Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Banned
Jul 9, 2018
126 posts
162 upvotes
I feel like they will decrease the prices of the phone for the back to school sale phone companies seem to have
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1116 posts
413 upvotes
DealFinderR wrote: I feel like they will decrease the prices of the phone for the back to school sale phone companies seem to have
Probably has more to do with clearing out stock of older phones as the next wave of new smartphone are released in late summer and into the fall. (Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 3, new iPhones, etc.)
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15200 posts
6212 upvotes
DealFinderR wrote: I feel like they will decrease the prices of the phone for the back to school sale phone companies seem to have
Go ahead and wait if you want. I predict you are going to miss out on an awesome deal. I don't understand how people can turn this offer down quite frankly. Waiting for better is extremely bold and reckless IMO.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jun 8, 2018
5 posts
7 upvotes
Kind of a pain, but hear me out. Fido never sent me the SIM cards or the email the rep said he would. Whatever. But the same number called me again today, so I called customer support and the rep said there's nothing they can do without an account number or temp number. Which is fair. He sent off an email so they call me back, but they always call when I'm working. If I miss it again, I guess I'm out of luck...

However, what I know in BC is that reception isn't the greatest with Rogers/Fido if your reaching the outside of the lower mainland. In fact, it's the worst out of the Big 3. Seeing as I'm currently Koodo I'm going to call them, but what I've read from the thread here they probably won't help me because I'm using a Manitoba plan. Now, I could do 2 more Koodo lines to get the "loophole" to work, but it's such a hassle. Why do I have to F around, Koodo should just honor the competition...
Banned
Jul 9, 2018
126 posts
162 upvotes
I mean 599-300 credit for the iPhone x isn't exactly the best deal
Banned
Jul 9, 2018
126 posts
162 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Go ahead and wait if you want. I predict you are going to miss out on an awesome deal. I don't understand how people can turn this offer down quite frankly. Waiting for better is extremely bold and reckless IMO.
I mean 599-300 credit on a 63.95 contract isn't that good is it ?
Apr 13, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
So they called again today with a new offer.

5gb/75 with 25% off 2 years.
So its 5gb/56.25 + a free S9.

Should I take it? Not sure if its a good deal....

How are people getting the 10gb/80 + free phone?
Jun 26, 2018
24 posts
4 upvotes
I can't believe people are "waiting for better". There's never been anything this good. I would jump instantly if I was on the winback list.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15200 posts
6212 upvotes
DealFinderR wrote: I mean 599-300 credit on a 63.95 contract isn't that good is it ?
For what phone?

Even if that's just for the 64gb iPhone X, here is the math:

iPhone X $1300

Total contract price $64/month times 24 = $1536, plus the $300 difference from the credit = $1836.

Subtract the cost of the phone and you are left with $536 for two years of cellular service with 5gb per month. That works out to $22/month. And you're asking if this is a good deal? How are you guys hanging up on these winback people when the offer is this good? Why take that risk? They might not ever call you again.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15200 posts
6212 upvotes
tytrn94 wrote: So they called again today with a new offer.

See my post above. You guys aren't thinking clearly if you're even asking if this is a good deal. No offense. Do some basic math. You should never have hung up on the rep.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Apr 13, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: See my post above. You guys aren't thinking clearly if you're even asking if this is a good deal. No offense. Do some basic math. You should never have hung up on the rep.
Well for me, I'm hoping to get onto the 6gb/40 PM Koodo migration. Thats why im a bit conflicted here. I like the deals but i also love 6gb/40
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15200 posts
6212 upvotes
tytrn94 wrote: Well for me, I'm hoping to get onto the 6gb/40 PM Koodo migration. Thats why im a bit conflicted here. I like the deals but i also love 6gb/40
:facepalm:

I just left the Koodo $40 6gb plan for this deal. I took the Rogers 10gb option.

Try adding your Galaxy s9 to your tab medium plan with Koodo. You can't. And if you could you would be adding something like $40 to your monthly payment.

You're not thinking clearly if you think there is any better deal than this currently on the Canadian cellular market. This is the best phone deal I have ever seen.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1728 posts
480 upvotes
ORLEANS
SickBeast wrote: :facepalm:

I just left the Koodo $40 6gb plan for this deal. I took the Rogers 10gb option.

Try adding your Galaxy s9 to your tab medium plan with Koodo. You can't. And if you could you would be adding something like $40 to your monthly payment.

You're not thinking clearly if you think there is any better deal than this currently on the Canadian cellular market. This is the best phone deal I have ever seen.
I ditched 3 lines with koodo @ $40/6GB for 3 fido winback plans. factoring all the costs the fido winback is actually cheaper then the koodo plan. in 2 years time we can shop again. thats a long time from now anways
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15200 posts
6212 upvotes
Palidino wrote: I ditched 3 lines with koodo @ $40/6GB for 3 fido winback plans. factoring all the costs the fido winback is actually cheaper then the koodo plan. in 2 years time we can shop again. thats a long time from now anways
It's crazy how he's somehow glorifying the Koodo $40 6gb plan when it's quite trivial to get a comparable plan right now through them. People are jumping through hoops trying to get that plan when all they need is a Quebec plan.

It blows my mind that people are turning down this deal. People do really ridiculous things when it comes to their cellular plans and phones. If people knew what they were doing they would have switched to the public mobile $120 for 12gb every 90 days. I remember telling all my friends and family about that deal while it was on and no one took it.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1641 posts
445 upvotes
Edmonton
I think I should leave Fido just to take a chance on this kind of call/offer from Fido. :-)
You guys got some of the crazy deal that long time customer like myself won't even get close. Congrats.
Jul 6, 2018
37 posts
24 upvotes
tinybullet wrote: I'm on the same boat as you, called multiple times within the last month and was not on their list each time. Pretty hopeless at this point.
do you have other lines on your original fido account that are still with fido?
Jul 5, 2018
259 posts
122 upvotes
tytrn94 wrote: So they called again today with a new offer.

What province are you in? I am guessing you’re not in Ontario; cos my plan was 5GB/mo at $85 - 25%off = 63.75/mo
Jul 5, 2018
259 posts
122 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: It's crazy how he's somehow glorifying the Koodo $40 6gb plan when it's quite trivial to get a comparable plan right now through them. People are jumping through hoops trying to get that plan when all they need is a Quebec plan.

It blows my mind that people are turning down this deal. People do really ridiculous things when it comes to their cellular plans and phones. If people knew what they were doing they would have switched to the public mobile $120 for 12gb every 90 days. I remember telling all my friends and family about that deal while it was on and no one took it.
Yeah, I really cannot understand why anyone would turn down this deal, but I guess we all have different objectives when in comes to cellular plans. At the end of the day; each person should be free to do what they feel is best for themselves. Slightly Smiling Face
Apr 13, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: It's crazy how he's somehow glorifying the Koodo $40 6gb plan when it's quite trivial to get a comparable plan right now through them. People are jumping through hoops trying to get that plan when all they need is a Quebec plan.

I use a oneplus 5t. Im not really looking to upgrade my phone. I just want to pay less for more data. Why the animosity?
Apr 13, 2018
17 posts
8 upvotes
trendycadety wrote: What province are you in? I am guessing you’re not in Ontario; cos my plan was 5GB/mo at $85 - 25%off = 63.75/mo
Im in BC, they actually gave me that first but I asked for something cheaper. They offered 5/75 so I guess they put me on the Large tab intstead of XL because the S9 was $199 but they also gave me $199 in credits to cover it