• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 8:35 pm
Jan 9, 2013
983 posts
632 upvotes
St Catharines
DigOffers wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 5:33 pm
Today I went through the chat in Fido to test my luck. She refused to connect me to Winback as I had two numbers with Fido before and I just cancelled one. Her excuse was that the account is still open.
Did you cancel or port? If you cancelled, that line will never qualify, it’s gone, done, dust in the wind.
Nov 15, 2014
25 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Should I stick with Freedom when they offered me $51/month with 40GB or go back to Fido with $60/month and 8GB? They said the Note 9 is sold out.
Apr 25, 2017
598 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just to let you guys know Fido sim card is not free anymore on their website, the cheapest I could find is $2 from Costco.
Jul 4, 2006
838 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville
2kfire wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:26 pm
Did you cancel or port? If you cancelled, that line will never qualify, it’s gone, done, dust in the wind.
That's BS on their part.

I have 3 lines and cancelled one and received callback the next day.
Sep 17, 2005
8 posts
2 upvotes
Included usual calling features. I think it's the small voicemail and caller id. Did not include any long distance plans, visual voicemail, etc.
Apr 13, 2015
177 posts
79 upvotes
Alberta
I've tried calling a couple times leaving a message, but no call back. We tried calling in and speaking to someone about it, but they said that we aren't eligible since the account was closed over a year ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1143 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
As some have mentioned be warned of the CS level afterwards.

I just noticed 2 billing cycles in one of my lines is missing the 20% credit.

Called reg customer service they said there's nothing they could do at their level even after speaking with supervisor but they do see the winback discount was noted from day 1. Says to call winback and leave a message.

Left a message with winback noting I called reg CS and they advised winback has to fix it. No call back but same night I get an email saying there is an adjustment to my account and 20% is now added starting this date (2 months late) for 24 months. Doesn't do me any good and is presumptuous that I will stay an extended 2 months from my original 24 months. Called back reg CS and now they are saying they can't back date a credit and can only offer me $25. I'm just asking $18x2 for the promised discount nothing more. Nice people but ridiculous service. 45min and no rectification. To the presidents office we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 21, 2015
27 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I find their invoices and billing statements confusing.

No idea what I owe currently after switching back and can’t see if credits and/or fees were waived.

My balance just showing as -487$
Jan 9, 2013
983 posts
632 upvotes
St Catharines
Lobloco wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:12 am
That's BS on their part.

I have 3 lines and cancelled one and received callback the next day.
Interesting. I know they allow you to “un-cancel” up to a certain number of days (60?) after cancelling, maybe as long as you’re in that time frame the line may still qualify.

Did you have them cancel the line immediately? Or have it dated forward, i.e end of billing cycle?
Dec 31, 2006
76 posts
105 upvotes
I got this offer also. I had two lines. I cancelled one and ported the other. I called a week after and the ported number wasn’t on the list. Asked about the cancelled number and it was on the list. So cancelling a number does work also.
Jan 7, 2019
12 posts
5 upvotes
my wife is a current fido customer and called in... the offer was 5 gb for 60 or 10 gb for 70, as a retention offer.
Mar 7, 2011
56 posts
28 upvotes
I was just contacted twice by fido. Winback team and black ops. Is there any difference, or do they offer the same deal?

Thanks!
Jul 4, 2006
838 posts
185 upvotes
Oakville
2kfire wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:57 pm
Interesting. I know they allow you to “un-cancel” up to a certain number of days (60?) after cancelling, maybe as long as you’re in that time frame the line may still qualify.

Did you have them cancel the line immediately? Or have it dated forward, i.e end of billing cycle?
To clarify, I ported one of my lines to PM and received Winback the following day.

They even asked if I would want to add a line I ported 4 years ago.

sometimes you never know why some never qualify.
Jan 9, 2013
983 posts
632 upvotes
St Catharines
hoangd wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:13 pm
I got this offer also. I had two lines. I cancelled one and ported the other. I called a week after and the ported number wasn’t on the list. Asked about the cancelled number and it was on the list. So cancelling a number does work also.
Did they just reactivate/uncancel the cancelled number?
Jan 9, 2013
983 posts
632 upvotes
St Catharines
Lobloco wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:50 pm
To clarify, I ported one of my lines to PM and received Winback the following day.

They even asked if I would want to add a line I ported 4 years ago.

sometimes you never know why some never qualify.
So you didn’t cancel, you ported?