Expired Hot Deals

Fido

Fido Now Counts Towards Rogers Bundling?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2009 5:54 pm
[OP]
Jul 19, 2009
20 posts
7 upvotes

[Fido] Fido Now Counts Towards Rogers Bundling?

Hey all,

Not sure if this is public knowledge or not (I certainly didn't know), but you can apparently be a Fido wireless customer and still get a percentage knocked off it and your other Rogers services for being a multi-product customer.

I just got a call from one of Rogers innumerable marketing companies, with the monotone marketing drone informing me that they'd be taking 10% off my Fido bill + cable bill, just 'cuz.

So, delete this if it's old news, but I thought my fellow bargain-hunting sociopaths would like to know :lol: .
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
4363 posts
183 upvotes
I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15790 posts
13263 upvotes
GTA, ON
I called Fido once about bundling b/c I saw it on a flyer in fine-print, but when I asked them they said their computers did not show any sort of bundling discount, and none of the CSRs or supervisors knew anything about it.

Is this fairly new? I just checked their website and the 15% bundle link leads to no-where. If you have any info, can ya post it?

I guess I'll have to call and find out. Thanks OP
Dec 11, 2007
404 posts
314 upvotes
Markham
my bro called fido yesterday and got the discount 15% discount since we have rogers cable tv and internet.
Aug 26, 2008
31 posts
Richmond Hill
does it have to be under the same name? or just same address?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
same name and same address.

FYI this is super old news.
Nov 2, 2005
81 posts
1 upvote
For me it doesnt matter if it's super old news, it's news to me and probably quite useful as bell has terrible bundling practices and might be looking to switch over.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4437 posts
948 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Then, can you also have the roger's magazine subscription deals with a fido account?
Feb 2, 2005
360 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
if you have 2 cell phone plan under your name...I wonder If I can get discount.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
134 upvotes
so can i get a discount on my rogers cell bill if my dad is a fido wireless customer?
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I have a Fido plan and a Rogers Cable internet plan; am I eligible for a discount of some kind??
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2007
3056 posts
582 upvotes
In bed.
Dots wrote: if you have 2 cell phone plan under your name...I wonder If I can get discount.
cruisx wrote: so can i get a discount on my rogers cell bill if my dad is a fido wireless customer?
As far as I know (from what the Fido CSRs have told me), 2 services gives you 5%, 3 gives you 10%, and 4 gives you 15% discount regardless of number of accounts. So it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 wireless accounts.
Emancipated wrote: I have a Fido plan and a Rogers Cable internet plan; am I eligible for a discount of some kind??
You can get 5% off your Fido invoice and 5% off your Rogers internet invoice.
Mok122cobra wrote:
Gotta love Crappy Tire and their $1600 set of "Artiste" pots and pans. Is this some kind of joke?
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadia ... #p30113679

😂
Oct 9, 2007
138 posts
9 upvotes
This is certainly news to me (I tried this along time ago before, no dice), I will be calling tomorrow to inquire again. Thanks

I'm idling on Fido's lowest retention plan waiting until Globalwireless or Dave comes out. I have already given rogers too much money.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
24 upvotes
2x Fido lines @ $20/each+tax
1x Rogers Cable

Do we get a 10% discount? Cause we have 3 products?
Apr 22, 2009
647 posts
392 upvotes
Ottawa
mark_in_2k wrote: I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if this is being offered across the board.
Me too.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1027 upvotes
Does it work for my bill and my parent's cable bills?
Different names, same address.
Mar 2, 2006
477 posts
105 upvotes
WARNING!

This also constitutes a "new" contract with penalties for early cancellation - though they are not as punitive as a cell plan penalty. A relative of mine found out the hard way even though he was not explicitly informed that it did.

Read:

Rogers
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2006
1082 posts
717 upvotes
Canada
Actually this is a repost of a repost...
- http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=628579
- http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=703717

And unfortuantely, Fido no longer offers bundling discount with other Rogers services as of July 15th, 2009. Fido customers who already have the better choice bundle discount will continue to recieve their discount, but new customers who want to get the discount will no longer be able to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)