Sep 30, 2020
134 posts
49 upvotes

[Fido] Moto Edge+ on fido.ca for $15 monthly of 24 months

First time to post a thread.
It is a Clearance on Fido.ca.
Comparing with Costco for $1499, BF price $999:
https://www.costco.ca/moto-edge+-unlock ... 74381.html

If possible, please ask for the $10 off for the plan and some one time bill credits as BF deals.

$360=24*$15.

Please note you need pay the tax on full price which is $2000 and if you break the contract earlier, you need pay off it for full price as $2000.
It is general game rule of Fido but $2000 is over priced, please be serious.

Monthly payment breakdown…
Device Full Price
$2,000.00
Fido Payment Program term
24 months
Monthly device payment
($2,000.00 ÷ 24 months)
$83.34/mo.
Payment Program Promotion credit
-$68.34/mo.
After bill credit:
$15.00/mo.
Taxes extra, based on full price of device, and financed over 24 months
Last edited by Hellordfdeals on Dec 4th, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
16 replies
Aug 31, 2006
588 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
Guaranteed only one update apparently. (to Android 11)
Oct 18, 2011
275 posts
374 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Can you add this to a BYOD plan? I'm currently on their $50/15GB winback plan. This phone looks pretty decent for the price.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2020
134 posts
49 upvotes
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Can you add this to a BYOD plan? I'm currently on their $50/15GB winback plan. This phone looks pretty decent for the price.
I do think you should be on a 24 months contract to get this phone, but you can check with live chat to keep current plan or have more promos.

The risk to break the contract earlier than 24 months will be very high since you need pay off it for the full price as $2000 which should be high priced.
Jul 15, 2012
179 posts
514 upvotes
Burnaby
After tax it's around $600 for the phone.
($83.34*1.12-$68.34)*24 = $600.02
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6146 posts
6100 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Furiae wrote: Guaranteed only one update apparently. (to Android 11)
That's the problem with most android manufacturers, thank God Samsung got better, 3 major updates ?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14344 posts
4930 upvotes
London
Had this phone for a bit

Quick thoughts

Screen is awful. It seems to use a limited dynamic range which leads to the picture being washed out looking. The extreme curve on the edges also hampers picture quality by causing insane drops in perceived contrast along the sides

Camera software is absurdly bad. It has really good hardware but the included software produces stupid bad pictures. The mi 10 gcam works for all 3 lenses and produces excellent quality though

Battery life is beyond amazing. I'm a power user and it would routinely last 2 days between charges and give me nearly 10 hours of SOT at 90hz

Case and screen protector options are horrid

The proximity sensor causes 3 little lights to constantly blink that you can see through the screen
Oct 16, 2019
14 posts
17 upvotes
FYI, When you go through to online ordering process, the website directs you to online chat, at which point they tell you that the device is unavailable, so nobody get your hopes up.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2593 posts
2171 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Furiae wrote: Guaranteed only one update apparently. (to Android 11)
Why do you say that ?

I have a moto one action, and it started on Android 9, it is now on Android 10, and so far it is planned to go to Android 11 sometime mid next year (Q2 2021).
Their Budget phones (like the G series) are nowadays only getting single version updates. But the Moto Edge+ is far from being considering a budget phone.

My daughter's G6 play (which was purchased for $149 from costco 2 years ago), started on Android 8, and it is now on Android 9, and last security patch was in April 2020. For a $150 phone, I think that is acceptable.
Unlike Apple, android devices at least can still install the latest version of an app that is compatible with their OS version, since the store will filter the apps still compatible. And sideloading apps is quite easy with no hacking required. 1 setting to change and you can install apps from any source you want.
If you have an old apple device, and you have never installed the app you want before, you are out of luck if the latest version is not compatible with your device. Even if a previous version was compatible, you can't get it since it was never previously installed on your device. So you would need to jailbreak or temporarily sideload with custom signatures, etc..

So Android phones that are not at the latest OS versions, are still perfectly functional. Apple device, are half crippled. Hey I still have one of my old phones running on Android 6, and so far, pretty much every basic app I use can be installed without an issue directly from play store. Now you start going before Android 5 (then is may start to be an issue with some apps). Most apps in play store are built and available for anything past android 4.2+.

Moto is pretty slow at releasing new OS to their phones, that is true. But if the OS comes out within 2 years of phone launch date, odds are you will probably get an update to it.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1208 posts
787 upvotes
Montreal
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Can you add this to a BYOD plan? I'm currently on their $50/15GB winback plan. This phone looks pretty decent for the price.
I upgraded my phone a week ago and basically the phone is an add-on to your plan so in my case, I could change my plan or keep my plan. There's literally a keep my plan option.

