[Fido] iPhone 11 Pro 64 GB Black Friday $36 Per month + Plan charge

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 11:51 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5027 posts
1738 upvotes
Ottawa
oreoMilkshake wrote: $110 down, $33.34/mo for 24 mo on a $35/4gb plan (fido) and a lot of free accessories
no $300 points?
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
27 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: no $300 points?
it wasn't offered to me at the time of purchase, is there any way to still claim the points?
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got home from Mobile Shop...added a line to my existing Fido account...and got:

64gb iPhone 11 Pro Max for $146 down plus tax, $36/month and 300,000 pc points (Used points to pay the upfront payment)
10gb + 2gb bonus (so 12gb total) for $40/m
$45 Activation fee waived
Extra 50,000 points for trade in of a very old phone
= happy camper
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
HP_John wrote: Was told by The Mobile Shop that there are no more iPhone 11 Pro in Ont (eg literally 0 units anywhere still available in Ont Mobile Shop stores)
Just bought a 11 pro max at a Mobile Store in Ottawa...guy checked and there were both 11 pro and 11pro max in stock in the city...not all locations
Dec 20, 2006
401 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
i think stocks in ON were literally being sold out within the hour of them receiving it. a shipment of 11 pro just came in while i was there and before i finished and left, all of them were reserved either by people calling in or other stores calling in to reserve them...
Jul 10, 2019
81 posts
161 upvotes
dream3 wrote: So here is my upsetting story with Fido:

First time customer, was excited to be getting 2 new lines with 2 iphone 11 pros. It was a christmas gift to me and my wife, she was super excited. We have been rocking iphone 6 for a while...

Ok I tried purchasing it online, doesnt go through. Stopped at credit check. We have 15k limit in total in our credit cards btw... I call, the guy was super nice, does the job quickly, I get happy again.

2 days later I receive email saying iphones were out of stock. I call, again talk to super nice lady, she says it was unacceptable what Fido did and said she could try to bump me to a 256GB iphone for free. Welll that didnt work out so she tried calling all the local Fidos in montreal so they can reserve 2 phones for me. She found one store. Its COVID time, I didnt want to go into a mall but ok, thank you lady.

I go to Fido store for the first time, rude clerk says they cant give me the phones as I dont have 2 pieces of ID with me, didn't bother checking my account which was already set up with all my validation data. Says will keep the phones and I should go back the next day. (No one told me I had to bring IDs, I thought I could just confirm the data they had on their system). It happens, right, miscommunication.

Here I go second day, out in the COVID snowy winter I go to the store again and to my surprise, another disgusting little clerk says they sold my iphones. According to her, the manager said I went to the store and gave up, even though the first clerk SPECIFICALLY told she would keep them and that I should come back the next day. No apologies, no offers, nothing. She didn't even flinch.

I didnt tell my wife yet but I know she will be devastated. She's been using her phone a lot during the lockdown to record online lesson to start a business. This iphone would bring so much to her.

And the worst is I know there's nothing I can do about it. I have lost 4 hours on the phone for nothing and I can hardly imagine if I try to make my case to the random agent over the phone will do any good. Screw Fido.
You were expecting to pick up two iphone 11 pros without physical ids? It's just expected. Shouldn't be a reason to hate a telcom tho
May 2, 2008
73 posts
22 upvotes
i got the 11 pro max for $36 per month with $35 monthly plan
but the email of account confirmation and agreement I received all shows the monthly plan is $45 and monthly phone charge is 66.04 with tax.
is that right?
i couldn't find anywhere says 35 and 36.
Oct 19, 2013
358 posts
60 upvotes
A relative got the $35 4GB plan only online (didn't receive sim yet). Can they just go to the mobile shop to take advantage of the 300K bonus by adding a phone to their plan?
Nov 7, 2016
5 posts
I got mine yesterday at WOW Mobile

Dude hooked me up like crazy and gave me some sweet accessories and a visa giftcard totaling $200 and used $150 towards the upfront cost

I brought in a broken flip phone and got $50
Guy said there is lots of inventory on 11 pro max and little bit of 11 pro in the company. Said he saw more coming in Friday
Jan 6, 2002
311 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Ktersteeg wrote: Just got home from Mobile Shop...added a line to my existing Fido account...and got:

64gb iPhone 11 Pro Max for $146 down plus tax, $36/month and 300,000 pc points (Used points to pay the upfront payment)
= happy camper
Can I expect a similar deal to this in Alberta?

I was going to go with the Costco promo for a new line and upgrading our two existing plans, but the iPhone 11 Pro seem to be completely gone from Costco, throughout Canada. This looks to be the next best Promo that I can find.
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Draug wrote: Can I expect a similar deal to this in Alberta?

I was going to go with the Costco promo for a new line and upgrading our two existing plans, but the iPhone 11 Pro seem to be completely gone from Costco, throughout Canada. This looks to be the next best Promo that I can find.
I think you'd only get 8GB of data as a new customer. Ofc there are people in this thread saying they've gotten more data added for free, or the $100 online bill credit by sweet-talking the reps/chat support.

You would get the rest of the deal though. If you need less data you can get it for even cheaper.
Sep 22, 2009
861 posts
112 upvotes
dream3 wrote: So here is my upsetting story with Fido:

First time customer, was excited to be getting 2 new lines with 2 iphone 11 pros. It was a christmas gift to me and my wife, she was super excited. We have been rocking iphone 6 for a while...

Ok I tried purchasing it online, doesnt go through. Stopped at credit check. We have 15k limit in total in our credit cards btw... I call, the guy was super nice, does the job quickly, I get happy again.

