Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] Online Only: Google Pixel 5 $480 - Pixel 4A $240 + $100 Bill Credit + $50 Referral!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2021 1:24 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2078 posts
524 upvotes
So how do I ensure I get activation credit and $100 bill credit. Was on sign up. But do not see them on first bill. Am I going to have to be fighting nonstop?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1535 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal
Raimond wrote: So how do I ensure I get activation credit and $100 bill credit. Was on sign up. But do not see them on first bill. Am I going to have to be fighting nonstop?
They told me it appears on 2nd or 3rd bill.
Aug 9, 2008
61 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
jphccfc wrote: Has anyone received their pixel 5 yet? I have just been on with support and they are saying 3-4 weeks waiting time!
I am in the same situation.

Since we havent actually started the service with FIDO nor use the actual smartphone - I am wondering if I can return the Pixel 5 and just keep my plan!? The reason being, is that if I am going to wait 3-4 weeks - I may as well see whats going on during Boxing day deals.

I am pretty sure Samsung is going to discount more models from the S20 line and Id rather have that over the pixel 5.

Wondering if anybody has done this before.

Please advise
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Any thoughts on whether or not this deal would be there for Boxing Day as well?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2457 posts
1266 upvotes
Mississauga
Neotropolis wrote: I am in the same situation.

Since we havent actually started the service with FIDO nor use the actual smartphone - I am wondering if I can return the Pixel 5 and just keep my plan!? The reason being, is that if I am going to wait 3-4 weeks - I may as well see whats going on during Boxing day deals.

I am pretty sure Samsung is going to discount more models from the S20 line and Id rather have that over the pixel 5.

Wondering if anybody has done this before.

Please advise
I mean you are allowed 15 days return now... So the later you get it the better the overlap with boxing day.

I'm still waiting for my order. I placed it on the thursday just before BF
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Dec 24, 2016
59 posts
9 upvotes
MC2021 wrote: Quickest way is via Live Chat. Only waited for a couple min for the agent.

Getting:
Pixel 4a5G or 5 = $20/month
4GB data + Canada-wide voice = $45 (+3GB bonus so 7GB total)
Credit (24 mths) = -$10
Samsung Tab A 8.4 tablet = $0
Additional 4GB data for the tablet plan (24 mths) = $0
TOTAL = $55/mth+tx

$100 bill credit
$50 referral credit
$45 activation fee waived

Thanks to those who posted the deals!
I got everything except for the 3GB bonus. How do I claim this?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
angryboy wrote: No. You will have to wait for at least 30 days since the sign up.
I had the same issue. So I ported out and ported in.
It's an internal credit check anyway.
When you say you ported out, so you I guess you'll lose your plan? I have the BYOP and spoke with Fido about it. Technically I can even cancel my plan because of the fact that the fee waiver credits won't come in until 2nd or 3rd bill, which by then I'd rather just sign up during Boxing Day
Aug 19, 2007
59 posts
25 upvotes
Lallous wrote: Here is my story - please do not be jealous Face With Tears Of Joy

Earlier this month, I chatted with Fido and was able to move from :
2 GB for 35$/month BYOD + 2 GB bonus (expires in may 2022)
to
3 GB for 40 $ Fido payment plan + 3 GB bonus (expires in December 2022) + 2 GB (permanent bonus) + 2 GB (expires may 2022) - 10 $ for 24 months = 30 $ for 10 GB roughly for the next 2 years or so
However, I did not do a hardware upgrade and only requirement was to change to a fido payment plan. Idea was to have the lowest cost possible pending an upgrade. Rep told me I can upgrade later on and keep discount as long I do not change plan.

Fast forward yesterday I jumped on the Pixel 5 online deal and I was able to use my existing plan despite being only 40 $ before discount - key is to have a Fido Payment plan (vs pulse or BYOD or other older denominations)

So right now I am paying around 25$ tx in for the pixel 5 and 30+tx for the plan for around 60 $ all in with 10 GB + an extra 100 $ online credit.

To sweeten the deal, I was selected to receive a free Samsung 8.4 tablet with a 4 GB + 2GB (bonus from store rep) with free monthly plan that some others have received. I will convert that sim to esim and use it as a dual sim on pixel 5.

Moreover, fido trade has a promotion. It gives an extra 100$ promo bonus on top of trade value for some phones (valued at more than 100 $). In my case, I will get 215 $ for my pixel 3 in good condition (115 $ + 100 $). That will be applied as a bill credit if you do it online and through the mail.

