Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Fido] iPhone 11 Pro 64 GB Black Friday $36 Per month + Plan charge

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 11:51 am
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
saulin wrote: Wow are mobile companies allowing iPhones on $35-45GB plans now?

Every time I try to upgrade to the latest iPhone they don't allow any plan bellow $50 and normally those only came with 2-4GB per month to get like 8GB it would cost about $80+TAB of the phone

***Edit***

I guess now providers provide a lot of more data.

Anyways these are the only plans available on Rogers for an iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB with $0 down

https://pasteboard.co/JCjJsUo.png

and you pay $30 monthly for the phone on top of the plan.

So the monthly costs ends up at $110

https://pasteboard.co/JCjK9TT.png

This is pretty much what I would expect on any provider for a new iPhone except that now they give a lot more data
I’m with Fido and the plans offered to me for a hardware upgrade were similar to what you are seeing on your Rogers account.
When I added a line to my account I was able to get am iPhone 11 Pro Max for $140 upfront with a $36/m payment for 24 months on a 12 gb plan for $40/m...so total of $76/m plus tax.
Apr 6, 2003
858 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
Quick question, I didn’t see it mentioned in thread but can you combine the $50 referral bonus with buying the phone and plan from Costco, WOW or loblaws?

If yes and someone can provide a code, feel free to PM me a referral code.
Sep 16, 2020
60 posts
30 upvotes
is anyone else having this "issue"? on my fido myaccount, i got my first bill today and was looking through my profile-- i was only charged for my phone plan, but i didn't see any charges for my 11 pro max, and under 'my device' it says this: "Thanks for bringing your device
Find out your exclusive deals". is this just a temporary glitch, or did i get really really lucky?
Nov 26, 2020
9 posts
That's a really good deal with Fido. Can you please share the store location where you got the deal. I am looking to port 4 lines. Thanks
Jan 6, 2002
311 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Ktersteeg wrote: I would check with one of the Mobile Shop kiosks...usually AB has better plans than Ontario. The 300,000 PC points can be increased in one of the Shoppers DrugMart bonus redemptions...I think there is one on now where 250,000 points gets you a credit for $400, so you can shop like a true redflagger ;-)
Yes, but what on earth does SDM sell that is worth spending $250-$400 on? Please, enlighten me, I need to know - just earned 1,000,000 PC Optimum points.

I didn't do quite as good as Ktersteeg, whom I quoted before. Alberta seemed to have zero iPhone Pro 11 anywhere, so I was forced away from Costco, and into The Mobile Shop at Superstore. When I showed the Rep this thread, and explained I wanted 10gb+2gb for $40 monthly, he had an explanation (or fabricated story) about how certain Fido deals are tailored to certain Fido customers, based on their previous plans. He said that Ktersteeg likely came from a low priced plan before, so the $40 for 12gb offer came internally from Fido. On the other hand, I already had a 10gb for $100 plan (horrible!!!), so Fido would never have a Ktersteeg offer on my account..... Believable? I felt like my chance on an 11 Pro was coming to an end, so I went with it.

In the end, I ended up with:
1 renewal, S20, $0 down / $30 finance, 10+2 GB for $60/month, 300,000 PC Points, 50,000 for an iPhone 3 trade in, Activation Credit.
1 renewal, iPhone 11 Pro, $0 down / $36 finance, 4+2 GB for $40/month, 300,000 PC Points, 50,000 for an iPhone 5 trade in, Activation Credit.
1 New Line, iPhone 11 Pro, $0 down / $36 finance, 4+3gb, $40/month, 300,000 PC Points, Activation Credit
1 New Line, owned iPhone 8, 4+3gb, $40/month, Activation Credit
"$100" of merchandise - 2 cases, 2 screen protectors

I dont think I did horrible, but not as good as some have here.... All in all, I save quite a bit on the two old plans, and chalk the other costs as the price of having teenagers!!!
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Draug wrote: Yes, but what on earth does SDM sell that is worth spending $250-$400 on? Please, enlighten me, I need to know - just earned 1,000,000 PC Optimum points.
Nintendo Switch is exactly $400.

Also, if you have a business you should consider the telus/RBC deal.
Jan 6, 2002
311 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
I do have a business, and already do the business banking with RBC.... whats the deal there?

