MISSISSAUGA

[Fido] As A Fido Mobile Customer, Get Free 2017 Access To VICELAND

Koodo - Public Mobile - Tangerine
9 replies
Nov 21, 2014
608 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! Always loved shows from vice on tv.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1136 posts
259 upvotes
Burlington
Has anyone else been able to use the Vice app with their Fido account?

When I try to watch something on the Vice app, all the episodes are locked and it won't let me unlock them.
Jan 16, 2017
3 posts
7 upvotes
I was able to sign up for it today - on Android.

Inside the app, I chose Fido as the provider and they asked me for mobile number and they sent me a SMS with a code to validate.

There are two apps, a Fido branded Daily Vice - which is being shutdown in February and the Vice app which is the one you want going forward.

Let me know if you get stuck.
Aug 11, 2011
43 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
It worked on my tablet account, so long as you haven't disabled receiving text messages. Thanked
Dec 23, 2012
67 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone else been able to use the Vice app with their Fido account?

When I try to watch something on the Vice app, all the episodes are locked and it won't let me unlock them.
You need to set your Language to English (Canada) for it to give you the option to sign up with Fido. By default a lot of people will set up their phones as English (United States) which won't let you activate vice. I've emailed their support to let them know about the issue.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2819 posts
569 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
kevotman wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 11:53 pm
You need to set your Language to English (Canada) for it to give you the option to sign up with Fido. By default a lot of people will set up their phones as English (United States) which won't let you activate vice. I've emailed their support to let them know about the issue.
Great tip. I had been wondering why I was able to set it up on my iPad tablet account but my iPhone was never giving me the option to login. I definitely have my iPhone set to USA to use the News app.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1478 posts
2549 upvotes
Calgary, AB
As a Fido mobile customer, get free 2017 access to VICELAND
Get On-The-Go access to VICELAND content via the VICE App
Discover a new worldview with inspiring and original content spanning music, travel, tech, food and culture
Access and watch from your home computer or laptop

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/viceland
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Apr 2, 2004
408 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I remember when Vice used to be cool. Then they sold their soul to Rogers and recently they removed the comment section on their web pages because authors got so butt hurt when readers consistently expressed how disappointing the articles were.