In summary, I have a free tablet, 60$ all in monthly fee with 16 GB of data with a pixel 5 + 100 $ bill credit + 215 $ trade in. Effectively, my pixel 5 will cost roughly 285 $ all in after credit and trade in. Not bad at all.

I am well locked for the 2 years (full penalties on both hardware) and my discounts and advantages should end in the same month which is good for another round of deal hunting in 2 years. YMMV and based in Quebec.
Invoice came through today after all the changes and believe it or not, they applied all the credits right on my first invoice (trade-in credit and 100$ credit for HUP, 10$ monthly credit, 45$ credit the tablet activation).

Also the nice suprise is that the phone is effectively 20 $ plus taxes. No tricks on taxes. They credit 19,XX $ on monthly charges and then they apply taxes . To this amount, they add then the financing amounts + taxes.
In my case, I am paying 50$ (plan and phone) + taxes - really a steal.

Sames goes for the tablet so it is really 0$ monthly.

Really a GG no re on this for me and kudos for Fido for making this right.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1237 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
Lallous wrote: Also the nice suprise is that the phone is effectively 20 $ plus taxes. No tricks on taxes. They credit 19,XX $ on monthly charges and then they apply taxes . To this amount, they add then the financing amounts + taxes.
Yeah, no idea why other people think otherwise.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
MC2021 wrote: Quickest way is via Live Chat. Only waited for a couple min for the agent.

Getting:
Credit (24 mths) = -$10
TOTAL = $55/mth+tx

$100 bill credit
$50 referral credit

Wait, how is it $55/month, isn't it $65/month in total ($20/month finance and $45/month (7GB) data, talk and text)?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3870 posts
1155 upvotes
QC

Getting:
Credit (24 mths) = -$10
TOTAL = $55/mth+tx

$100 bill credit
$50 referral credit

You got all that while being a new client?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2457 posts
1266 upvotes
Mississauga
DealsHunterCo wrote: Wait, how is it $55/month, isn't it $65/month in total ($20/month finance and $45/month (7GB) data, talk and text)?
jfmartel wrote: You got all that while being a new client?
I got the same deal.

Line 1 was
$45 for 4gb less $10 monthly credit = $35
Device was $20 a month

Tablet was $0
4gb plan was $10 with $10 credit for 2 years

So $55 all up.

Line 2 was the same, except I got 7gb as additional lines get +3gb on top.

all plans got the $100 bill credit, $50 referral, and fee waived. I also submitted for them to 'match' Costco's offer of $175 vs $100 for the hardware and the rep was kind enough to do it for both lines!
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Aug 19, 2007
59 posts
25 upvotes
RichRFD wrote: Yeah, no idea why other people think otherwise.
Fido has 2 sorts of credits.
Like the HUP 100$ credit is a bill credit (applied after taxes)
Historically, I think they had a phase where the phone monthly credit was applied after taxes and in this case you would be short on taxes.

Good to see it is not applicable and it is applied the "regular" way.
Sep 21, 2019
288 posts
201 upvotes
I can't tell anymore, is this still going or is this thread just people talking about the deal they already took. If not whats the currently best deal for the p45g ? Not to keen on getting a P5 with detached screen.
Nov 26, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
DealsHunterCo wrote: Wait, how is it $55/month, isn't it $65/month in total ($20/month finance and $45/month (7GB) data, talk and text)?
They give $10 off/ month for 24 months as mentioned in my note as "Credit (24 mths) = -$10"
Nov 26, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
vinnie1990 wrote: I got the same deal.

Line 1 was
$45 for 4gb less $10 monthly credit = $35
Device was $20 a month

Tablet was $0
4gb plan was $10 with $10 credit for 2 years

So $55 all up.

Line 2 was the same, except I got 7gb as additional lines get +3gb on top.

all plans got the $100 bill credit, $50 referral, and fee waived. I also submitted for them to 'match' Costco's offer of $175 vs $100 for the hardware and the rep was kind enough to do it for both lines!
Oh nice! So you got $175 bill credit instead of $100?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1158 posts
336 upvotes
Kagaho wrote: I can't tell anymore, is this still going or is this thread just people talking about the deal they already took. If not whats the currently best deal for the p45g ? Not to keen on getting a P5 with detached screen.
It's whatever that's on the website so I guess $15/month. I decided to cancel my BYOB plan to wait for boxing day for that Pixel 5! Unless someone doesn't want their Pixel 5 let me know!

Good thing I still have my tablet plan for $0/month, 4GB!