A Switch is also tempting!

Thanks!!
Nov 26, 2014
397 posts
653 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Draug wrote: I do have a business, and already do the business banking with RBC.... whats the deal there?

A Switch is also tempting!

Thanks!!
The deal is $42.50/line for 20GB. $200 port in credit per line and activation fee waived.

Then they have some cheap phones on top of that. You can get a Moto G Fast for $0.83/month (if you want the cheapest) but there are also good deals on the Pixel 5, Pixel 4a, LG Velvt, S20 FE 5G (free galaxy buds+), and S20 (free galaxy buds live). The black friday price of the iPhone 11 is also reasonable.

Phones: https://www.telus.com/en/business/small ... martphones

Deal: telus-inferno-telus-business-20gb-plan- ... 3-2423769/
Dec 20, 2011
175 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Draug wrote: I didn't do quite as good as Ktersteeg, whom I quoted before. Alberta seemed to have zero iPhone Pro 11 anywhere, so I was forced away from Costco, and into The Mobile Shop at Superstore. When I showed the Rep this thread, and explained I wanted 10gb+2gb for $40 monthly, he had an explanation (or fabricated story) about how certain Fido deals are tailored to certain Fido customers, based on their previous plans. He said that Ktersteeg likely came from a low priced plan before, so the $40 for 12gb offer came internally from Fido. On the other hand, I already had a 10gb for $100 plan (horrible!!!), so Fido would never have a Ktersteeg offer on my account..... Believable? I felt like my chance on an 11 Pro was coming to an end, so I went with it.
In this instance, the plan I was able to get had nothing to do with my previous plan. The Mobile Shop rep told me about it before he even accessed my Fido account.

I was in the same boat as you....trying to find an 11 pro and most places were out of stock. When the rep offered the plan and was able to locate an 11 Pro in another TMS location in the city, I jumped at it....filled out the paperwork and drove to the other location to pick it up ;-)
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2083 posts
496 upvotes
Central Ontario
Draug wrote: Yes, but what on earth does SDM sell that is worth spending $250-$400 on? Please, enlighten me, I need to know - just earned 1,000,000 PC Optimum points.
Huh? Use your points to buy groceries at any of the Loblaws brands.
Jan 6, 2002
311 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Yes, JustMike, correct. But SDM has a promo right now where you can use $250 worth of points to buy $400 of merchandise... stretches the PC Points even further, if you can find $400 of what you want at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2381 posts
741 upvotes
Dunderhead wrote: Got an 11 Pro Max via the mobile shop. This is a pretty killer deal if you go through them. No activation, 300k pc optimum, $35/mo for 4gb, and applied the referral code after.

Thanks OP! Now I don't have to deal with Freedom's garbage network any more!! Freedom from Freedom!!!
How much for iphone 11 pro max?
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jul 28, 2007
825 posts
1251 upvotes
Calgary
densil_lopez wrote: How much for iphone 11 pro max?
It was $140 down (reduced to 0 by using optimum points) and $36/mo
Nov 27, 2020
11 posts
4 upvotes
Saw an iPhone 12 a few days ago, luxurious phone, good build quality. Looks solid, same as the iPhone 11.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2381 posts
741 upvotes
Any mobileshop in GTA has 11 pro max..???
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Oct 25, 2010
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Virgin mobile seems having the exact promotion as Fido. Which one should we go? Or it’s basically no difference. I’m in Ontario. Thank you!
Dec 11, 2010
601 posts
426 upvotes
aries27 wrote: Virgin mobile seems having the exact promotion as Fido. Which one should we go? Or it’s basically no difference. I’m in Ontario. Thank you!
Fido have better customer service imo, and that they have a referral program that gets you extra $50 bill credit if you sign up through referral before going to the store.
Virgin on the other hand does have promotions for Cineplex if you like going to movies.
You'll Never Walk Alone.
Oct 25, 2010
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thank you very much for the info!
blurx wrote: Fido have better customer service imo, and that they have a referral program that gets you extra $50 bill credit if you sign up through referral before going to the store.
Virgin on the other hand does have promotions for Cineplex if you like going to movies.