10gb for 75 dollars. sweet deal.
please keep calling and you will be able to reach them.

Price breakout for plan is 100 $ for 10gb for duration of contract but they give 25% discount for time of contract so 75$ per tax.

so first invoice is 159 for device +75 for plan
Last edited by jaspre150 on Dec 28th, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
jaspre150 wrote: i tried calling 7 times just now and was able to reach a person. Got I phone X MAX 64 GB for 159 $ upfront with 500 device credits and 10gb for 75 dollars. sweet deal.
please keep calling and you will be able to reach them.

Price breakout for plan is 100 $ for 10gb for duration of contract but they give 25% discount for time of contract so 75$ per tax.

so first invoice is 159 for device +75 for plan
What’s the iPhone X Max?