For the tax thing that OP is talking about, again for my phone, I don't think that's correct or it wasn't correct in my case. Basically they do all this mumbo jumbo and none of the numbers make sense but when you calculate it out you end up paying the stated price per month for the phone with your plan and the tax on that amount, not on the inflated phone price. I'd actually been looking for awhile so had put in multiple different phones in to check out a various times and it always worked out in the end despite having no idea how they got there.
Jul 22, 2006
353 posts
414 upvotes
I thought long and hard about getting this phone as the specs really appealed to me. After much research, I decided against getting this phone (still staying with my LG G7 One for now) as the reviews and real life experiences have not been very positive. There has been a screen issue that software updates were supposed to correct, but many are still having the screen go green problem, as well as much displeasure with the camera.

There is a reason why this phone has been so steeply discounted. I'd say if your feel lucky, roll the dice and get it as there are a few who have had no problems, but be warned that there are few issues that are hard to look past. I'm not so lucky so I will continue my search for a new phone. This is from a person who has previously used Motorola phones.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3503 posts
2138 upvotes
Kitchener
Seems like a solid deal if you're able to activate this on your account. Though got to admit, Androids don't hold their value, $360 for a $2,000 is unbelievable. There is some technology with the SD865 which is supposed to extend battery life (as in, it's actual life-cycle) by about 200 days.
Why can't we all just get along?
Nov 25, 2002
232 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
I saw this deal the day it showed up but didn't post. Why?

Screen issues. Stay away and high rate of failure. Spec wise on paper it's the best.

Google. You will thanks me later hardware issue the new firmware makes the screen refresh at 40hz.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2020
134 posts
49 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: I upgraded my phone a week ago and basically the phone is an add-on to your plan so in my case, I could change my plan or keep my plan. There's literally a keep my plan option.

For the tax thing that OP is talking about, again for my phone, I don't think that's correct or it wasn't correct in my case. Basically they do all this mumbo jumbo and none of the numbers make sense but when you calculate it out you end up paying the stated price per month for the phone with your plan and the tax on that amount, not on the inflated phone price. I'd actually been looking for awhile so had put in multiple different phones in to check out a various times and it always worked out in the end despite having no idea how they got there.
Yes, on this case, you are right. I tried again with a plan and it shows a add on as below:
GST/HST on plan and add-ons -$3.03
Then the tax is based on plan+device finacing plan.

But for my contract on hand with Fido for new iPhone got black friday, the tax is based on full price and I have paid it for 1 bill.
Nov 23, 2017
28 posts
45 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Had this phone for a bit

Quick thoughts

Screen is awful. It seems to use a limited dynamic range which leads to the picture being washed out looking. The extreme curve on the edges also hampers picture quality by causing insane drops in perceived contrast along the sides

Camera software is absurdly bad. It has really good hardware but the included software produces stupid bad pictures. The mi 10 gcam works for all 3 lenses and produces excellent quality though

Battery life is beyond amazing. I'm a power user and it would routinely last 2 days between charges and give me nearly 10 hours of SOT at 90hz

Case and screen protector options are horrid

The proximity sensor causes 3 little lights to constantly blink that you can see through the screen
I'll give you that the screen is dull.

However, you can install w/e version you like of the Gcam port and get solid results from the device.

I am also a power user with multiples (5) emails syncing, full of apps, wifi, data, BT, GPS always enabled, playing games and all , I manage to get full 2 days of usage, around 9-10 hours SOT.
But I run the screen at 60Hz, because this fix the blinking of the 3 sensors in low light. This is dump because it is clearly a software issue and I got a response from a Moto rep on their subreddit that he will pass the issue to the dev team. It was introduced 2 updates ago. Here is the discussion I had with the Moto rep. https://www.reddit.com/r/motorola/comme ... ian_build/

At 15$ a month, this is a solid device!
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14344 posts
4930 upvotes
London
Kouyou wrote: I'll give you that the screen is dull.

However, you can install w/e version you like of the Gcam port and get solid results from the device.

I am also a power user with multiples (5) emails syncing, full of apps, wifi, data, BT, GPS always enabled, playing games and all , I manage to get full 2 days of usage, around 9-10 hours SOT.
But I run the screen at 60Hz, because this fix the blinking of the 3 sensors in low light. This is dump because it is clearly a software issue and I got a response from a Moto rep on their subreddit that he will pass the issue to the dev team. It was introduced 2 updates ago. Here is the discussion I had with the Moto rep. https://www.reddit.com/r/motorola/comme ... ian_build/

At 15$ a month, this is a solid device!
Good to know there's a way to eliminate that issue

I may go back to it again if/when I get bored of the s20 fe
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
I was actually recommending this to a family member but stumbled on this thread. Definitely a good read, thanks guys.