Computers & Electronics

Fido internet, maybe a good time to jump ship

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 5:43 pm
Oct 22, 2011
405 posts
430 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I'm not sure if this really changes anything, Fido's "regular" prices were always inflated and the real prices were essentially the promos. When the current crop of promos expire they can extend them with something similar as they've always done or hemorrhage customers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
FormerSlacker wrote: I'm not sure if this really changes anything, Fido's "regular" prices were always inflated and the real prices were essentially the promos. When the current crop of promos expire they can extend them with something similar as they've always done or hemorrhage customers.
I think most of us are accustomed to Fido(or the big three) increasing TV/Internet prices on regular basis. Rogers used to increase prices every March like clockwork.
I think the issue is that they have reduced the speed offerings along with this.

This is now following some previous trends in mobile network where they increased price and reduced data on plans.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6614 upvotes
SW ON
FormerSlacker wrote: I'm not sure if this really changes anything, Fido's "regular" prices were always inflated and the real prices were essentially the promos. When the current crop of promos expire they can extend them with something similar as they've always done or hemorrhage customers.
This is about regular price increase and speed decrease.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)