Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Hot: Fido Winback former customers $60 5GB pulse $99 IphoneX 2YR YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 10:36 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
harryBMW wrote: Early Cancellation Fee
Maximum Early Cancellation Fee (ECF) $0.00
Amount ECF will decrease each month during your Term $0.00
You will no longer be subject to an ECF on your Term Expiry Date.

Can someone explain this please.
I wonder if the credited your whole phone subsidy lol. That would be crazy.
Jul 6, 2018
37 posts
24 upvotes
submalst wrote: I ported on Sunday to Pm- got a call this morning from "Fido Solutions" but no message was left. I am assuming its in regards to this offer. I wont settle for anything but the $99 offer for the Iphone x. Anyways the price of Iphone x is gonna drop in what a month or so.
I appreciate the update. Still waiting for my call. Did you just have the one line from fido when you left? If not, did you bring all lines to PM?

Just looking at the iphone 8 plus vs equivalent iphone 7 plus on apple.ca doesn't look like the older phones drop very much. I imagine the drop is more pronounced when signing up for 2 year phone deals.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
TidBitz wrote: I appreciate the update. Still waiting for my call. Did you just have the one line from fido when you left? If not, did you bring all lines to PM?

Just looking at the iphone 8 plus vs equivalent iphone 7 plus on apple.ca doesn't look like the older phones drop very much. I imagine the drop is more pronounced when signing up for 2 year phone deals.
Oh yes the older iPhones drop in price and value big time. You can regularly get an iPhone 6s for under $200 outright through Koodo, and the iPhone 7 is around $250. Both phones will give you a similar experience overall compared with the iPhone 8 which really only has wireless charging and a faster processor which most people won't even notice.

I don't think the iPhone 8 phones are a good buy right now even through this deal. They are going to be very badly obsolete once the iPhone 9 comes out next month with a full screen display like the iPhone X. IMO if you're going to get an iPhone through this deal, get the iPhone X.
Nov 14, 2013
34 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
Hi Guys, i just got my first bill. I got the winback offer with 599$ Iphone X 256 GB and 500$ credit and 60$ montly bill for next 2 years.

My first bill today $256.31. I was expecting it be much lower, it seems they added everything and taxed on full amount and then gave the credit. Anyone tried calling and had them apply the credit first and then tax? this might save us like 80$
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1480 posts
764 upvotes
GVR
TalvinderS697 wrote: Hi Guys, i just got my first bill. I got the winback offer with 599$ Iphone X 256 GB and 500$ credit and 60$ montly bill for next 2 years.

My first bill today $256.31. I was expecting it be much lower, it seems they added everything and taxed on full amount and then gave the credit. Anyone tried calling and had them apply the credit first and then tax? this might save us like 80$
Yup thats how fido apply account credits. Credits will apply after the base + taxes. some will use this confusion to make you think you outsmarted them.
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
I left a month ago. Didn't receive a Winback offer, however did receive a call "on behalf of Fido for a short survey regarding leaving". I didn't do the survey.
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
harryBMW wrote: Just got couple of emails. One email says

$750.00 Credit - Hardware Agreement Rebate

I hope this sounds alright
The $750 Credit sounds right. It is similar to the Early Cancellation Fee.
For example, if you cancel at 1 year mark, you need to pay back $375 .

CRTC doesn't allow "Early Cancellation Fee" anymore because it often had a $200 minimum fee even if you cancel 1 month before contract expires.
Dec 18, 2017
41 posts
20 upvotes
huntclub wrote: The $750 Credit sounds right. It is similar to the Early Cancellation Fee.
For example, if you cancel at 1 year mark, you need to pay back $375 .

CRTC doesn't allow "Early Cancellation Fee" anymore because it often had a $200 minimum fee even if you cancel 1 month before contract expires.
Thank you Huntclub

I got 64gb Iphone x + 8gb data + 1000 international minutes + device protection for $66. I had to pay $170 upfront for the phone. I hope i did alright.
Nov 15, 2004
284 posts
22 upvotes
I was quoted $599 iphone X with only $300 credit, upfront cost of $299., $60 monthly 5GB
Can anyone confirm which iPhone X you got from this offer - 64 or 256gb?
Apr 14, 2009
38 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
huntclub wrote: I left a month ago. Didn't receive a Winback offer, however did receive a call "on behalf of Fido for a short survey regarding leaving". I didn't do the survey.
I also left a voice mail to Fido but haven’t had any response yet. Not sure why Fido has this phone number but nobody cares about it.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
namgungh wrote: I was quoted $599 iphone X with only $300 credit, upfront cost of $299., $60 monthly 5GB
Can anyone confirm which iPhone X you got from this offer - 64 or 256gb?
The prices have gone up. When the deal started the 64gb iPhone X was $399 and the 256gb model was $599. The price of both phone has gone up by $200 now, including some other phones also. Some people are reporting that they are giving a bigger bill credit now to compensate but YMMV and it’s kind of hard to haggle with them when the offer is this good.
Dec 18, 2017
41 posts
20 upvotes
I agree, with an offer this good we are left with almost no ground to argue with them. I told this winback rep that i am getting 8gig for $60 with my new provider and he told me that he can give it to me for $55. I was like ok, my previous fido plan had free 1000 international mins included and he said there you go, given. I told him i want atleast $200 in bill credits, he was like i can do $175Face With Rolling Eyes. I was like ok. I said i want the $13 protection plan for the price of the base protection plan, he was like ok given. I paid $176 for the device but in the end he said we know that there is no public mobile plan offering 8gigs LTE for $60 but their job as a winback team is simply just to “winback”.
Last edited by harryBMW on Aug 1st, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2004
284 posts
22 upvotes
Which city/prov you live in ? 8gig for $55 is insane
Dec 18, 2017
41 posts
20 upvotes
My number is from Manitoba but the have my Ontario address. I just kept quiet and he did not say anything about this but he did confirm my address from me.
Jul 18, 2014
181 posts
24 upvotes
Peterborough, ON
called the number in OP 20 times in a row but have yet to receive a callback with a winback offer. called their customer support and they said that if you didnt get the text message for win back then it means you're not eligible. I guess thats it for me then? the $45 / 7GB promo is gone for me then? I'm always the unlucky one eh
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
expiredyogurt wrote: called the number in OP 20 times in a row but have yet to receive a callback with a winback offer. called their customer support and they said that if you didnt get the text message for win back then it means you're not eligible. I guess thats it for me then? the $45 / 7GB promo is gone for me then? I'm always the unlucky one eh
I guess the offer expired with your yogurt. Neutral Face
Dec 18, 2017
41 posts
20 upvotes
Friends this is not related to the topic here but just showing the picture of an Australian phone plan. I moved to Canada from Aus and used to enjoy the phone plans and never had to worry about data. I miss those days and feel sooo ripped off by the mobile companies here. Please note that all the pricing shown in Aus includes taxes, i do not believe in adding taxes after shit.
Images
  • 282D9809-4927-4775-B22F-B9AFCF157F1C.png
Oct 24, 2010
254 posts
13 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Has anyone had any luck trying to match this deal with rogers or any other retention compaines?