Expired Hot Deals

Fido / Koodoo / Videotron / Virgin 11 GO plan BYOD for 55$ (Quebec)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 7:59 am
[OP]
Nov 13, 2014
336 posts
208 upvotes
Westmount, QC

Fido / Koodoo / Videotron / Virgin 11 GO plan BYOD for 55$ (Quebec)

Deal Link:
Price:
These past few weeks it seems every company had a 9go plan for 50$ and 11go plan for 55$, while in Quebec nothing was really happening. Yesterday I saw on Fido that their 8go 55$ plan was upgraded to 11go, so I decided to go take a look at all the other company and they all have 11go plans for 55$ now for Quebec.

It's worth noting that Videotron offers 100GO extra for the whole year, making it approximately 19GO per month for 55$ which is pretty good value.

Hope this helps someone !

Koodo

Videotron

Virgin Mobile
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1178 posts
1140 upvotes
Man, to keep my videotron NA plan or not..... I thought an NA plan was a fantastic idea... until covid happened.
May 17, 2012
531 posts
378 upvotes
Montreal
So been a while since I shopped for a cell phone plan... For these plans ; are these "Data bonuses" always for a set duration (e.g. this plan reverts back to 6 GB after a set amount of time, say 24 months) or is this until you switch plans/forever? Either I'm dumb / can't read or this is not really specified even in details/small text?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1178 posts
1140 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote: So been a while since I shopped for a cell phone plan... For these plans ; are these "Data bonuses" always for a set duration (e.g. this plan reverts back to 6 GB after a set amount of time, say 24 months) or is this until you switch plans/forever? Either I'm dumb / can't read or this is not really specified even in details/small text?
The previous data bonuses were ex. 4GB + 4GB. Those are forever.
These ones are better IMO. ex: 6GB + 100GB that covers a year of overage.
That 100GB resets every year at its anniversary.

Just switched my wife's from 4GB + 2GB to 11GB +100GB
Same price.

I can switch 2 of my other lines from 4GB to 3GB + 10GB and they would pay 30$ instead of 35$ (all in).
I'll probably switch those as well.

Unfortunately my ~50$ NA 8GB plan can't really get any better or cheaper :(
[OP]
Nov 13, 2014
336 posts
208 upvotes
Westmount, QC
I was torn between changing my plan but staying with Videotron or going with Fido. In my work office reception sucks, and I don't know if the problem is my phone or Videotron, and I'm the only one with with Videotron at work so it's hard to pinpoint the problem.

I decided I'd leave for Fido if my experience with customer service with Videotron was bad this morning (in my 6 years with them I never had a bad CS experience, although going with Helix TV was a bad experience in itself) so I just called them to see if they would let me have the plan for 55$ (the website says the price includes 5$ off already for new customers), the CSR said no problem gave it to me and gave me 5$ off because I have Helix internet so basically 50$ before tax for ~19Go a month (100Go extra/12 = 8.3 Go).
May 28, 2016
73 posts
32 upvotes
Vidéotron has $25 activation fee, which they wouldn’t waive for me.
Dec 18, 2005
858 posts
914 upvotes
Montreal
I don't understand why they make these plans for "new activations only". I mean, I understand that they're trying to attract new customers, but they must realize that all their competitors are doing the same thing, right? So, I'll get the same plan if I switch from Virgin to Fido. ORRRRR, Virgin could just let me (and all other existing customers) get the plan and avoid the churn dance.
Sep 11, 2020
36 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal,QC
dhomas wrote: I don't understand why they make these plans for "new activations only". I mean, I understand that they're trying to attract new customers, but they must realize that all their competitors are doing the same thing, right? So, I'll get the same plan if I switch from Virgin to Fido. ORRRRR, Virgin could just let me (and all other existing customers) get the plan and avoid the churn dance.

From a business point of view , imagine owning a store and have let's say a maximum 1000 customers. You want to attract another 200 customers that no chance of walking into your store and buying your products . Wouldn't you be willing to lower your profit margins to get these customers? smaller profit is better than no profit. On the other hand you got your current 1000 customers that still walk into your store , why would you lower your profits for them ? you already got their business...

All telecom companies apply the same practices , new customers will always be prioritized . If as a consumer you want to profit from the best deals , keep going back and forth between companies as loyalty is rarely rewarded
[OP]
Nov 13, 2014
336 posts
208 upvotes
Westmount, QC
That's why having your phone and only suscribing to BYOD plan is the way to go, IMO. The only reason I am still with Vidéotron after 6 years is because when I call them they usually give me what I want, if they didn't I'd go across the street. That and when there's a better deal to have I miss it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes