• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2020 3:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
48 posts
6 upvotes

Fido as ISP provider

How is Fido internet in Markham area? Currently with rogers, called multiple times but won't budge on price. Looking for cheaper solution. TIA
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3382 posts
2968 upvotes
Toronto
screamer00 wrote: How is Fido internet in Markham area? Currently with rogers, called multiple times but won't budge on price. Looking for cheaper solution. TIA
Fido uses Rogers cable network since they are owned by Rogers

Check your address here to see what's available

https://www.fido.ca/internet/packages
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
48 posts
6 upvotes
i did and it is available. What modem would be included in the package? It's a bit cheaper than rogers. Any chance it will drop on boxing day?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3382 posts
2968 upvotes
Toronto
screamer00 wrote: i did and it is available. What modem would be included in the package? It's a bit cheaper than rogers. Any chance it will drop on boxing day?
Whatever modem they decide to send you. You may get the modem used currently by Rogers (a white CODA-4582) or older one not used for Rogers customers.

I don't think there will be a better deal than the one currently offered by Wireless Wave. 50% off regular rates for 12 months and $50 in-store credit.

You could get the same promotion through Fido chat without the store credit.
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2008
4729 posts
1695 upvotes
screamer00 wrote: i did and it is available. What modem would be included in the package? It's a bit cheaper than rogers. Any chance it will drop on boxing day?
Fido is the same at Rogers. Same network. Same COAX cable coming from the street into your house.

Any change it will drop on Boxing Day? ANYBODY HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL TO HELP???

Pickup the phone and call Bell and ask them.

I left Rogers after 25 years. I had their Gigabit Internet + Popular TV Cable Package paying $150 taxes in ... said I wanted only Gigabit and they only offered it at Rack Rate (absolutely no discounts).

So I picked up the phone and called Bell and they offered me their Bell Fiber 1.5Gbps Internet for $59.95+HST .. no contract, no installation/activation fees ... price is guaranteed until I change the package.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
48 posts
6 upvotes
Called bell and they don't offer the speed around my area. I am on the same boat as you ignite bundle and only offer stock price with no discount. Fido is now 50% off so sign up and will see.