2 days later I receive email saying iphones were out of stock. I call, again talk to super nice lady, she says it was unacceptable what Fido did and said she could try to bump me to a 256GB iphone for free. Welll that didnt work out so she tried calling all the local Fidos in montreal so they can reserve 2 phones for me. She found one store. Its COVID time, I didnt want to go into a mall but ok, thank you lady.

I go to Fido store for the first time, rude clerk says they cant give me the phones as I dont have 2 pieces of ID with me, didn't bother checking my account which was already set up with all my validation data. Says will keep the phones and I should go back the next day. (No one told me I had to bring IDs, I thought I could just confirm the data they had on their system). It happens, right, miscommunication.

Here I go second day, out in the COVID snowy winter I go to the store again and to my surprise, another disgusting little clerk says they sold my iphones. According to her, the manager said I went to the store and gave up, even though the first clerk SPECIFICALLY told she would keep them and that I should come back the next day. No apologies, no offers, nothing. She didn't even flinch.

I didnt tell my wife yet but I know she will be devastated. She's been using her phone a lot during the lockdown to record online lesson to start a business. This iphone would bring so much to her.

And the worst is I know there's nothing I can do about it. I have lost 4 hours on the phone for nothing and I can hardly imagine if I try to make my case to the random agent over the phone will do any good. Screw Fido.
If you feel you've been wronged, complaint to the CCTS and ask for compensation for the wasted.
Sep 22, 2009
861 posts
112 upvotes
Ktersteeg wrote: Just got home from Mobile Shop...added a line to my existing Fido account...and got:

= happy camper
How did you get the plan? Do you have monthly credits that reduced the monthly cost of your plan to $40/m?
Nov 25, 2014
43 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
w3ssisback wrote: A relative got the $35 4GB plan only online (didn't receive sim yet). Can they just go to the mobile shop to take advantage of the 300K bonus by adding a phone to their plan?
Sadly no... I got the same situation where I signed up a BYOD plan from Fido.ca as their live chat confirm that BYOD can be considered as payment plan and is eligible for the 100$ credit.
Me: I am bit confused here.. I thought payment program plan is for purchasing a device? How does that work when you say " you can just use this plan without the contract also"? Thanks!
Fido Live Chat: This Plan is a Fido payment program plan but you can use it without purchasing device and without the contract, but if you purchase the device in future you need not to change the plan.

So I signed up online got a 10 off monthly but there was no indication that 100$ credit. When contacting live chat the next day, they gave me totally different info where 100$ is only available when purchasing a device with payment plan from fido.ca. Worst part, if you are on a new activated BYOD plan, you can't add a device until 30days later. So in your relatives case, you'd have to cancel the serive signed up online by declining the sim card delivery and having the courier send it back. Then register a new account again from TMS.

That's what I learned with hours wasted on their live chat. Really want to file a complaint for the misleading info given at the first time...
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Draug wrote: Can I expect a similar deal to this in Alberta?

I would check with one of the Mobile Shop kiosks...usually AB has better plans than Ontario. The 300,000 PC points can be increased in one of the Shoppers DrugMart bonus redemptions...I think there is one on now where 250,000 points gets you a credit for $400, so you can shop like a true redflagger ;-)
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
rcheung13 wrote: How did you get the plan? Do you have monthly credits that reduced the monthly cost of your plan to $40/m?
Plan is $50/m for 10gb, but $10/m discount for 24 Months plus bonus extra 2gb data
Last edited by Ktersteeg on Nov 27th, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2013
314 posts
160 upvotes
Wow are mobile companies allowing iPhones on $35-45GB plans now?

Every time I try to upgrade to the latest iPhone they don't allow any plan bellow $50 and normally those only came with 2-4GB per month to get like 8GB it would cost about $80+TAB of the phone

***Edit***

I guess now providers provide a lot of more data.

Anyways these are the only plans available on Rogers for an iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB with $0 down

https://pasteboard.co/JCjJsUo.png

and you pay $30 monthly for the phone on top of the plan.

So the monthly costs ends up at $110

https://pasteboard.co/JCjK9TT.png

This is pretty much what I would expect on any provider for a new iPhone except that now they give a lot more data
Jul 12, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
So it's $36/month for the phone for 24 months (plus plan)
Total paid for the phone after 24 months: $864 Is this correct?

Given the plan I already have on Freedom, they offer the same phone for 4.84/month + $364 upfront. Total paid for the phone after 24 months: $480

I'll try a physical store to see if they offer anything more than 64GB, the only reason I want to upgrade from my 6s plus is to get more than 64GB. Does anybody know if the physical stores offer more options on storage?
--
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2004
1491 posts
95 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: How much of the $210 could be used from 300K points?
Are you an existing Fido customer?
All of it (got a Mophie wireless charger with the remainder) and no, existing Rogers customer and moved lines to Fido.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2004
1491 posts
95 upvotes
saulin wrote: Wow are mobile companies allowing iPhones on $35-45GB plans now?

Every time I try to upgrade to the latest iPhone they don't allow any plan bellow $50 and normally those only came with 2-4GB per month to get like 8GB it would cost about $80+TAB of the phone

***Edit***

I guess now providers provide a lot of more data.

Anyways these are the only plans available on Rogers for an iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB with $0 down

https://pasteboard.co/JCjJsUo.png

and you pay $30 monthly for the phone on top of the plan.

So the monthly costs ends up at $110

https://pasteboard.co/JCjK9TT.png

This is pretty much what I would expect on any provider for a new iPhone except that now they give a lot more data
Everything changed earlier this year (Feb/Mar I think) when they stopped subsidizing new phones. So the plan and the phone are (almost) completely separate now.

And never settle for the posted plans, especially on Rogers. Plenty of threads on here as to how to get a great deal.